conda install fails

Keith Jacobs

Aug 3, 2017, 10:49:01 AM8/3/17
to Zipline Python Opensource Backtester
I'm trying to install zipline in a conda environment with python3.6 installed.  Here's a copy of the command and response:

$ conda install -c Quantopian zipline
Fetching package metadata ...........
Solving package specifications: .

UnsatisfiableError: The following specifications were found to be in conflict:
  - python 3.5*
  - zipline -> alembic >=0.7.7 -> python 2.7* -> openssl 1.0.1*
Use "conda info <package>" to see the dependencies for each package.

The error seems to imply zipline can only be installed with python 2.7, but the documentation from the latest release says it supports 3.5.  Am I missing something?

Thanks!

jhbarnett

Aug 3, 2017, 7:51:29 PM8/3/17
to Zipline Python Opensource Backtester
Ran into this same issue yesterday. Installing via pip (i.e. pip install zipline) did the trick.

fva...@quantopian.com

Aug 6, 2017, 10:11:40 PM8/6/17
to Zipline Python Opensource Backtester
Hi Keith,

The reason you're seeing this error is because we do not support Python 3.6, and so we don't build Python 3.6 conda packages for Zipline.

Jay Salerno

Aug 19, 2017, 2:05:54 PM8/19/17
to Zipline Python Opensource Backtester
Hi, I'm receiving a similar error but I'm using a python 3.5 environment.

Alex Payne

Aug 26, 2017, 10:15:13 AM8/26/17
to Zipline Python Opensource Backtester
I ran into the same problem.  After installing miniconda2 on mac, I was able to install the zipline package.

But the version of zipline included with that conda env (1.0.1) is broken(https://github.com/quantopian/zipline/issues/1909)!  So I had to pip install zipline to get version 1.1.1.

Hope that helps.

vikas soni

Aug 27, 2017, 5:40:27 AM8/27/17
to Zipline Python Opensource Backtester
Hi, If u still facing problem then this is what I did:

1. Remove Anaconda through Control Panel
2. Install Python 3.4: Change Path in system
3. Install pip : change Path to C;\Python34\Scripts
4. Installed Anaconda3
5. used below command to install Zipline:
conda create -n zipline-env -c quantopian zipline python=3.4

Regards,
conda create -n zipline-env -c quantopian zipline python=3.4