MacZFS-74.3.1 - Experimental Mavericks Installer

Paul Soares

Nov 9, 2013, 3:00:02 PM11/9/13
to zfs-...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone actually tried using ZFS with Mavericks?

I've tried using MacZFS on two machines running Mavericks. Both halt/crash as soon as I started writing and substantial IO to the ZFS volume. Both volumes were created with MacZFS-74.3.1.

thanks

Bjoern Kahl

Nov 9, 2013, 3:20:56 PM11/9/13
to zfs-...@googlegroups.com

Robb Allan

Nov 10, 2013, 6:46:27 PM11/10/13
to zfs-...@googlegroups.com
I was unable to create a pool under Mavericks (I/O errors to the drives involved, which otherwise created a pool using ZFS in OSX and volumes in HFS).

ilov...@icloud.com

Nov 18, 2013, 1:04:17 PM11/18/13
to zfs-...@googlegroups.com
When you say "unable to create a pool," what procedure are you following?

Travis Pavek

Dec 9, 2013, 12:37:47 PM12/9/13
to zfs-...@googlegroups.com
Trying updating.  I am using 74.3.2b and haven't had any panics with my raid10.

Dustin

Dec 11, 2013, 10:22:26 PM12/11/13
to zfs-...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, November 9, 2013 12:00:02 PM UTC-8, Paul Soares wrote:
Has anyone actually tried using ZFS with Mavericks?

I've tried using MacZFS on two machines running Mavericks. Both halt/crash as soon as I started writing and substantial IO to the ZFS volume. Both volumes were created with MacZFS-74.3.1.

  I finally upgraded my box at home.  It's been a bit rough.  I've had two of these so far today:

  It's not really obvious to me what's happening, but it's a bit unpleasant.

  (also, the box doesn't automatically re-import the pool on boot, so it's just kind of broken until I can login to it)