is it possible to use latest version sklearn 1.9 with zipline?

Kelvin Ho

Apr 1, 2018, 11:35:39 AM4/1/18
to Zipline Python Opensource Backtester
Hi all pros,

As far as I know, quantopian research notebook only support sklearn version 1.6.  So I'm wondering if I am able to use the latest version of sklearn (version 1.9) with zipline?

This may be a silly question to you but that's the reason why I'm trying to work on zipline instead of the online platform quantopian.

Thank you so much for your answer in advance.

Regards,
Kelvin

Scott Sanderson

Apr 1, 2018, 6:10:20 PM4/1/18
to Zipline Python Opensource Backtester
I'm not aware of any reason that a newer version of scikit-learn would cause problems for Zipline. Zipline doesn't depend directly on scikit-learn to my knowledge, and Zipline's currently supported version of numpy (1.11) is newer than scikit-learn's minimum bersion of 1.8.