Life is like handball!!!

1 view

Mercurio07

Apr 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/29/00
Dear Friends:

When I was a kid in the city (NYC), we
used to play a version of handball
against the cinderblock row of garages
behind the...uh..."tenements" we lived
in.

"ACE!!!", "KING", "QUEEN", etc. we'd
yell out in order to establish our order
of lineup at the wall. "Ace" served to
"King" who served to "Queen", etc.
It was a game of the quickest and
the most accurate--pretty brutal
actually.

But the REALLY interesting part came
when someone accidentally lobbed the
ball onto the one-story garage roof.--
Someone had to grab a hand-hold in
the stinkey end-of-the-garage GARBAGE
ROOM wall, hoist themselves up and
onto the roof INVARIABLY scraping the
crap out of oneself to retrieve those balls.
(The smell ALONE from that garbage room
could kill you!!!) If someone were kind
enough to give you a hand-boost up to
the handholds in the wall, it was understood
that that person would get a share of the
ball booty.

Now we were pretty young kids (ages 9-12)
and pretty tough, but if you got up on that
roof, it was SCAREY!!!!! Not having
the brains my mama and the good Lord
gave me, I'd always be the one to scramble
up there and--oh--what a view!!! More often
than not, I'd retrieve (or whoever made the
climb would retrive) not only the lost ball
but several others--sometimes 5 or 6--lost
up there by the chickenshits who were too
afraid to go up to get them.

That handball was good training for life. They
say, "No balls, no blue chips", but I can tell
you, "No black'n'blues, no balls". It was good
training for this message board also!!!

My parents moved my brother and I out of that
area when my 12-yr-old friend was knifed
behind the candy store up the block. They
figured it was time to go.

LOL!!! (Spare me your "poor" jokes, I'm doing
just fine!!!!)

Goodnight everyone.

Mercurio07 : )

MrBluSkyzz

Apr 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/29/00

Interesting story. I just can't relate to living in an environment like that. I
lived on a farm until I was seven, and then grew up in a smallish (30,000) city
in southern Minnesota. I can't even imagine having a friend stabbed at that
age. The absolute worst thing we had to worry about was being picked on by
neighborhood bullies, and even that was pretty mild. I still don't like large
cities, but that's where the work is, so here I am. I will never live in a city
larger than Mpls/St. Paul. I'd actually like to retire in Duluth, but the
winters there are enough to kill you.

MrBluSkyzz
"We Germans are not all smiles and sunshine!" (The Simpsons)

Pooky8996

Apr 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/29/00
>Dear Friends:
>
>When I was a kid in the city (NYC), we
>used to play a version of handball
>against the cinderblock row of garages
>behind the...uh..."tenements" we lived
>in.
>
>"ACE!!!", "KING", "QUEEN", etc. we'd
>yell out in order to establish our order
>of lineup at the wall. "Ace" served to
>"King" who served to "Queen", etc.
>It was a game of the quickest and
>the most accurate--pretty brutal
>actually.

********************
Sounds like what we called Wall Ball!

Wafna04

Apr 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/29/00

>>Dear Friends:
>>
>>When I was a kid in the city (NYC), we
>>used to play a version of handball
>>against the cinderblock row of garages
>>behind the...uh..."tenements" we lived
>>in.
>>
>>"ACE!!!", "KING", "QUEEN", etc. we'd
>>yell out in order to establish our order
>>of lineup at the wall. "Ace" served to
>>"King" who served to "Queen", etc.
>>It was a game of the quickest and
>>the most accurate--pretty brutal
>>actually.
>>
>==========
I grew up in DC and the knifings and such are nothing new.
I don't know about retiring in Minnesota.
the only thing that I know about that state is that Sinclair Lewis wrote a
bunch of books about it.

MrBluSkyzz

Apr 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/30/00
>I grew up in DC and the knifings and such are nothing new.
>I don't know about retiring in Minnesota.
>the only thing that I know about that state is that Sinclair Lewis wrote a
>bunch of books about it.

Oh, it's beautiful, Cherry. You really should visit sometime.

LaurieASW

May 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/1/00
I'd actually like to retire in Duluth, but the
winters there are enough to kill you.>> MrBluSkyzz

Blu, I've visited Duluth a couple times. Wow, what a beautiful place. That
bridge over the lake is breathtaking!
But yeah, it's really freakin' cold there.
Laurie

MsAAyianna

May 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/1/00
>But yeah, it's really freakin' cold there.
>Laurie

Laurie! Doesn't the cold bother you here? Uggh..that wind..it's a killer. I
need a condo in AZ or New Mex. The only complaint I have about Chicago is the
weather. The people are great, the town is fun, and it's a nice central
location.

