ZAP-Handshake Failure Problem

priyala...@globalsoft-solutions.com

Feb 7, 2017, 3:46:37 AM2/7/17
to OWASP ZAP User Group
We are planning to submit our App for Salesforce Security Review,
for which we have to Scan our web service endpoint  URL that we are
using to integrate with SAP.

Our URL uses two way SSL with Authentication based on User Name and Password

When trying to scan the URL in URL to Attack Field,it results in Handshake Failure

We have even imported our ZAP Certificate in SAP trusted list.Still getting the same problem. Please help us to resolve this issue.

The following Exceptions is being caught.Need help..

ZAP Error [javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException]: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure Stack Trace: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:192) at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:154) at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.recvAlert(SSLSocketImpl.java:2023) at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:1125) at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1375) at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1403) at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1387) at org.parosproxy.paros.network.SSLConnector.createSocket(Unknown Source) at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.open(Unknown Source) at org.apache.commons.httpclient.MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager$HttpConnectionAdapter.open(MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.java:1361) at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(Unknown Source) at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(Unknown Source) at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:397) at org.parosproxy.paros.network.HttpSender.executeMethod(Unknown Source) at org.parosproxy.paros.network.HttpSender.runMethod(Unknown Source) at org.parosproxy.paros.network.HttpSender.send(Unknown Source) at org.parosproxy.paros.network.HttpSender.sendAuthenticated(Unknown Source) at org.parosproxy.paros.network.HttpSender.sendAndReceive(Unknown Source) at org.parosproxy.paros.network.HttpSender.sendAndReceive(Unknown Source) at org.parosproxy.paros.core.proxy.ProxyThread.processHttp(Unknown Source) at org.parosproxy.paros.core.proxy.ProxyThread.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

kingthorin+owaspzap

Feb 7, 2017, 10:12:25 AM2/7/17
to OWASP ZAP User Group

priyala...@globalsoft-solutions.com

Feb 7, 2017, 10:18:44 AM2/7/17
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Thanks@Kingthorin,

We followed the link, still we face the issue

We tried Enabling Unsafe SSL, Downgraded the java version to 7, installed JCE files and restarted ZAP.

Still it did not resolve..Is there any other solution for this?