New owner/maintainer & http://github.com/0rpc

François-Xavier Bourlet

May 18, 2015, 9:51:03 PM5/18/15
to zer...@googlegroups.com
Good neeeeews everyone. I am now the new maintainer and owner of zerorpc. Expect to see some updates on the upcoming weeks as rI eview existing pull requests, issues and so on and update packages on NPM and PyPI.

The repositories are now hosted at github.com/0rpc.
And the landing page at http://www.zerorpc.io

I am open to any suggestions, feel free to discuss here.

Happy hacking!

梁山

May 19, 2015, 2:05:45 AM5/19/15
to zer...@googlegroups.com
Great, we need to upgrade the pyzmq's version, add new language bindings, a lot of things need improve.

Happy to hear that!

Stuart Wan

Aug 4, 2015, 10:46:20 PM8/4/15
to zerorpc
Hello François-Xavier,

Our team has built a ZeroRPC PHP Client and we would like to open source it: https://github.com/j-5/zerorpc-php

We would be really happy to contribute this repo to 0rpc org on Github. (we can transfer the ownership of the repo to you or 0rpc org)

Please have a review on the repo and let us know your thoughts.

Thanks!

François-Xavier Bourlet

Aug 5, 2015, 2:13:07 AM8/5/15
to zerorpc
Hi Stuart,

That is great news! Just a little nitpick, I prefer "zerorpc" in lowercase. Also, I did not see a LostRemote exception, maybe I've missed the equivalent?

I would love to take ownership of your repo in the 0rpc org. Obviously you would become admin of 0rpc/zerorpc-php.

I will look into adding php examples to the http://www.zerorpc.io/ doc :)

Best,
fx

Stuart Wan

Aug 5, 2015, 2:57:26 AM8/5/15
to zerorpc
Great!!

How would you like to handle the transfer? It seems I cannot transfer the repo to you or 0rpc from my org directly.

Either you can create a team for me in 0rpc with admin privileges with no repositories in it, or I can transfer the repo to my personal account then to your personal account.

About LostRemote exception, do you mean the TimeoutException? https://github.com/j-5/zerorpc-php/blob/master/src/Exception.php#L10

Best,
Stuart

François-Xavier Bourlet

Aug 5, 2015, 3:57:21 AM8/5/15
to zer...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 11:57 PM Stuart Wan <stua...@gmail.com> wrote:
Great!!

How would you like to handle the transfer? It seems I cannot transfer the repo to you or 0rpc from my org directly.

Either you can create a team for me in 0rpc with admin privileges with no repositories in it, or I can transfer the repo to my personal account then to your personal account.
Done in private. Its all good now :) welcome to zerorpc-php!

About LostRemote exception, do you mean the TimeoutException? https://github.com/j-5/zerorpc-php/blob/master/src/Exception.php#L10

TimeoutException is for the client when the server takes too long to reply. LostRemote is for either the client and the server after 2 heartbeats missed. In this case, we assume the connection is not working anymore.

梁山

Aug 5, 2015, 4:19:26 AM8/5/15
to zerorpc
Hi all,

I'm the main author of this client, as we used this for developing a website which means every request should finish within 1s, so i disabled heartbeat by default.
I think that's why didn't implement LostRemoteException.

在 2015年8月5日星期三 UTC+8下午3:57:21,François-Xavier Bourlet写道:

François-Xavier Bourlet

Aug 5, 2015, 4:20:48 AM8/5/15
to zerorpc
ok, fair enough :) You might want to add a little note about that in the readme :)

ge jin

May 25, 2016, 3:02:22 AM5/25/16
to zerorpc
Hope new version of zerorpc would comming soon!

在 2015年5月19日星期二 UTC+8上午9:51:03,François-Xavier Bourlet写道:

François-Xavier Bourlet

Jun 5, 2016, 6:54:23 PM6/5/16
to zerorpc

Python3 compatible version should come out soon :) feel free to test the branch python3.4 on github.com/0rpc/zerorpc-python !