Can you SPOT THE LOONY?

LaurieASW

May 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/1/00
Laurie! Doesn't the cold bother you here? Uggh..that wind..it's a killer. I
need a condo in AZ or New Mex. The only complaint I have about Chicago is the
weather. The people are great, the town is fun, and it's a nice central
location.>>MsA

Hell yes, the cold here bothers me but I understand it's even *worse* in
Duluth. <shudder>
I've found a Caribbean vacation in January or Feburary helps a lot.
Laurie

MrBluSkyzz

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
>I'd actually like to retire in Duluth, but the
>winters there are enough to kill you.>> MrBluSkyzz
>
>Blu, I've visited Duluth a couple times. Wow, what a beautiful place. That
>bridge over the lake is breathtaking!
>But yeah, it's really freakin' cold there.
>Laurie

It really is a beautiful city. I suppose you come in through Superior? Next
time you go, you must see Jay Cooke State Park (it has a suspension bridge over
the St. Louis river - if you stand in the middle and stare up river, you get
the eerie sensation that the bridge is flying over the water), Gooseberry
Falls, and Split Rock Lighthouse, if you haven't seen them before. All are
within an hour of Duluth. Also, check out the Pickwick. Best restaurant in
town.

MsAAyianna

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
>Hell yes, the cold here bothers me but I understand it's even *worse* in
>Duluth. <shudder>
>I've found a Caribbean vacation in January or Feburary helps a lot.
>Laurie

This reminds me of the one thing I'd like to do in my life: Just stop
everything I'm doing and travel around the world for a year.

LaurieASW

May 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/3/00
It really is a beautiful city. I suppose you come in through Superior? Next
time you go, you must see Jay Cooke State Park (it has a suspension bridge over
the St. Louis river - if you stand in the middle and stare up river, you get
the eerie sensation that the bridge is flying over the water), Gooseberry
Falls, and Split Rock Lighthouse, if you haven't seen them before. All are
within an hour of Duluth. Also, check out the Pickwick. Best restaurant in
town. >>MrBluSkyzz

Thanks for the suggestions. The PickWick sounds *very* familiar.
I'm not sure I'll return to Duluth anytime soon. I made my previous trips to
visit a friend who temporarily resided there after some IRS problems, if you
know what I mean.
Laurie

LaurieASW

May 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/3/00
This reminds me of the one thing I'd like to do in my life: Just stop
everything I'm doing and travel around the world for a year.>>MsA

That would be an amazing adventure. I hope you do it.

I'd like to live in a small village in Tuscany, Provence or southern Spain for
a year, soaking up the culture and getting to know the people.
Laurie

LBoogey13

May 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/3/00
>>>I'd like to live in a small village in Tuscany, Provence or southern Spain
for a year, soaking up the culture and getting to know the people. <<<

Not I...I'd stay right here in the U.S. and live in Key West for as long as I
possibly could. It ain't that far, but it's worlds away from New Jersey ;)

Wafna04

May 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/3/00
>======
I would do a year in London...with a Summer in France.

LaurieASW

May 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/4/00
Not I...I'd stay right here in the U.S. and live in Key West for as long as I
possibly could. It ain't that far, but it's worlds away from New Jersey
;)>>LBoogey

Now that you mention it, living in Key West wouldn't suck.
Laurie

LaurieASW

May 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/4/00
I would do a year in London...with a Summer in France.>> Wafna

My husband's work landed us in London for two years and it was a BLAST!
The museums, restaurants (English food is no longer awful), architecture,
theater, shops, pubs, antique markets- I loved it all! The very best part was
the people. I've never encountered so many hilarious people in my life. Some
of my dearest friends are people I met there.

Laurie

Zinksville

May 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/4/00
Subject: Re: Life is like handball!!!
From: laur...@aol.commotion (LaurieASW)
Date: 05/04/2000 1:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time

Laurie>>

Good. Go back.

zink

MsAAyianna

May 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/4/00
>Now that you mention it, living in Key West wouldn't suck.
>Laurie

There's a hotel in Key West that Ernest Hemingway always stayed at during his
visits. I've wanted to stay there. Have either of you ever been there?

MsAAyianna

May 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/4/00
>London for two years and it was a BLAST!
>The museums, restaurants (English food is no longer awful), architecture,
>theater, shops, pubs, antique markets- I loved it all! The very best part
>was
>the people. I've never encountered so many hilarious people in my life.
>Some
>of my dearest friends are people I met there.
>
>Laurie

This sounds like it was a great experience. Have you lived anywhere else?

