Should I need to install ZAP using global configuration if I have installed it in local machine again

Prakhash Sivakumar

May 19, 2016, 12:36:00 AM5/19/16
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hi all,
I have already installed Zap in my machine and assigned ZAPROXY_HOME  as /home/prakhash/Sec/ZAP_2.4.3

inside the startup assigned
ZAProxy home as ZAPROXY_HOME

and Zaproxy default directory as /home/prakhash/.ZAP

I have installed the Zaproxy plugin as well, but when I try to execute the jenkins it is throwing me the following error

Perform ZAProxy
ERROR: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: zapProgram is missing
	at fr.novia.zaproxyplugin.ZAProxy.checkParams(ZAProxy.java:805)
	at fr.novia.zaproxyplugin.ZAProxy.startZAP(ZAProxy.java:861)
	at fr.novia.zaproxyplugin.ZAProxyBuilder.perform(ZAProxyBuilder.java:189)
	at hudson.tasks.BuildStepMonitor$1.perform(BuildStepMonitor.java:20)
	at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.perform(AbstractBuild.java:779)
	at hudson.model.Build$BuildExecution.build(Build.java:205)
	at hudson.model.Build$BuildExecution.doRun(Build.java:162)
	at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.run(AbstractBuild.java:534)
	at hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1741)
	at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:43)
	at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:98)
	at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:410)

Build step 'Execute ZAProxy' marked build as failure
Finished: FAILURE

should I need to install ZAP using global configuration for this ?

thanks

thc...@gmail.com

May 19, 2016, 5:32:32 AM5/19/16
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

The configuration looks right.

Where did you define the env variable ZAPROXY_HOME?

Best regards.

Prakhash Sivakumar

May 20, 2016, 4:58:45 AM5/20/16
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hi,
I think I have wrongly added the ZAPROXY_HOME when I installed it from git, it worked me

thanks

thc...@gmail.com

May 20, 2016, 10:20:24 AM5/20/16
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
OK, thanks for letting us know.

Best regards.
> > <mailto:zaproxy-devel...@googlegroups.com>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

Jeyakumar S

Jul 11, 2016, 7:17:30 AM7/11/16
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hi Prakhash,

Hope you are well, i'm also getting the same issue. i have download and installed from the below URL on Windows.

Also i added ZAPROXY_HOME env variabled. but its not working

Could please tell me how you installed from git.

Thanks,
Jayakumar

Jeyakumar S

Jul 11, 2016, 7:38:02 AM7/11/16
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hi thc202,

Please help me the above question and i have attached my configuration screen shot with env variable set on my system

Thanks in Advance,
Jayakumar

>     <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

Prakhash Sivakumar

Jul 11, 2016, 9:28:15 AM7/11/16
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hi Jeyakumar,
you have to configure that under Manage jenkins -> Global tool Configuration → Custom tool → Custom tool installations

Please refer the section 2 in my blog post in [1] if you are still not clear

cheers

Jeyakumar S

Jul 13, 2016, 5:24:19 AM7/13/16
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group