Today I watered the Children's Garden

Conscious Love

Aug 19, 2015, 7:56:10 PM8/19/15
to Zinsser Community Gardens
Ilena, Anthony (?), To Whom it May Concern,

The garden looked dry and I did it. Shouldn't we put up a chart/sign in sheet and all share in the work there?

Thanks so much for all your work Ilena (and anyone else?)- it looks so good and you're a great gardener!!!!

Renata

Bel...@mskcc.org

Aug 20, 2015, 8:24:48 AM8/20/15
to lightn...@gmail.com, zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Renata!!

Sent from my iPhone

Please note that this e-mail and any files transmitted from
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center may be privileged, confidential,
and protected from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of
you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution,
copying, or other use of this communication or any of its attachments
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message
and deleting this message, any attachments, and all copies and backups
from your computer.

mich...@aol.com

Aug 20, 2015, 9:29:00 PM8/20/15
to Bel...@mskcc.org, lightn...@gmail.com, zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've been trying to water several times a week.  Put in new sticks for two tomato plants today.  During which, a bunch of plum tomatos sacrificed themselves - took them, they will ripen on my windowsill.  I for one would not likely sign in on a sheet - I water and upkeep as it needs it.

Michele

Conscious Love

Aug 20, 2015, 10:06:26 PM8/20/15
to mich...@aol.com, Zinsser Community Gardens, Bel...@mskcc.org

Um, I meant a sheet only so that the work is divided and not falling solely on one or two people- but that's cool- thanks!

Conscious Love

Aug 23, 2015, 11:48:46 AM8/23/15
to Michele Doesnt matter, Zinsser Community Gardens, Bel...@mskcc.org
How about a chalkboard where we just write when it was last watered?

Bel...@mskcc.org

Aug 23, 2015, 11:57:33 AM8/23/15
to lightn...@gmail.com, mich...@aol.com, zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Renata. Now it'll rain and I won't have to water my plot-o-weeds!! Murphy's law

Sent from my iPhone

Ilena Ayala

Aug 23, 2015, 4:45:55 PM8/23/15
to Conscious Love, Michele Doesnt matter, Zinsser Community Gardens, Bel...@mskcc.org
If it  looks dry and you have time, water.  The reality is, you  can water that plot, and it can look bone dry a few hour later on a warm day, on the areas not mulched.  It' improving as  we work in  compost, but the more water, the merrier!  Thanks too all who are helping! -Ilena

mich...@aol.com

Aug 23, 2015, 5:59:38 PM8/23/15
to ilena...@gmail.com, lightn...@gmail.com, zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com, Bel...@mskcc.org
I've been watering about every other day.  Did NOT make it there today at all!  Thank you Ilena!

Conscious Love

Aug 23, 2015, 8:39:50 PM8/23/15
to Michele Doesnt matter, Ilena Ayala, Zinsser Community Gardens, Bel...@mskcc.org
We are awake for 5 days to a week. Then I will be very on top of it. I am SO appreciative of Ilena's and everyone else's work there. That class was (summer) and will be (the fall one) SUPER AMAZING. -Renata

Conscious Love

Aug 23, 2015, 8:41:31 PM8/23/15
to Michele Doesnt matter, Ilena Ayala, Zinsser Community Gardens, Bel...@mskcc.org
OML i wrote that we are "awake" for 5 days to a week. Maybe because I am not quite awake right now as I'm writing this :) Sorry!

Bel...@mskcc.org

Aug 24, 2015, 10:45:42 AM8/24/15
to lightn...@gmail.com, mich...@aol.com, ilena...@gmail.com, zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com
To all of those who have generously given their time and attention,
Thank you so much!! I've not been around recently. One can tell by the appearance of my plots. I've been taking care of a friend.  He is hanging on by a string and that must take precedence over my commitments.  I will not be available for the fall session. I apologize in advance.  Thank you all again.  Keep the circle of life going and growing!!
Gina

Sent from my iPhone

mich...@aol.com

Aug 25, 2015, 8:26:31 PM8/25/15
to lightn...@gmail.com, ilena...@gmail.com, zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com, Bel...@mskcc.org
I found an antenna in my building's trash that I used for tomatoes in kid garden.  Watered there (tough not in mine...) today.

Beth Shulman

Aug 25, 2015, 10:24:53 PM8/25/15
to mich...@aol.com, bel...@mskcc.org, zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com, ilena...@gmail.com, lightn...@gmail.com

Thanks for all the work you guys are doing. We were away, then John hurt his back and we are barely managing our own garden.
We look forward to a new crop of kids this Fall!
Beth and John

Conscious Love

Sep 3, 2015, 1:55:29 PM9/3/15
to Beth Shulman, Michele Doesnt matter, bel...@mskcc.org, Zinsser Community Gardens, Ilena Ayala
Watered children's garden today. It needed a lot of water. Question: there were two watering pots, now there's just one. I left one of mine because two are necessary. Should I buy another or do we own two and the missing one has just been borrowed/misplaced? Thanks. Renata

Ilena Ayala

Sep 3, 2015, 9:02:45 PM9/3/15
to Conscious Love, Beth Shulman, Michele Doesnt matter, bel...@mskcc.org, Zinsser Community Gardens
There's normally just one.  I left one of mine in there a week or so ago, but took it back out later.   That may be the one you saw.
-Ilena

Conscious Love

Sep 3, 2015, 10:40:47 PM9/3/15
to Ilena Ayala, Beth Shulman, Michele Doesnt matter, bel...@mskcc.org, Zinsser Community Gardens
Okay I will donate ours then, because I had to go back and forth like six times with two of them in this heat- imagine if I had gone 12 times with one :) Great garden, by the way, very impressive/obviously experienced gardener(s).

Conscious Love

Sep 3, 2015, 10:43:58 PM9/3/15
to Ilena Ayala, Beth Shulman, Michele Doesnt matter, bel...@mskcc.org, Zinsser Community Gardens
Also, sorry, can someone tell me if/when there is a mandatory meeting for plot holders, coming up? I don't seem to have the email. Or did I dream there was a meeting? This is the busiest time ever in my life (all good things, mostly all great, but it's just so hard to try to be faster than time.

Beth Shulman

Sep 3, 2015, 11:22:42 PM9/3/15
to Conscious Love, Ilena Ayala, Michele Doesnt matter, bel...@mskcc.org, Zinsser Community Gardens
The garden meeting is Thursday, Sept. 17 at 7pm.

Vicki Travis

Sep 9, 2015, 5:58:16 PM9/9/15
to Beth Shulman, Conscious Love, Ilena Ayala, Michele Doesnt matter, bel...@mskcc.org, Zinsser Community Gardens
I heard about a meeting, but can't find an email about it. I'm out of town till the 20th, so if someone could post the main points, that would be great.
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Bel...@mskcc.org

Sep 10, 2015, 12:18:27 PM9/10/15
to vtra...@gmail.com, bpsh...@gmail.com, lightn...@gmail.com, ilena...@gmail.com, mich...@aol.com, zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com

Am I hallucinating or did I feel something wet hit my face this morning???

Still staying in the city with my friend although I’d rather be digging in the dirt!

Miss you guys