LBoogey13

May 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/4/00
>>>There's a hotel in Key West that Ernest Hemingway always stayed at during
his
visits. I've wanted to stay there. Have either of you ever been there? <<<

I wasn't inside the hotel, but I think we drove past it on a trolley (I think)
tour of Key West once =) It was actually the only tour I ever enjoyed, because
the houses and buildings in Key West are so quaint and beautiful. We saw some
of the remnants of a pirate fortress or something, too. It's been a while, but
I can't wait to get back there.

MsAAyianna

May 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/4/00
>I wasn't inside the hotel, but I think we drove past it on a trolley (I
>think)
>tour of Key West once =) It was actually the only tour I ever enjoyed,
>because
>the houses and buildings in Key West are so quaint and beautiful. We saw
>some
>of the remnants of a pirate fortress or something, too. It's been a while,
>but
>I can't wait to get back there.

It sounds like a lovely area. I've never been to that part of Florida. The
hotel is something like the Author's Hotel..They have a website online. I'm
going to hunt it up later and post a link.
I remember being in New Orleans and being very tired so I jumped a city
bus/trolley type vehicle and took a long ride around the city. It was one of
the nicest "tours" and took several hours.

Wafna04

May 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/4/00
>Can you SPOT THE LOONY?
>
>=======
Laurie is really lucky! I would love to live in England for a year.
Did you get to the countryside at all, Laurie?

Wafna04

May 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/4/00

>>Now that you mention it, living in Key West wouldn't suck.
>>Laurie
>>

>There's a hotel in Key West that Ernest Hemingway always stayed at during his
>visits. I've wanted to stay there. Have either of you ever been there?
>

>Can you SPOT THE LOONY?
>
>========
No..but there's a small outdoor restaurant in Foggy Bottom,DC...in the
SummerTime himself likes to sit there with a faraway look in his eyes and
pretend that he's Ernest Hemingway.
Jewel's line about Anais Nin and Henry Miller amazed me...she's so young,yet
she's so deep!

MsAAyianna

May 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/4/00
>Jewel's line about Anais Nin and Henry Miller amazed me...she's so young,yet
>she's so deep!

What did Jewel say about Anais Nin? I've always had deep respect for a
"housewife" of that time to be in a bad way financially and just think up
something to do what she had to do: Support her family.

Wafna04

May 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/4/00
>======
I just put the CD on..as soon as I hear the line I'll let you know...

LaurieASW

May 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/4/00

Good. Go back.>>zink

Oh, I frequently do. My next trip's planned for the middle of June.
PUT THAT RAZOR BLADE DOWN!
I can access AOL just as easily from there as I do from here.

Laurie

LaurieASW

May 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/4/00
This sounds like it was a great experience. Have you lived anywhere else?>>MsA

No, I haven't. London and Chicago are the major hubs for my husband's
industry.

Here's a question for everyone: What's the favorite/least favorite place you've
lived and why?

Laurie

LaurieASW

May 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/4/00
Laurie is really lucky! I would love to live in England for a year.
Did you get to the countryside at all, Laurie?>>Wafna

We made quite a few weekend trips to the countryside: Bath, Cornwall, Sussex
and couple other places I can't remember the names of.

Cornwall was the best. We stayed at a 17th century farmhouse/Bed&Breakfast.
Unimaginably green farmland abruptly ended at 200 foot cliffs over the sea.

Very romantic. So romantic that my husband and I were late for the breakfast.
The looks we got made it apparent our room was located directly above the
breakfast room and that soundproofing in 17th century farmhouses leaves much to
be desired.
Laurie

LBoogey13

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00
>>> What's the favorite/least favorite place you've lived and why? <<<

I've been in the same place my whole damned life, so I don't have a good answer
to that one =) However, I did live in VA last year for the summer, and it was
a wonderful experience. It's amazing how different life is just a 4-hour drive
away from NJ, and I loved being able to hop on the Metro and be in D.C. within
twenty minutes. Wherever I end up living in the future, I know it'll be
somewhere with lots of museums and culture nearby.

I yam what I yam

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00
>Here's a question for everyone: What's the favorite/least favorite place

>you've
>lived and why?
>

>Laurie

Favorite: Minnesota, because it's home and it's beautiful. Least favorite:
Florida. I lived there for a year in the early '70s and I hated the climate.
There are four seasons in Florida: Tolerable; Tolerable if you're parked next
to an air conditioner; Intolerable; and Get me the hell out of here before I
lose my fuckin' mind!

