Thank you!

Grace m. Ho

Sep 28, 2015, 10:51:25 AM9/28/15
to Anthony Costantini, Zinsser Community Gardens, Beth Shulman, Craig Foxman
Thank you Anthony, Craig and the Gardeners for making such a lovely First Zinsser Potluck dinner!
It was the perfect day in the garden and everyone's contributions were delightful.
Let's make this a tradition at Zinsser to celebrate the fruits of our labor!
Best,
Grace

mich...@aol.com

Sep 28, 2015, 5:41:44 PM9/28/15
to grace...@yahoo.com, acost...@hastingsgov.org, zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com, bpsh...@gmail.com, cfo...@hastingsgov.org, Madm...@verizon.net
It was wonderful to see those we see "all" the time, and those we only cross paths with sometimes.  I agree with Grace, every one's food as diverse and delightful!  I would love to see a preseason potluck as well!

Grace m. Ho

Sep 28, 2015, 10:13:15 PM9/28/15
to mich...@aol.com, acost...@hastingsgov.org, zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com, bpsh...@gmail.com, cfo...@hastingsgov.org, Madm...@verizon.net, tcol...@aol.com
We could consider a Spring Earth Day at end of April to kick-off the planting-growing season with a potluck lunch and seed-exchange.
What do you think, Anthony & Craig?  Any gardeners interested?  Comments?
Thanks,
Grace

Deborah Maier

Sep 28, 2015, 11:02:34 PM9/28/15
to Grace m. Ho, mich...@aol.com, acost...@hastingsgov.org, zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com, bpsh...@gmail.com, cfo...@hastingsgov.org, Madm...@verizon.net, tcol...@aol.com
I like that idea a lot. Exchanges of seeds, seedlings, bale shares, etc...and bracing Spring air.

Thanks for all the organizing, Anthony, Craig, and your part in it, Grace,

Deb M

Mary Ann Kingston

Sep 29, 2015, 10:24:05 AM9/29/15
to Deborah Maier, Grace m. Ho, mich...@aol.com, acost...@hastingsgov.org, zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com, bpsh...@gmail.com, cfo...@hastingsgov.org, Madm...@verizon.net, tcol...@aol.com
Sorry I was unable to make it. I like the spring idea a lot. I could make a strawberry rhubarb pie with rhubarb from my garden. My big rhubarb plant (also called a pie plant) has been growing there since the 40's when Zinsser was a Victory Garden during WWII.

Grace m. Ho

Sep 29, 2015, 11:14:28 AM9/29/15
to Mary Ann Kingston, Deborah Maier, mich...@aol.com, acost...@hastingsgov.org, zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com, bpsh...@gmail.com, cfo...@hastingsgov.org, Madm...@verizon.net, tcol...@aol.com
Yes.  We certainly missed your presence, Mary Ann.  I can already taste that rhubarb pie!  *=P~ drooling
Heard about your groundhog incident...it's probably the same one that demolished Ted's
brussel sprouts and lemon cucumbers in late August. RIP.
XGrace

Conscious Love

Sep 29, 2015, 3:22:58 PM9/29/15
to Grace m. Ho, mich...@aol.com, acost...@hastingsgov.org, zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com, bpsh...@gmail.com, cfo...@hastingsgov.org, Madm...@verizon.net, tcol...@aol.com
Yes I am very interested! I am so sad I missed the recent potluck. I will definitely not be missing this next one.

Also, for raising money, how about we do some gardening demos/presentations, inviting the general public of Hastings with one of Anthony & Craig's rather gorgeous fliers (and emails), come Spring? $5 or $10 a pop, or donations? Includes something like fresh squeezed mint lemonade (with mint leaves) (I'll make it :). Can include more, such as garden salads and/or something else for higher admission (?). Just throwing out ideas, for mo' money.

Thank you all for being so great, especially the volunteers. The children's class is a huge success (though not as high registration/attendance as the one in the beginning of the summer). It is such a beautiful class and I think we should be spreading the word more, just in conversations at least :) Or at least explain (and understand!) that we are raising necessary monies for our garden!

One (plot) gardener said she didn't need to put her kids into the children's gardening class because she was already teaching them herself. I was a bit flabbergasted so I (regretfully) did not explain the purpose: raising money & giving your kids a gardening education from some extremely versed and highly skilled gardeners, such as Ilena!!! And for $40 for six sessions, a price unheard of for anything in Hastings.

Promote the class to anyone you know with children, please! Also because, again, it is very special. Watching the children will show anyone why that is!

Thank you all,
Renata Morren

P.S. WOW on the rhubarb plant Mary Ann- I'd love to see it!!!! I would just love to meet the other gardeners, especially the ones who have been around for a while :) We really have them to thanks for the existence of our plots/garden in the first place. I'd also love to hear about how it all started, the beginnings, and the middles too :)

Beth Shulman

Sep 29, 2015, 4:17:15 PM9/29/15
to Conscious Love, tcol...@aol.com, Madm...@verizon.net, zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com, acost...@hastingsgov.org, Grace m. Ho, cfo...@hastingsgov.org, mich...@aol.com

It was so nice to get together and share a lovely evening, with delicious food, and it couldn't have been more locally grown!
Looking forward to more celebration of our beautiful gardens,
Beth Shulman

Grace m. Ho

Sep 29, 2015, 5:46:58 PM9/29/15
to Beth Shulman, Conscious Love, tcol...@aol.com, Madm...@verizon.net, zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com, acost...@hastingsgov.org, cfo...@hastingsgov.org, mich...@aol.com
Thanks for giving me the "nudge" Beth to make this happen!  Nice teamwork!
Let's plan on an Earth Day celebration to kick-off the 2016 season.  I'm happy to spearhead with Anthony & Craig's approval.
XGrace