problem of 'zipline ingest'

Gu Shaorong

Jul 5, 2016, 11:30:28 PM7/5/16
to Zipline Python Opensource Backtester
HI, I'm in China. when I run 'zipline ingest' it told me 'Failed to establish a new connection:[Errorno 111] Connection refused'.Is there any other way I can download the data and manually copy to ./zipline/data/bundle ?

Vishal Gandhi

Jul 29, 2016, 10:49:55 PM7/29/16
to Zipline Python Opensource Backtester
Hi,

I am also experiencing problem with 'zipline ingest'. In my case, it does download quantopian-quandl , but it doesn't do anything with yahoo or at-least doesn't show any message on the screen.  I've added following code to my extension.py file:

symbols = (
        'AMD',
        'AEG',
        'ARC',
)
from zipline.data.bundles import yahoo_equities, register
register('my_yahoo_bundle', yahoo_equities(symbols,'2016-07-21','2016-07-29'))

I see progress-bar for quantopian-quandl only.  No errors or warnings.  Any thoughts?

Scott Sanderson

Jul 30, 2016, 10:57:05 AM7/30/16
to Zipline Python Opensource Backtester
That sounds like you don't have network connectivity to S3 where the default bundle is stored.  If you have connectivity to Quandl, you can create an account, get an API key, and do:

$ QUANDL_API_KEY=<api key> zipline ingest -b quandl

That will take a couple hours to run (which is why we host the pre-built version on S3), but if it completes for you then you should be able to run algorithms by passing `bundle=quandl` instead of `bundle=quantopian-quandl`.

- Scott

Gu Shaorong

Aug 9, 2016, 7:09:25 AM8/9/16
to Zipline Python Opensource Backtester
I found in the source code that zipline will download quandl data from this url: https://s3.amazonaws.com/quantopian-public-zipline-data/quandl, I copy this url in my webbrowser and download the tar file, then unzip to ~/zipline/data  and it also work.

在 2016年7月30日星期六 UTC+8上午10:49:55,Vishal Gandhi写道:

Emma Ai

May 29, 2017, 10:33:48 PM5/29/17
to Zipline Python Opensource Backtester
i have tried this method of using url, but not working, zipline does not recognize this.