The images/appearance of the yukkuri in the game

lonefool

Sep 8, 2012, 3:26:06 PM9/8/12
to yukkuri-r...@googlegroups.com
First of all we need to decide how we want the yukkuri to appear in the game. We should probably try to make them cute, but at the same time we have to make them so that they are not too cute, after all there will be shitheads and other bad yukkuri in the game, and there will be those who will want to punish them. This is after all a game that allows both love and abuse.

I believe that we should create a basic body type, such as a blob, and then we can add different eyes, hair, and accessories in order to make it appear as different yukkuri. This way should save us some time hopefully, by not having to constantly draw different yukkurri or having to redraw the same yukkuri with a different expression.  We could make an average body type for yukkuri in normal condition, a over-weight body for fat yukkuri, a skinny body for under-feed yukkuri, a dirty body for unclean yukkuri, and others for different body types.

How will we have the yukkuri move in the game? Will they crawl or bounce? Will they do both? Will they do stretch stretch, roll roll, or do puff puff? How will we make it decide when the yukkuri do which form or movement? How many frames will we put into their movement animations? How will the yukkuri judge when they do what movement type?

How many emotions do we want them to be able to express? How many frames of animation will the emotions take? Such as if they are sad will we show them with a stationary tear(s) near theeir eye(s) or will we actually animate it so that the tears flow down?

Will the injuries be animated? Will we have it so that if the yukkuri gets cut will it bleed paste? Will we use the same injury illustrations for each type of injury or will we come up with different ones depending on if they are cut, smacked, smashed, and/or stabbed? How much will we animate the injuries? Will the injuries effect the ways that the yukkuri moves normally?

How will the yukkuri eat? Will we have several ways, such as neat and slowly (well behaved) or messy and fast (shithead/rude/no-manners). How many frames will we use to animate it? What if a yukkuri is eating another yukkuri, will we use the same animation, or a different one only for such situations? How will the other yukkuri act (if alive)? How far will we animate these two events?

How far are we going to animate refreshing, pregnancy, and birth? If it is a stalk type pregnancy will the unborn yukkuri sway on the stalk when the mother moves? Will the babies start to move more the closer they are to being born? As for mammalian pregnancy will the mothers stomach move occasionally at first and then more the closer they are to birth? How much will we animate this? Will there only be one type of refreshing animation? Will there be a different animation if they are raping or being raped?

Other animations we should consider are poo poo, pee pee, drinking, lick lick, dieing, and/or melting.

Mielle

Sep 8, 2012, 10:10:15 PM9/8/12
to yukkuri-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to go out on a limb and try to answer things without knowing if they're reasonable yet...

I would love to see a visual indication of some Yukkuri personality traits. A gentle eyebrow for a nicehead, a harder one for a shithead, some yukkuri will be cuter, some dirtier, some with longer hair... mutations and multiple accessories notwithstanding. It would definitely be beneficial to split the body from the face for more dynamic types and to lessen the load on the artists.

I've always imagined crawling as the default method of movement, with bouncing as a kind of running and certain types being able to use that silly butt scooting for super speed. (Cheeeeen!) Rolling seems like a koyukkuri game (or Canrisa's awesome way of moving), and we'll definitely want stretching for shenanigans.

A full range of expressions would be ideal. These are human caricatures we're talking about, and they're famous for overreacting to everything without thinking much. The specifics will have to be worked out later.

Bleeding paste seems like a good idea. It certainly doesn't look like poo and it might just lead to cannibalism... To have any decent injuries we'll need cuts, bruises, scrapes, and we'll probably need multiple death animations. Jumping off a cliff is entirely different from dissolving in water. Having different injuries change how a yukkuri can move wouldn't be very hard to do. They would need to be done on a case by case basis though. We will need some death animations; even with the best of things, a koyukkuri is going to jump off a half meter table and kill itself every so often.

Eating is... hmm The descriptions that I have seen had oversized tongues, entire-face-in-food, bird feeding, super inhaling, and spoon or bottle feeding. The only ways I've seen drinking are like this or this. My preference is for face stuffing with neat and messy style, entire-face-in-food for madness, and somewhat oversized tongues for drinking.

It seems that love children lead to mammalian births, while lust children lead to stalk births. Both rub-rub and penipeni mamumamu should be in the game, as well as the base instinct of poo poo, pee pee, rub rub, lick lick, puff puff...

lonefool

Sep 9, 2012, 2:11:45 PM9/9/12
to yukkuri-r...@googlegroups.com
I understood that not all of these seemed reasonable, after only the first two paragraphs were meant as suggestions, the rest of what I wrote were meant as questions as to what we wanted to do with the movements/actions of the yukkuri and how much detail we wanted to add too them.

Yeah anything that can be done to simplify the work load of any of the team would be ideal. However Mariodante will have his work cut out for him, since he will have to think up all the dialog fr the yukkuri in the game and because there are so many different personality types, scenarios, and yukkuri he will have a tremendous amount f things to write, that is unless we get someone else to help him.

I thought they mainly crawled when they where trying to be stealthy, you know when they would say "stealth stealth" or something along those lines, or when they were injured, I thought they did small hops normally, though since we are basing this on a series of comics that each author tends to interpret yukkuri a bit differently it gets kind of hard sometimes to tell what is exactly supposed to be the norm for yukkuri. I think it would be good to have it so that the yukkuri and especially koyukkuri will play around occasionally, of course this can be added later, if we add it  at all. Also should we at some point later on once we have got everything else working in the game add suii(s)?

