no get_pricing-method in zipline?

Ralph Fehrer

Sep 16, 2016, 3:14:02 PM9/16/16
to Zipline Python Opensource Backtester
In order to use additional libraries which are blacklisted in the notebook-research environment, I want to use zipline in an ipython notebook hosted outside the quantopian research environment.  But now I miss the very convenient get_pricing function of the notebook environment, which allow access to arbitrary time frames of data - the history function available through the zipline api only works within the handle_data method and is therefore too limited for my needs.

Is there noc get_pricing function in zipline?

Peter Harrington

Dec 7, 2016, 2:26:13 PM12/7/16
to Zipline Python Opensource Backtester
I have the same question.  I think a good starting point is here:

See these lines:
# Load price data from yahoo.
data = load_from_yahoo(stocks=STOCKS, indexes={}, start=start, end=end)
data = data.dropna()