ZAP is not detecting any Alerts when used from source

Prakhash Sivakumar

Jul 6, 2016, 2:36:17 AM7/6/16
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hi all,

I'm working on developing a customized ZAP add on, I have cloned codes from [1] and [2].

When I used the file [3] to start the ZAP and tried to find out the alerts, it doesn't show me any alerts but, it is capturing requests. Other than the History tab, there are no any messages below all other tabs but, I'm able to observe the below exception in the output tab. What might be the issue here?

Do I need to do any additional configuration here?

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.zaproxy.zap.extension.zest.dialogs.ZestDialogManager.initialize(Unknown Source)
at org.zaproxy.zap.extension.zest.dialogs.ZestDialogManager.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.zaproxy.zap.extension.zest.ExtensionZest.hook(Unknown Source)
at org.parosproxy.paros.extension.ExtensionLoader.hookAllExtension(ExtensionLoader.java:725)
at org.parosproxy.paros.extension.ExtensionLoader.startLifeCycle(ExtensionLoader.java:629)
at org.parosproxy.paros.control.AbstractControl.loadExtension(AbstractControl.java:57)
at org.parosproxy.paros.control.Control.init(Control.java:117)
at org.parosproxy.paros.control.Control.initSingletonWithView(Control.java:291)
at org.zaproxy.zap.GuiBootstrap.initControlAndPostViewInit(GuiBootstrap.java:226)
at org.zaproxy.zap.GuiBootstrap.access$100(GuiBootstrap.java:70)
at org.zaproxy.zap.GuiBootstrap$2.run(GuiBootstrap.java:170)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Thanks
Regards
Prakhash

thc...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2016, 6:37:21 AM7/6/16
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

Do you have any of the passive (and active?) scanner add-ons installed? [1]
That's the first thing to check, the zaproxy repository no longer
includes any add-on so they must be built and deployed (from
zap-extensions project) or installed from the marketplace.
(Note that when running from "source" it uses other home directory, the
same as the weekly [2], which might not have any add-on already installed.)

An issue has been raised for that exception, if it's the same I was able
to reproduce it happens because the Script Console add-on is not
installed (or its extension enabled). [3]

[1] https://github.com/zaproxy/zap-core-help/wiki/HelpUiDialogsManageaddons
[2] https://github.com/zaproxy/zaproxy/wiki/FAQconfig
[3] https://github.com/zaproxy/zaproxy/issues/2656

Best regards.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/zaproxy-develop/8e4c9095-4130-4b26-8f25-cef1474ed10a%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/zaproxy-develop/8e4c9095-4130-4b26-8f25-cef1474ed10a%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Prakhash Sivakumar

Jul 6, 2016, 11:29:52 PM7/6/16
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hi,
That is working now, I'm getting the alerts.

Ya I haven't installed the Script Console add-on, that is why I'm getting this issue

Thanks

thc...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2016, 10:03:52 AM7/12/16
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com