Does it work with Python 3?

bkc...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2014, 11:31:05 AM4/30/14
to zer...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am still considering using ZeroRPC in future projects, especially if I can get tracing to work.

After attending Pycon I now wonder if ZeroRPC works with Python 3 now, or could be made to work with it in the future, possibly using the new async  support.

I couldn't find any mention of python 3 support in the tracker, on pypi or in this list.

thanks

Michael Grinich

Apr 30, 2014, 2:52:14 PM4/30/14
to zer...@googlegroups.com
ZeroRPC uses Gevent, which doesn't (yet) support Python 3.

There might be other dependencies, but that's the largest one I know of/

Darin Gordon

Jul 3, 2015, 5:44:23 AM7/3/15
to zer...@googlegroups.com
I'm reviving this discussion.  The latest GEvent alpha, just released, now supports python3.

DG

François-Xavier Bourlet

Jul 3, 2015, 11:28:29 PM7/3/15
to zer...@googlegroups.com
That's a pretty good news!

Darin Gordon

Aug 21, 2015, 7:21:35 AM8/21/15
to zerorpc
Hey François

Other than gevent support, Is there any other dependency that prevents zerorpc support for python 3?