Phragmites Wrap-up

Anthony Costantini

Nov 10, 2014, 1:13:58 PM11/10/14
to zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com

Dear Plotholders,

With great success we cleared a good portion of the Phragmites covered area. Below are some pictures of the area itself. We would like to thank Mark Christie, Ilena Ayala, Mihai Cuibus, Laura Rice, Nick Wilt, and Peter Ivy for their hard work in helping to clear the area.

Just as another reminder, the posted date for your plot cleanup is November 15 – next Saturday. A clean plot is one without an overgrowth of weeds and without an overabundance of garbage. A plot to be found in this condition will be considered abandoned and forfeit.

If your plot is being used for winter planting that is fine.

Best,

Anthony & Craig

Phrag 1.JPG
Phrag 2.JPG

M Madigan

Nov 10, 2014, 3:47:37 PM11/10/14
to Anthony Costantini, Zinsser Community Gardens
Many thanks to all who put in such great effort! Sorry I wasn't there to help.Anthony and Craig, maybe the next cleanup
could be around the base of the big oak tree at the Northwest entrance to the garden...ideally this should happen before
ground is frozen hard, as the layers of detritus shelter boring insects (not "uninteresting" ones, the other kind!) that eat
into the bark and eventually rot out the base of the tree. Best, MJ Madigan