Can't install version Zipline1.2.0 from Conda

John Strong

May 14, 2018, 7:52:36 AM5/14/18
to Zipline Python Opensource Backtester
When I try to update zipline in a conda environment (Windows 10) in the usual way:

conda install -c quantopian -n zipline-env

But the highest release I can get is zipline-1.1.1. Following freddiev4's advice in this thread, I also tried this:

conda install -c quantopian/label/main zipline -n zipline-env

But I still get zipline-1.1.1.

The reason I need zipline-1.2.0 is that I'm getting the following errors when trying to ingest a CSVDIR bundle:

No module named 'zipline.data.bundles.csvdir'
Error: No bundle registered with the name 'custom-csvdir-bundle'

And, again, according to the thread for issue 2140, I likely get these errors because I do not have zipline-1.2.0 installed.

Just FYI, this is what I am doing. Following the instructions in the Zipline docset, I added the following code to the extension.py file:

from zipline.data.bundles import register
from zipline.data.bundles.csvdir import csvdir_equities

import pandas as pd

start_session
= pd.Timestamp('2016-1-1', tz='utc')
end_session
= pd.Timestamp('2018-1-1', tz='utc')

register (

'custom-csvdir-bundle',
    csvdir_equities
(

['daily'],

'G:\DATA\csvdir'

),
    calendar_name
=None,
    start_session
=start_session,
    end_session
=end_session
)

The I run:

zipline ingest -b custom-csvdir-bundle

calmitc...@gmail.com

May 24, 2018, 9:54:09 AM5/24/18
to Zipline Python Opensource Backtester
Hi John, what OS are you using? I recently overcame the same problem on macOS. Here are the instructions I wrote down for myself to be able to replicate my installation:

Set up pyenv on macOS: https://medium.com/@pimterry/setting-up-pyenv-on-os-x-with-homebrew-56c7541fd331

Use pyenv to install python 3.5: Run ‘ pyenv install 3.5.4 '

Run ‘ pyenv versions ’ to make sure you have the right python installed

Run ‘ pyenv global 3.5.4 ’ to make python 3.5.4 your currently running version

Run ‘ eval "$(pyenv init -)” ‘

At this point, we are running python 3.5.4, using pyenv. Great!

Make sure pip is totally up to date: ‘ sudo -H pip3 install --upgrade pip

pip3 install numpy

pip3 install cython

pip3 install -U setuptools

pip3 install zipline

Install jupyter notebook: python3 -m pip install jupyter

If you are on a windows or linux machine, this tutorial should help you: