New Zefty coming in 2012

Zefty

Dec 18, 2011, 11:37:12 PM12/18/11
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Zefty Users,
First, I want to thank all 7,000 users of Zefty for their support and feedback. I admit I haven't been as active in developing Zefty as I would like. It's a labor of love, but unfortunately doesn't pay the bills, and therefore has taken a backseat.

However, I do wish to build some momentum, and have actively started developing a new and improved Zefty. I will post more as things develop, but look for a beta test to start in January, and a full migration to the new Zefty once all the kinks are worked out.

In about a week, you will see my plans for what's coming in Zefty and I would very much appreciate your feedback. So start thinking about what would make this a great tool for you to teach your children fiscal responsibility.

Thanks everyone!

Brandon - the Zefty Guy

Zefty

Dec 27, 2011, 1:07:09 PM12/27/11
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Here are the TENTATIVE Updates being proposed for the new version of Zefty:
  • Updated interface
  • Kids can have multiple accounts (i.e., "Spend", "Save", "Donate")
  • Ability to transfer funds between accounts (both personal accounts AND family accounts)
  • Interest Accrual every week or month
  • Parents can pick which day the auto-deposit of the allowance occurs
  • Chore-based earnings instead of a traditional Allowance
Did I miss anything?

mde...@roadrunner.com

Apr 1, 2012, 1:59:22 PM4/1/12
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Could you PLEASE add on regularly scheduled withdrawals?  For example:  my kids have online subscriptions to different online sites (Club Penguin, Moshi monsters, Roblox, Runescape) that they "pay" for with their allowance.  It would be SO WONDERFUL if we can have regularly scheduled withdrawals.
Thanks!!!
Message has been deleted

Liz Palmer

Jun 12, 2012, 8:40:13 PM6/12/12
to ze...@googlegroups.com
This updates are perfect - especially the interest accrual. We just read about this site and joined. Thank you! We are excited about saving!

Katie D

Aug 21, 2012, 12:55:36 AM8/21/12
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good, can we have an option of selecting how we view accounts (I use mine in the classroom so have a lot!) for example alphabetically :)
Thanks

Lizzette Sanchez

Jun 16, 2014, 3:06:31 PM6/16/14
to ze...@googlegroups.com
HI Brandon,

We've been using Zefty for many years, we don't know what's happening but my daughters are worried because they made all their finances there. They can't start all over again, they need to know how much money they have. This blog is from 2012, i didn't find anything recent. Please let us know in Facebbook or email….

Lizzette Sanchez