zipline installation in ubuntu

Hassan Gharehassanloo

Apr 7, 2015, 9:13:23 AM4/7/15
to zip...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

I tried to install Zipline with following commands in Ubuntu :
pip install numpy
pip install zipline

After installation, on pip list it show zipline (0.7.0) but when run !run_algo_foo.py got following error:
-bash: !run_algo_foo.py: event not found

Thanks

Thomas Wiecki

Apr 7, 2015, 9:34:28 AM4/7/15
to Hassan Gharehassanloo, zipline
In bash you have to omit the "!".

Hasan Gharehasanloo

Apr 7, 2015, 2:36:52 PM4/7/15
to zip...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Thomas,
When run without "!", gives following output :

AAPL
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/run_algo.py", line 24, in <module>
    run_pipeline(print_algo=True, **parsed)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zipline/utils/cli.py", line 172, in run_pipeline
    with open(algo_fname, 'r') as fd:
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

And when run sample algo, it gives following output :

python run_algo.py -f dual_moving_average.py --symbols AAPL --start 2011-1-1 --end 2012-1-1 -o dma.pickle
python: can't open file 'run_algo.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Best Regards

Hasan Gharehasanloo

Front-end Web Developer

Email: h_g...@yahoo.com
Cell: (0098) 912-462-4557
LinkedIn: linkedin.com/fa/hghare

Andrew Agostini

Aug 12, 2015, 10:02:29 PM8/12/15
to Zipline Python Opensource Backtester
Hello gentlemen,
I similar issue for a windows user was reported last year without finding a solution (Type Error when running Quickstart code). I have the exact same issue and, having looked around in the run_algo.py and cli.py without having seen anything obvious begging my modification, am not sure how to fix this. Does anyone remotely know what's going on here.

I installed zipline via the pip interface according to the instructions since I'm running Anaconda 64bit on Windows 7
I noticed, unlike in the zipline GIT repo, my local installation after pip install does not include all folders, i.e. I'm missing five folders according to this side by side screenshot:

Thoughts?
-A
Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Message has been deleted