[Help] recitation won't start

Herry Wibowo

Aug 25, 2010, 12:51:58 AM8/25/10
to zekr
Assalamualaikum..
I first know this software from the forum, and tried to download for
windows version. And it is GREAT. It has many features. May all of you
( the development team, translation, moderators :D, and any others )
blessed by Allah Swt. And may your work be considered as amal jareeya
for all of you amiieen.

But i have a little problem here..
When i tried the linux version, the program run fine. But when i start
to play, nothing happened. I got error message like this.. :

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Master Gain not supported
at
org.classpath.icedtea.pulseaudio.PulseAudioLine.getControl(PulseAudioLine.java:
89)
at
org.classpath.icedtea.pulseaudio.PulseAudioSourceDataLine.getControl(PulseAudioSourceDataLine.java:
51)
at javazoom.jlgui.basicplayer.BasicPlayer.openLine(Unknown Source)
at javazoom.jlgui.basicplayer.BasicPlayer.initLine(Unknown Source)
at javazoom.jlgui.basicplayer.BasicPlayer.startPlayback(Unknown
Source)
at javazoom.jlgui.basicplayer.BasicPlayer.play(Unknown Source)
at
net.sf.zekr.engine.audio.DefaultPlayerController.play(DefaultPlayerController.java:
159)
at
net.sf.zekr.ui.AudioPlayerUiController.playerTogglePlayPause(AudioPlayerUiController.java:
211)
at net.sf.zekr.engine.audio.ui.AudioPlayerForm
$8.widgetSelected(AudioPlayerForm.java:455)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.zekr.ui.BaseForm.loopEver(BaseForm.java:34)
at net.sf.zekr.ZekrMain.startZekr(ZekrMain.java:63)
at net.sf.zekr.ZekrMain.main(ZekrMain.java:91)

Could someone here know what's the problem??
Any help would be very appreciated.
Thanks.

Wassalamualaikum Wr. Wb.

Mohsen Saboorian

Aug 25, 2010, 8:50:08 AM8/25/10
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Wa Alaikumassalam,

Did you install Zekr from instructions here?
http://zekr.org/wiki/Installation#Installing_Zekr

Mohsen

Herry Wibowo

Aug 25, 2010, 9:38:34 AM8/25/10
to zekr

On Aug 25, 8:50 pm, Mohsen Saboorian <mohs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wa Alaikumassalam,
>
> Did you install Zekr from instructions here?http://zekr.org/wiki/Installation#Installing_Zekr
>
> Mohsen

Well, actually i run it from the tarball :D , and run the given script
via the console.
Now i should start with the new installation method.
Thank you for pointing out the link.

Wassalamualaikum Wr. Wb.

Herry W.

Mohsen Saboorian

Aug 25, 2010, 5:00:14 PM8/25/10
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Tarball has some benefits, as it doesn't have bug with scrolling to selected aya. However, our recitation support in Linux has some bugs, using OpenJDK or Sun-JRE:

With Sun, it may play without hanging or issues like "master gain not supported", but in this case, no other application should try to play something with sound adapter.

Regards,
Mohsen

Fx Herry Wibowo

Aug 25, 2010, 10:14:11 PM8/25/10
to ze...@googlegroups.com
I follow your suggestion and used PPA repository to install. ( im using ubuntu 10.04 ). Luckily i can play the recitation. I already install sun jdk and i have similar issue like in here. and suddenly it hanging there for minutes. I should kill it inorder to close the program.
maybe i should go back to windows just to play the program :D , though i like the spirit of opensource in the contrary :D.

Wassalamualaikum wr. wb.

Regards,
Herry W.

mochamad effendi

Aug 26, 2010, 7:09:22 AM8/26/10
to ze...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 9:14 AM, Fx Herry Wibowo
<aji.putr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I follow your suggestion and used PPA repository to install. ( im using
> ubuntu 10.04 ). Luckily i can play the recitation. I already install sun jdk
> and i have similar issue like in here. and suddenly it hanging there for
> minutes. I should kill it inorder to close the program.
> maybe i should go back to windows just to play the program :D , though i
> like the spirit of opensource in the contrary :D.
> Wassalamualaikum wr. wb.
> Regards,
> Herry W.

Assalamu'alaikum,
I had similar problem in Ubuntu 10.04 and I decided to temporarily go
back to the most stable version I ever knew, Zekr 0.7.1.

Effendi

Fx Herry Wibowo

Aug 26, 2010, 6:20:56 PM8/26/10
to ze...@googlegroups.com

Assalamu'alaikum,
I had similar problem in Ubuntu 10.04 and I decided to temporarily go
back to the most stable version I ever knew, Zekr 0.7.1.

Effendi

--

I thought the latest version is the stable one :D
Maybe i should try version 0.7.1

Jazakumullah khoiron katsiraa

Herry W.

Fx Herry Wibowo

Aug 26, 2010, 6:34:13 PM8/26/10
to ze...@googlegroups.com
hmm.... still the same error...
anyone please???

Regards,

Herry W.

Mohsen Saboorian

Aug 27, 2010, 9:53:29 AM8/27/10
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Salaam,

OK, I was able to find a workaround for some sound issues. If this issue is fixed, I can write a complete installation guide on Linux to workaround any known issue.

