Enterprise Archive Solution (EAS) - End of Support August 30, 2015

Dale d

Aug 19, 2013, 10:49:51 AM8/19/13
to zantaz-eas-a...@googlegroups.com, dale@wnj
The attached is a PDF from HP that finally lays out some of their plans to kill this product.   They say "End of Support" isn't for 2 more years but they seem to be very much ahead of schedule as they seem to have stopped supporting it long ago.   They also mention that customer with active support contracts can take advantage of this offer,  we haven't been able to purchase support for 18 months or so.

Fun times,  time to move away from HP as they don't take customer care very seriously.

Autonomy EAS End of Life.pdf

Jbutler

Aug 19, 2013, 11:08:54 AM8/19/13
to zantaz-eas-a...@googlegroups.com, dale@wnj
We said hell no to the price of ACA.  Are looking at using Transvault to restore our 20TB of stubs into Exchange archiving using a separate DAG for archive DBs.  Currently, we're on EAS 6.4.0.2 with Exchange 2010 SP2.

Martin (German)

Aug 19, 2013, 1:14:42 PM8/19/13
to zantaz-eas-a...@googlegroups.com, dale@wnj
Well - that was to be expected...

this is the reason why we spent more than two years to develope the ngArchive Solution what is an E-Mail Archiving Tool what can replace EAS without Migration of Content. It is able to continue using of the existing document stores and also supports the EAS Stubs

We supporting several EAS Customer Worldwide and most of them wasnt able to get Support or even new licenses for a Long period of time. Also, new Customers wasnt able to get EAS for more than 1,5 years. If new Customers ask AU / HP, they only sell ACA - so it was overdue from HP to give this official Statement.

Anyway - EAS was a very good product and it was - from my perspective - one of the most innovative and clever product until AU buy Zantaz. I Worked with EAS since Version 3 - so "farewell old friend..." *sniff*
ngArchive for EAS.pdf

Todd Booher

Aug 21, 2013, 7:03:05 PM8/21/13
to zantaz-eas-a...@googlegroups.com
It will be interesting to see if they follow thru with releasing 6.4.1 now that they have made that announcement.

Ronan Curran

Aug 21, 2013, 7:14:40 PM8/21/13
to zantaz-eas-a...@googlegroups.com
6.4.1 Has been released.

Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 16:03:05 -0700
Subject: Re: [Zantaz-EAS-Archive-Forum:2034] Re: Enterprise Archive Solution (EAS) - End of Support August 30, 2015
From: tbo...@gmail.com
To: zantaz-eas-a...@googlegroups.com

Rick Keefer

Aug 23, 2013, 11:21:29 AM8/23/13
to zantaz-eas-a...@googlegroups.com
I have several customers who have Active support for EAS.  Support continues for the next two years and the patch release for Exchange 2013 is due out in the next couple of weeks and is still on track for that release time line.

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Dale d <thump...@gmail.com> wrote:
The attached is a PDF from HP that finally lays out some of their plans to kill this product.   They say "End of Support" isn't for 2 more years but they seem to be very much ahead of schedule as they seem to have stopped supporting it long ago.   They also mention that customer with active support contracts can take advantage of this offer,  we haven't been able to purchase support for 18 months or so.

Fun times,  time to move away from HP as they don't take customer care very seriously.

s8802571

Aug 23, 2013, 5:20:59 PM8/23/13
to zantaz-eas-a...@googlegroups.com, dale@wnj
Hi,

Can someone put the release notes of version 6.4.1.

Thx.