Yeah, That would be great, Maybe to help reduce the workload on the artist we could make it so that we have base eye and emotion images that are just the outline, that way the artist will just need to fill in the color that corresponds to the yukkuri they are working on. Naturally this may not work for all of them but it should at least saw some time by making it so they don't always have to redraw the same eyes and emotions multiple times. My worry if we do this however is that it will look too much like we just copy and pasted everything. This would take much less time then having to redraw the same thing multiple times and it would add a constancy in the quality of the images for the game.

As we know each type of yukkuri has a different type of filling, so that means they would need to bleed different colors. Now I have said this ideas multiple times now so you are probably tired of me saying it but we could probably use a basic outline as the generic for bleeding and then add the colors to match the fillings. The only other things I could think of doing this for would be for eating, drinking,peeing, pooping, and some other actions such as, for example mammalian birth since you will not see the hair or accessories of the baby until it comes out plus their eyes are closed. If we have an egg laying/hatching birth type it can also use a simple base image/animation, since if don right you will not see what type the hatching yukkuri is until all of the shell has fallen off. Different things we make the body do such as stretch stretch will should also use the same base image/animation. This would only work in a vary limited way for the hair, since not too many yukkuri share the same hair style, however if we make it to that the hair and their "arm(s)" are separate then we can use the same image for the hair and all we would need to do is move the "arm(s)". The only other way I could think of making base for the hair that would make it worth it would be for mutants that had different colors of hair from the regular types. Anyways the benefit of making a base images/animations that apply to all yukkuri means that if we distribute them to other members who aren't as busy then we can have several people work on making yukkuri, which should further reduce the time so long as on of the artists makes the hair and accessories then we can have people who aren't artist put them together sort of like an assembly line.

Still we should make it so that players are able to tell the difference between a wild/stray.shithead eating/drinking and a well behaved yukkuri eating/drinking. I have also seen that shitheads and bad mannered yukkuri tend to make a lot of unnecessary moving/flailing/trashing while eating and may cause small amounts of food to fly in different directions, while normal yukkuri don't, although they still shove their heads in and eat quickly. Well mannered yukkuri tend to eat slower and more calmly then other yukkuri which honestly may not amount to much but some do take their time and chew (niceheads).

yes but it does seem like the majority of the birth if from stalks. Yes we should have both of them, but we will need to decide how and when they decide to do one or the other, that and not all rub rub is meant for reproduction, most of the time it is just a sign of affection that they do with friends, family, or their owners. Well yeah if we didn't do stuff like that then our yukkuri wouldn't be acting like yukkuri. Though are we going to have it so that the parents will clean up after their children and do lick lick to bath them? Do you think that we should add the child protection like how they put their children in their mouth, at some point? Also I know you prefer love to abuse with yukkuri, but we will eventually need to talk about the ways to hurt, abuse, and kill them, which I know you might not be too fond of, if you like I guess we could focus on the love aspect of it first, but we will need to add the abuse at some point.

Marcopolo1613

Oct 17, 2012, 1:32:15 AM10/17/12
to yukkuri-r...@googlegroups.com
aside from the specifics of what we need to animate, the general style of the yukkuri have an manga art persona. also a question, what resolution are we dealing with? pixel art, or closer to flash games type 2D?

for any artists who will be making faces check out Mark Crilley on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/markcrilley?feature=watch
he has some good how to draw videos that give you tips to nail down a manga style. if we are doing pixel art, you will need to know how to combine that with a manga style, and that requires some knowledge about the proportions and key elements. Otherwise you still need to know how to draw manga faces, but it wont be as difficult to catch oddities as with pixel art.

Marcopolo1613

Oct 17, 2012, 3:03:57 AM10/17/12
to yukkuri-r...@googlegroups.com
as there seems to be no way to edit the post above from what i could find, i must write here.
I took a look at the standalone build and got a feel for where the graphical style is aiming. But I still feel the above link can help; if nothing else, the videos make you feel like drawing stuff.

as far as programming and art the art of the yukkuri are concerned, i think we should aim for a face, hair, eyebrow, eyes, mouth, accessories, overlay scheme for the textures. this will not only exponentially increase the diversity, but it helps with adding expressions and other animations, as well as style unification.

wait, something just occurred to me, and I'm new to yukkuri, but are there male yukkuri? and how will breading be affected?

Mielle

Oct 17, 2012, 7:26:22 AM10/17/12
to yukkuri-r...@googlegroups.com
Interested in how the game works and Yukkuri are along for the ride? Hmm...
http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Yukkuri_shiteitte_ne!
http://yukkuri.shii.org/

Currently the Yukkuri are 2D sprites. SVG rendering is doable, but slow. We don't have an artist yet; it's just been me doodling and coloring so I don't go out of my mind with terrible art. Breaking up the face into different pieces is definitely a good idea, but adding too many sprites with a lot of Yukkuri will inevitably slow the whole thing down.

lonefool

Oct 17, 2012, 9:52:39 AM10/17/12
to yukkuri-r...@googlegroups.com
As a update on the artist, I asked danogoat, and they seemed to consider it for a bit but I have heard nothing from them in a while so I am assuming that they have decided not to join. unless they just haven't been on in a while.

As for Marco's earlier question there are only two male yukkuri that I know of, the Rinnosuke and Unzan types, but they are both so rare that they are almost never seen in the fandom. However considering that yukkuri are technically hermaphrodites, but have a tendency to refer to themselves as female.

Daniel Venegas

Oct 18, 2012, 1:02:38 PM10/18/12
to yukkuri-r...@googlegroups.com
I had a real family problem over 2 weeks ago, but I just need the specifics of what you need and ill look into that. Feel free to IM me on OYP whenever you want.

lonefool

Oct 19, 2012, 11:12:22 AM10/19/12
to yukkuri-r...@googlegroups.com
 I am sorry about your family matter, but I am so happy to have your help.