1. You should set your Java to Sun JRE (OpenJDK's audio support is too limited). This can be set globally using these instructions, or locally, by setting the following line in ~/.zekr/zekrrc-debian:
ZEKR_JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun

If you do step one, you won't see any problem like:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Master Gain not supported

2. After switching to Sun JRE, hanging problems or master gain problems will resolve. But as Java audio tries to get exclusive access to sound adapter, no other application can use sound adapter when Zekr is open. Otherwise you will see exceptions like this:
net.sf.zekr.engine.audio.PlayerException: javazoom.jlgui.basicplayer.BasicPlayerException: Cannot init line
Caused by: javax.sound.sampled.LineUnavailableException: Audio Device Unavailable

In order to workaround above issue, you should force Zekr (and Java) to use OSS interface (Open Sound System) and this can be achieved by wrapping Zekr with padsp. So open a console and write the following command to launch Zekr:
$ padsp zekr

This should resolve any sound-related issue for Zekr. Please let me know if you still have problems with audio on Linux.

Regards,
Mohsen

Herry W.

Fx Herry Wibowo

Aug 28, 2010, 11:14:19 AM8/28/10
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Assalamuaikum,

I forget to mention that i'm using linuxmint 9 right now. ( i assume it is based from ubuntu 10.04, right?? ). So, when set java to sun java locally in ~/.zekr/zekrrc-debian, still got error messages while i adjust the volume in zekr. Then i set it globally, i got these messages :

"
carissa@nova ~ $ sudo update-java-alternatives --set java-6-sun

update-alternatives: error: no alternatives for appletviewer.
update-alternatives: error: no alternatives for apt.
update-alternatives: error: no alternatives for extcheck.
update-alternatives: error: no alternatives for HtmlConverter.
update-alternatives: error: no alternatives for idlj.
update-alternatives: error: no alternatives for jar.
update-alternatives: error: no alternatives for jarsigner.
update-alternatives: error: no alternatives for javac.
update-alternatives: error: no alternatives for javadoc.
update-alternatives: error: no alternatives for javah.
update-alternatives: error: no alternatives for javap.
update-alternatives: error: no alternatives for java-rmi.cgi.
update-alternatives: error: no alternatives for jconsole.
update-alternatives: error: no alternatives for jdb.
update-alternatives: error: no alternatives for jhat.
update-alternatives: error: no alternatives for jinfo.
update-alternatives: error: no alternatives for jmap.
update-alternatives: error: no alternatives for jps.
"

After thinking a while, i fired up package manager and start looking for something that contain sun and java. I found a package called sun-java6-jdk, so i install it. I invoke command "sudo update-java-alternatives --set java-6-sun" again. The result is all error messages above is gone except this :

"
update-alternatives: error: no alternatives for xulrunner-1.9-javaplugin.so.
update-alternatives: error: alternative /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/lib/i386/libnpjp2.so for mozilla-javaplugin.so not registered, not setting.
update-alternatives: error: no alternatives for xulrunner-1.9-javaplugin.so.
"

I assume that was error messages for mozilla plugin or something. So, i ignored it.
Done your step 1, so i fired up zekr again, tried to adjust its volume and these buggy error messages still showed up :(

"
net.sf.zekr.engine.audio.PlayerException: javazoom.jlgui.basicplayer.BasicPlayerException: Gain control not supported
at net.sf.zekr.engine.audio.DefaultPlayerController.setGain(DefaultPlayerController.java:187)
at net.sf.zekr.engine.audio.DefaultPlayerController.setVolume(DefaultPlayerController.java:243)
at net.sf.zekr.engine.audio.ui.AudioPlayerForm$14.mouseUp(AudioPlayerForm.java:553)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:213)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1258)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3552)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3171)
at net.sf.zekr.ui.BaseForm.loopEver(BaseForm.java:34)
at net.sf.zekr.ZekrMain.startZekr(ZekrMain.java:63)
at net.sf.zekr.ZekrMain.main(ZekrMain.java:91)
Caused by: javazoom.jlgui.basicplayer.BasicPlayerException: Gain control not supported
at javazoom.jlgui.basicplayer.BasicPlayer.setGain(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.zekr.engine.audio.DefaultPlayerController.setGain(DefaultPlayerController.java:185)
... 10 more
"

I stopped at step 1.

Jazakumullah khairan katsiro..

Herry W.

Mohsen Saboorian

Aug 29, 2010, 1:47:51 PM8/29/10
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Wa Alaikumassalaam,

I think you are still on OpenJDK. Could you please send me your
~/.zekr/zekr.log.

BTW did you install from our PPA repository?

Mohsen

>>> zekr+uns...@googlegroups.com <zekr%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

>>> For more options, visit this group at
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/zekr?hl=en.
>>>

>> --

>> zekr+uns...@googlegroups.com <zekr%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

Fx Herry Wibowo

Aug 29, 2010, 4:20:07 PM8/29/10
to ze...@googlegroups.com
I did a sneak peek to zekr.log, and i think i still use openJDK. :( . I don't know where failure is. I already invoke command "sudo update-java-alternatives --set java-6-sun" which is goal is to set java to use sun java 6. Btw, i attached zekr.log, and yes i installed it from the ppa repository.
Thank you.

Wassalamualaikum wr. wb.

Herry W.

Fx Herry Wibowo