I yam what I yam

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00
>I've been in the same place my whole damned life, so I don't have a good
>answer
>to that one =) However, I did live in VA last year for the summer, and it
>was
>a wonderful experience. It's amazing how different life is just a 4-hour
>drive
>away from NJ, and I loved being able to hop on the Metro and be in D.C.
>within
>twenty minutes. Wherever I end up living in the future, I know it'll be
>somewhere with lots of museums and culture nearby.

Boogey, did you hear the new tourism slogan for New Jersey? "Kiss your
girlfriend where it stinks. Take her to New Jersey."

Sorry... :)

Mercurio07

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Favorite: Minnesota, because it's home and it's beautiful. Least favorite:
Florida. I lived there for a year in the early '70s and I hated the climate.
There are four seasons in Florida: Tolerable; Tolerable if you're parked next
to an air conditioner; Intolerable; and Get me the hell out of here before I
lose my fuckin' mind!
MrBluSkyzz
"We Germans are not all smiles and sunshine!" (The Simpsons)

You must not forget the "mole crickets",
Grasshumper.

(LOL!!!)

Mercurio07 : )

MsAAyianna

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00
>Here's a question for everyone: What's the favorite/least favorite place
>you've
>lived and why?

Northern California was both my favorite and least favorite..San Francisco(Nob
Hill) and Marin County(San Anselmo). There is so much to do and so much
diversity but it was cold and the natives are just plain weird.

MsAAyianna

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00
>Very romantic. So romantic that my husband and I were late for the
>breakfast.
>The looks we got made it apparent our room was located directly above the
>breakfast room and that soundproofing in 17th century farmhouses leaves much
>be desired.
>Laurie

ROFLMAO!!!!!

LBoogey13

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00
>>>Boogey, did you hear the new tourism slogan for New Jersey? "Kiss your
girlfriend where it stinks. Take her to New Jersey."<<<

:::spew::: LOL!!! Seriously, I'm from this place, and when I think of New
Jersey all I can think is scummy boardwalk chicks with big hair. I think
that's a common stereotype, but not a completely false one ;)

LBoogey13

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00
>The hotel is something like the Author's Hotel..They have a website online.
I'm
going to hunt it up later and post a link.<<<

If you find it, please send it! I'd love to check that out.

MsAAyianna

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00
>If you find it, please send it! I'd love to check that out.

Found it! It's the "Artist House" and here's the address:

http://www.artisthousekeywest.com/

LaurieASW

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00
From: lboo...@aol.com (LBoogey13)
Date: 5/4/00 9:17 PM Central Daylight Time

>>> What's the favorite/least favorite place you've lived and why? <<<

I've been in the same place my whole damned life, so I don't have a good answer

to that one =) However, I did live in VA last year for the summer, and it was
a wonderful experience. It's amazing how different life is just a 4-hour drive
away from NJ, and I loved being able to hop on the Metro and be in D.C. within
twenty minutes. Wherever I end up living in the future, I know it'll be

somewhere with lots of museums and culture nearby.>> LBoogey

How far away are you from NYC? Are you considering living there?
I heard (and tell me if this wrong) there was a rivalry between NJ and NY like
the one between Illinois and Wisconsin. We call Wisconsinites cheeseheads and
they call us FIBs (Fuckin' Illinois Bastards). *They*, of course, are wrong.
Laurie

LaurieASW

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00
Favorite: Minnesota, because it's home and it's beautiful.>>MrBluSkyzz

Okay, I've gotta know. Jesse Ventura: your thoughts.
Laurie

LaurieASW

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00
Northern California was both my favorite and least favorite..San Francisco(Nob
Hill) and Marin County(San Anselmo). There is so much to do and so much
diversity but it was cold and the natives are just plain weird.>>MsA

LOL about the natives.
I'd love to live in San Francisco. There's so much happening there right now.
Laurie

Wafna04

May 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/6/00
>=======
I have never seen an applet like that one!
WOW

Pooky8996

May 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/6/00
I've been in the same place my whole damned life, so I don't have a good answer
to that one =) However, I did live in VA last year for the summer, and it was
a wonderful experience. It's amazing how different life is just a 4-hour drive
away from NJ, and I loved being able to hop on the Metro and be in D.C. within
twenty minutes. Wherever I end up living in the future, I know it'll be
somewhere with lots of museums and culture nearby.>> LBoogey
*******************
LB, did you ever make your trip to Philly?

