kernel panic on creating symlinks

Ritesh

Dec 22, 2013, 1:08:04 PM12/22/13
to zfs-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've been using maczfs as my main data store on two different machines for quite some time now. However, ever since updating to Mavericks, I've started seeing kernel panics when trying to create symlinks on a ZFS dataset (symlinks get created fine on other HFS volumes). I'm using MacZFS-74.3.2b.pkg on both machines. Unfortunately, I don't have any debug info to report. When the KP happens, the only thing I see on the screen is something like 'BSD process: ln'. There are no .panic files under /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ either.

If someone can tell me how, I can build from source with debugging information turned on. As you can imagine, not being able to create symlinks is a serious impediment.

Thanks,
Ritesh

Bjoern Kahl

Dec 22, 2013, 5:32:46 PM12/22/13