Phragmites Update

Zinsser Community Gardens

Oct 16, 2014, 8:04:18 PM10/16/14
to zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com

Dear Plotholders,

There will be a phragmites clean-up day on Saturday, November 8 from 9am-12pm. There will be high school student volunteers from both the environmental club and the AP Environmental Classes. We ask that all participants bring shovels, buckets, trowels, etc. to aid us in our efforts to control the phragmites.

This will not be a total area clean-up. We will work in small sections and see what we can come up with.

We hope to see all of you there!

Best,

Anthony & Craig

Renata Morren

Oct 17, 2014, 10:22:30 AM10/17/14
to Zinsser Community Gardens
Hello and thank you! Please can we bring a notebook for all volunteers to sign up on all things. Sorry to be kind of lame but I just feel sure that we should have a garden notebook with all records kept, in the case that anything arises in the future. I can bring the notebook, but can you guys keep it, being the leaders of this whole thing and all? Thanks so much! -Renata

Renata Morren

Oct 17, 2014, 10:24:13 AM10/17/14
to Zinsser Community Gardens
also should i bring something

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 8:04 PM, Zinsser Community Gardens <zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Ilena Ayala

Oct 17, 2014, 11:03:55 AM10/17/14
to Zinsser Community Gardens
I strongly recommend the following:
a) waterproof boots, because the water table is ~ 2 1/2 feet down and the roots go down even further than that
b) root cutters to clip the large roots with
c) gloves to protect your hands

If it rains hard a day or two before the cleanup, it'll likely be VERY wet going as we dig down.

I'll see if I can get the day off from work, I'd love to join this.

-Ilena

Martin Gardner

Oct 17, 2014, 2:59:08 PM10/17/14
to Zinsser Community Gardens
I’ll try to make it.

Grace m. Ho

Oct 17, 2014, 3:34:31 PM10/17/14
to Martin Gardner, Zinsser Community Gardens
Dear Anthony,
Thank you for organizing this.   Unfortunately, I have a prior commitment in Brooklyn that afternoon but plan to help for at least 2 hrs. in the morning.

See you on Nov. 8th.

Best,
Grace

Vicki Travis

Oct 17, 2014, 4:25:49 PM10/17/14
to Grace m. Ho, Martin Gardner, Zinsser Community Gardens
ive been sick for awhile, but would like to participate in the spring

Sent from my iPhone

Shizuko

Oct 17, 2014, 11:47:55 PM10/17/14
to zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately I will be out of town that weekend.. Lots of luck!

Shizuko Aizeki
NYS Licensed Massage Therapist, NCBTMB
(914)621-1129

Faith is the centerpiece of a connected life. It allows us to live by the grace of invisible strands. It is a belief in a wisdom superior to our own. Faith becomes a teacher in the absence of fact.
       - Terry Tempest Williams

Oct 18, 2014, 10:23:12 AM10/18/14
to Shizuko, zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com
John and I are hoping to be there!

Grace m. Ho

Nov 8, 2014, 12:05:39 AM11/8/14
to Zinsser Community Gardens
Anthony & Craig,
Was planning on coming but got a stomach bug & chills tonight and am flat-out -Sorry, can't make it.
Best,
Grace

Renata Morren

Nov 9, 2014, 1:26:46 PM11/9/14
to Zinsser Community Gardens
I am so sorry. My kid's birthday planning took over- I don't know how I thought it was next weekend. Can there be a part 2 of this? I promise I will make it/prioritize this better. Again so sorry.

Anthony Costantini