LaurieASW

May 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/6/00

Found it! It's the "Artist House" and here's the address:

http://www.artisthousekeywest.com/

Can you SPOT THE LOONY?>>

Looks like a fascinating place. Thanks for the link!

Laurie

I yam what I yam

May 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/6/00
>How far away are you from NYC? Are you considering living there?
>I heard (and tell me if this wrong) there was a rivalry between NJ and NY
>like
>the one between Illinois and Wisconsin. We call Wisconsinites cheeseheads and
>they call us FIBs (Fuckin' Illinois Bastards). *They*, of course, are wrong.
>Laurie

Some years back, on Johnny Carson (I think), he told some jokes that states
tell about each other. My favorite (can't remember what state tells this, but
it's one that borders Kentucky) What do you call a shoe store in Kentucky? A
mirage.

LaurieASW

May 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/6/00
Some years back, on Johnny Carson (I think), he told some jokes that states
tell about each other. My favorite (can't remember what state tells this, but
it's one that borders Kentucky) What do you call a shoe store in Kentucky? A
mirage.>>MrBluSkyzz

LOL!
State rivalry cracks me up. Does MN have a rival?
Laurie

I yam what I yam

May 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/6/00
><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>Favorite: Minnesota, because it's home and it's beautiful. Least favorite:
>Florida. I lived there for a year in the early '70s and I hated the climate.
>There are four seasons in Florida: Tolerable; Tolerable if you're parked next
>to an air conditioner; Intolerable; and Get me the hell out of here before I
>lose my fuckin' mind!
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>MrBluSkyzz
>"We Germans are not all smiles and sunshine!" (The Simpsons)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>You must not forget the "mole crickets",
>Grasshumper.
>
>(LOL!!!)
>
>Mercurio07 : )

Merc, you have me totally confused here.

I yam what I yam

May 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/6/00
>Favorite: Minnesota, because it's home and it's beautiful.>>MrBluSkyzz
>
>Okay, I've gotta know. Jesse Ventura: your thoughts.
>Laurie

As a governor, he makes a good wrestler. I didn't vote for the dipshit, and now
I know why. The rest of the country thinks he's so adorable, and I say take
him. Take him far, far away.

I yam what I yam

May 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/6/00
>LOL!
>State rivalry cracks me up. Does MN have a rival?
>Laurie

Mostly Iowa.

What's the best thing to come out of Iowa?
I-35.

What's the best way to see Iowa?
In your rear view mirror.

What do you call a person from Iowa with an IQ of 50?
Gifted.

When it comes to football, the rivalry is with the Cheeseheads. The Dakotas
tend to get ignored, but I suppose the jokes pick up the closer you get to the
border.

MsAAyianna

May 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/6/00
>As a governor, he makes a good wrestler. I didn't vote for the dipshit, and
>now
>I know why. The rest of the country thinks he's so adorable, and I say take
>him. Take him far, far away.
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>MrBluSkyzz

A good friend of mine in Nebraska has a friend that ran Jesse's campaign. His
name is Terry something. He and Jesse's wife did NOT click.

Wafna04

May 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/6/00
>Subject: Re: Life is like handball!!!
>From: msaay...@aol.comHaHaHa (MsAAyianna)
>Date: 5/5/00 12:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time
>
>>Here's a question for everyone: What's the favorite/least favorite place

>>you've
>>lived and why?
>
>Northern California was both my favorite and least favorite..San
>Francisco(Nob
>Hill) and Marin County(San Anselmo). There is so much to do and so much
>diversity but it was cold and the natives are just plain weird.
>

>Can you SPOT THE LOONY?
>

>=======
Least Favorite-Pennsylvania
Most Favorite-Washington,DC.

Wafna04

May 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/6/00

>This sounds like it was a great experience. Have you lived anywhere
>else?>>MsA
>
>No, I haven't. London and Chicago are the major hubs for my husband's
>industry.
>
>Here's a question for everyone: What's the favorite/least favorite place
>you've
>lived and why?
>

>Laurie
>
>=========
Both great places,or so I hear....I would LOVE to go to England.
And to Ireland....the Irish people in the US could repatriate to Ireland if
they wanted to..and I am considering it.
If I could talk my people into it I would love it.

Mercurio07

May 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/6/00
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Merc, you have me totally confused here.
(MrBlu)

Dear Blu:

Haven't you ever seen mole crickets in FLA
burrowing in the lawns. They look like....
I don't know....really, really weird and ugly beige things several inches long.

