Xulrunner path not found in my Arch-(linux)

AnaSalafee

Dec 22, 2011, 4:32:42 PM12/22/11
to zekr
As Salamu Alaikum,

org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles [Could not detect registered
XULRunner to use]
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Mozilla.create(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Browser.<init>(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.zekr.ui.QuranForm.makeFrame(QuranForm.java:475)
at net.sf.zekr.ui.QuranForm.init(QuranForm.java:300)
at net.sf.zekr.ui.QuranForm.<init>(QuranForm.java:278)
at net.sf.zekr.ZekrMain.startZekr(ZekrMain.java:51)
at net.sf.zekr.ZekrMain.main(ZekrMain.java:91)
when opening zekr installed from AUR,

my zekr.sh:

http://pastie.org/3059356

java -version
java version "1.6.0_22"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.10.4)
(ArchLinux-6.b22_1.10.4-1-x86_64)

pacman -Q xulrunner
xulrunner 9.0-1

found in

/usr/lib/xulrunner-9.0

how can I set xulrunner path?

Mohsen Saboorian

Dec 22, 2011, 11:49:00 PM12/22/11
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Wa Alaikumassalaam wr,

Set the following option in ~/.zekr/config/config.properties and try again:
options.browser.useMozilla = false

Regards,
Mohsen

AnaSalafee

Dec 23, 2011, 5:40:49 PM12/23/11
to zekr
Changed, (was true, changed to false)
now shows this:

org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: XPCOM error -1041039104
at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Mozilla.error(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Mozilla.initFactories(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Mozilla.create(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Browser.<init>(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.zekr.ui.QuranForm.makeFrame(QuranForm.java:475)
at net.sf.zekr.ui.QuranForm.init(QuranForm.java:300)
at net.sf.zekr.ui.QuranForm.<init>(QuranForm.java:278)
at net.sf.zekr.ZekrMain.startZekr(ZekrMain.java:51)
at net.sf.zekr.ZekrMain.main(ZekrMain.java:91)

$cat .zekr/config/config.properties | grep -i mozilla
options.browser.useMozilla = false

Ali Rastegar

Dec 24, 2011, 5:28:34 AM12/24/11
to ze...@googlegroups.com
I guess this problem is caused by incompatibility with new firefox/xulrunner.

First change "options.browser.useMozilla = false" back to true. You have two options:
- Downgrade to xulrunner 1.9
- Upgrade swt.jar supplied with Zekr. You can download its latest version from here:
(that link is for the x86_64 version)

Replace swt.jar in zekr/lib with the newer version you just downloaded.
Zekr should work now.

Regards,
Ali

AnaSalafee

Dec 26, 2011, 4:55:05 PM12/26/11
to zekr
Cannot downgrade, required by allot of app's like thunderbird firefox
etc..
Maybe a new version of zekr would be released meting the new
requirements?

On Dec 24, 11:28 am, Ali Rastegar <raste...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess this problem is caused by incompatibility with new
> firefox/xulrunner.
>
> First change "options.browser.useMozilla = false" back to true. You have
> two options:
> - Downgrade to xulrunner 1.9
> - Upgrade swt.jar supplied with Zekr. You can download its latest version
> from here:http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/eclipse/downloads...

Ali Rastegar

Dec 27, 2011, 7:01:47 AM12/27/11
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Downgrading xulrunner is one of the options. The other option is updating SWT as I described. New versions of SWT are compatible with the new xulrunner.
Regards,
Ali

AnaSalafee

Jan 1, 2012, 1:13:56 AM1/1/12
to zekr
Barak Allahu fik, upgrading swt.jar under /usr/share/java/zekr/lib/
swt.jar did the trick

Ali Rastegar

Jan 2, 2012, 3:45:21 AM1/2/12
to ze...@googlegroups.com