Message from Deb Maier

Craig Foxman

May 7, 2015, 7:09:22 PM5/7/15
to zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com

Dear Fellow Gardeners,

 Does anyone know of this product:

 DeWitt Straw TackSak

 ?  Contrary to what it seems, the link leads nowhere helpful.  The company is more for contstuction related supplies, apparently.

. I bought a bale of this material from Amodio's in WP, thinking it was ordinary broken straw. But in fact it has some kind of adhesive incorporated into it.

 Amazingly, I can find nothing online attesting to its appropriateness for organic vegetable gardening.

Does anyone know?

 If not, I won't even open the bag.

 In which case----does anyone have a good source for old hay or straw? It's definitely time to mulch!

 Thanks for any leads,

 Deb M

Vicki Travis

May 11, 2015, 5:44:02 AM5/11/15
to Craig Foxman, zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com
if you get any answer to this I'd love to know.

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Kathy Sullivan

May 11, 2015, 7:55:07 AM5/11/15
to Vicki Travis, Craig Foxman, zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com

I suggest that you give the company a call and ask about the straw. The website says it is safe for children and animals, but has no details about the binder/tack.

Kathy