Best Regards,

Mercurio07 : )

NugentLP

May 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/7/00

Dear Blu:

Best Regards,

Mercurio07 : )

I grew up in Florida and I have no idea what you are talking about.

I yam what I yam

May 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/7/00
><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>Merc, you have me totally confused here.
>(MrBlu)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>Dear Blu:
>
>Haven't you ever seen mole crickets in FLA
>burrowing in the lawns. They look like....
>I don't know....really, really weird and ugly beige things several inches
>long.
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Mercurio07 : )

Now that you mention it, I do remember some big bugs that were common down
there, but I don't remember by that name.
Everybody has cockroaches too. Yuck.

LaurieASW

May 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/7/00
Mostly Iowa.

What's the best thing to come out of Iowa?
I-35.

What's the best way to see Iowa?
In your rear view mirror.

What do you call a person from Iowa with an IQ of 50?

Gifted.>> MrBlusSkyzz

Iowa doesn't count. Everybody makes fun of Iowa.
Laurie

LaurieASW

May 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/7/00

>Okay, I've gotta know. Jesse Ventura: your thoughts.
>Laurie

As a governor, he makes a good wrestler. I didn't vote for the dipshit, and now

I know why. The rest of the country thinks he's so adorable, and I say take

him. Take him far, far away.>>MrBluSkyzz

I've listened to some of Garrison Keillor's Jesse commentaries on NPR and
LMAO.
Laurie

MsAAyianna

May 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/7/00
>Now that you mention it, I do remember some big bugs that were common down
>there, but I don't remember by that name.
>Everybody has cockroaches too. Yuck.

I've noticed when I'm down south that all the cleaning products also have bug
repellents. Gross. My step grandpa died from a scorpion bite...Quite a nasty
way to go.

MsAAyianna

May 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/7/00
>Iowa doesn't count. Everybody makes fun of Iowa.
>Laurie

GOD I HATE THAT STATE!!!!!!!!!!

Those people do not know how to have fun!

A group of us were kicked out of a Bed and Breakfast there...LMAO

The only time it was fun was when we went to Kalona and hung out with the
Amish. Now, THAT should tell you something.

Wafna04

May 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/7/00
>Can you SPOT THE LOONY?
>
>=======
I wouldn't mind going that way! It's more interesting than just dying in your
sleep or some such mundane death....

I yam what I yam

May 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/7/00
>GOD I HATE THAT STATE!!!!!!!!!!
>
>Those people do not know how to have fun!
>
>A group of us were kicked out of a Bed and Breakfast there...LMAO
>
>The only time it was fun was when we went to Kalona and hung out with the
>Amish. Now, THAT should tell you something.
>

>Can you SPOT THE LOONY?

I don't mind Iowa, but the one reason I could never live there: they only have
3.2 beer.

MsAAyianna

May 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/7/00
>I wouldn't mind going that way! It's more interesting than just dying in your
>sleep or some such mundane death....

LOL I don't know..it made him a raving lunatic..Much the way a person with
spinal meningitis, untreated until too late, might die.

MsAAyianna

May 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/7/00
>I don't mind Iowa, but the one reason I could never live there: they only
>have
>3.2 beer.

I didn't know that! Probably because I don't drink beer. There was one lovely
town called ahhh damn..can't get the name. It's near the Omaha Nebraska ..Wait!
Council Bluffs! Beautiful city.

Wafna aka CherryCoke

May 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/8/00
>========
You're kidding...that sounds like a town that Frank Capra made up or something!
Just the name alone...

Failure is Impossible-Susan B Anthony

Ayianna C. Bannieres

May 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/8/00
>You're kidding...that sounds like a town that Frank Capra made up or
>something!
>Just the name alone...

LOL The town is full of rolling green hills and just sort of nice.

Can you SPOT THE LOONY???

I yam what I yam

May 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/9/00
>There was one lovely
>>town called ahhh damn..can't get the name. It's near the Omaha Nebraska
>>..Wait!
>>Council Bluffs! Beautiful city.
>>

>>Can you SPOT THE LOONY?
>>
>>========
>You're kidding...that sounds like a town that Frank Capra made up or
>something!
>Just the name alone...
>>

>Failure is Impossible-Susan B Anthony

Cherry, you really have to come visit the midwest.

Wafna aka CherryCoke

May 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/9/00
>=======
yeah..thanks Blue!
I am sure that it's lovely, I have no idea why I have a need of the ocean ..but

I get anxious in landlocked states.