What do people want this game to ultimately be (or have)

Visto 126 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

lonefool

no leída,
24 ago 2012, 14:28:1924/8/12
a yukkuri-r...@googlegroups.com
This is where members and non-members can say what they would like for a yukkuri game. Mariodante and I early on agreed that this game should have both yukkuri love and abuse. Unlike the topic about the first build, this topic is about what people would ultimately like to be in the game. This could be types of yukkuri, types of love/abuse you can give to the yukkuri. Naturally this is a raising sim so you start with one and you raise it, and the way you raise it will effect how it develops. We also want to add breeding as well, but first we should probably get the raising aspect of the game working.

Naturally we may not be able to do everything that people want us too, but it can still let us know at least what people want.

I'm just throwing random stuff out there as examples, these aren't things we are going to put in just random stuff that won't be considered unless someone else brings it up.

Pet clothes

Yuzooka

Spicy Reimu

Coffee Alice

Bodied Remilia Dinosaur costume

Dosu mount

If someone lists a idea that you like please comment on that post and say that you like it or what you like about it. That way we will know how many people like an idea.

Mielle

no leída,
25 ago 2012, 3:54:0125/8/12
a yukkuri-r...@googlegroups.com
Needs:

Advanced breeding and raising systems.
Things to do with the raised Yukkuri. Yukkuri olympics and the like
Alternate environments. Things like a forest, a city, a lake, and the obvious yukkurarium.
Decent variety in types

Nice to have:

World events for the larger areas. Imagine the occasional Remilia swarm coming by every so often, or Mister Hungry Bear.
Mutations
- Different fillings are interesting. They might be hard to show in-game though
- Hybrids
- Alternate types. Regular and tentacle Alice comes to mind...
Pet Clothes
Multiplayer

Wants:

Every single Touhou character as a Yukkuri.

Comments:

Breeding and raising a Dosu for a mount sounds hilarious. I'd be more inclined to have some of Alice's dolls ride regular yukkuri though.

lonefool

no leída,
25 ago 2012, 13:41:3325/8/12
a yukkuri-r...@googlegroups.com
For your needs that does sound great, the Yukkuri Olympics I am not sure how we would carry that out, unles you mean the badge system and I was being stupid, which honestly happens more then I would like to admit...

What about home invasions? I just hope that the Mister hungry Bear doesn't do a home invasion. I would love to have bodied types and hybrids, but the problem with that is  that it would make the coding much more complicated, especially if we do multiplayer, because there will be people who will just want to love yukkuri and people who just want to abuse them and if they start complaining that may get in the way of players enjoying the gmae unless done right.

As for the having every Yukkuri how about we post different patches that will unlock different Yukkuri, that way the player will only have the Yukkuri that they want inside their game.

Ultimately this will be left up to what the programers are willing to do, and since you are one of them that meansyou do have a large amount influence on what the game will be like.

Mariodante

no leída,
25 ago 2012, 20:44:0725/8/12
a yukkuri-r...@googlegroups.com
Hey, I just read over everything you guys want and we definitely have all that written down with a lot of in-depth systems as to how they would work out in the game.  Give me a little time and I'll go over all my files and make up a sort of master file of things we want to have in the game and I'll share it here and everyone can give their input on editing it.

If I could sum up what I believe is the heart of the game, though, will be breeding/raising Yukkuri, choosing to love/torture them, and experiencing all sorts of amusing Yukkuri.  I really hope us writers can do a ton of writing for this and give each different breed of Yukkuri as well as each different type of Yukkuri from a psychological standpoint a very interesting and original character that players will be very amused by and want to work with.

Mariodante

no leída,
25 ago 2012, 20:46:1025/8/12
a yukkuri-r...@googlegroups.com
We definitely want to work out a system for unlocking new items and breeds and such.  Maybe the player should have to do some sort of mundane job, maybe the player's Yukkuri could be sent into one of various jobs and like a randomized event can happen that goes well or poorly.  Maybe the players can just unlock new items through various achievements.  I suppose whatever the majority on here can agree upon would be nice.  Like I said, though, I'll spruce up my files and make something that's easy to read over and work with and I'll post the document up here for all to see.  LoneFool and I have done a ton of conversing about the mechanics of this game.

Mielle

no leída,
26 ago 2012, 4:30:1926/8/12
On Saturday, August 25, 2012 5:44:07 PM UTC-7, Mariodante wrote:
> If I could sum up what I believe is the heart of the game, though, will be breeding/raising Yukkuri, choosing to love/torture them, and experiencing all sorts of amusing Yukkuri.

This, most definitely. I'm not so big on the torture though; love is where it's at.

I've always envisioned gaining new yukkuri types as hunting (wild or strays) and buying new ones from a store. Perhaps the player's job is actually raising yukkuri? We'd need to figure out how the player would make money. Oor perhaps they just eat the yukkuri for food. OMNOMNOM MARISA) Bears probably wouldn't wander into cities, so I don't think you'd have to worry about home invasions from them. Unless it's a Yukkuri city... which could be fun. It's more likely to be an "Act of God" where you have to throw as many Dosu, Youmu, Remilia, and any other yukkuri that could possibly fight such a thing at it before it tries to eat all of them.

Yukkuri olympics, I was trying to come up with a goal with the breeding and raising for when you tire of watching Marisa roll around on the grass all day. It doesn't have to be anything nearly as obvious; making a fort to protect against Remilia would be just as good. Achievements on the other hand... they're cheap, last all of 2 seconds, and are so overused that even the good ones don't have meaning anymore.

lonefool

no leída,
26 ago 2012, 11:10:2226/8/12
a yukkuri-r...@googlegroups.com
Well we are trying to make a game that will find some common ground, for both abusers and lovers. Later maybe we could release a patch that will allow players to select whether they want to just abuse or love a yukkuri.

Money is a good thing to have in this game. If you have to pay for the Yukkuri food, toys, your own food, rent, and house repairs, then players will actually get annoyed at their yukkuri if it refreshes with a wild yukkuri, or if their two pet yukkuri refresh when they were told not to, since they would have to pay for the increased upkeep. The same goes for home invasions, since you will have to play for the damages the player will legitimately get angry even if the invaders don't rape/kill their pet. It will also make the player feel as though they have invested more into their yukkuri. That and it may lead to the player to trying to actually having to decide what job they should do.

As for jobs, we should consider jobs that could possibly work for lovers and abusers. For lovers jobs like Yukkuri breeder or Yu daycare attendant. For abusers jobs like working at the factory, or at that yu extermination squad thing.

As for achievements, yes by themselves they have no meaning, but since getting them will unlock things I believe that this will make them work. Plus we will have it so that it doesn't say how to unlock them. For example, lets say that the player abuses/tortures a lot of yukkuri, one day in the game they may hear a knock on the door, and see a Tenshi there drooling and asking to be abused.

Marcopolo1613

no leída,
17 oct 2012, 3:28:5317/10/12
a yukkuri-r...@googlegroups.com
something very important to consider is "who is our audience"?
from the general concept I would say children to young teenage girls, but with that we have to consider the content. this is a game and a product, with that we have to have content that attracts people without have content that detracts people. an extreme example, if the game was very simple and aimed towards children, then we can't have blood, gore, and curse words. But that also means we have to consider more subtle concepts, like breading, and violence. these things can alter where we are going with the game, and it would be good to figure out some do's and don'ts so we can determine whether something is appropriate.

so who is our audience? and what can we safely give them in the game?

lonefool

no leída,
17 oct 2012, 9:36:4917/10/12
a yukkuri-r...@googlegroups.com
Well our original intention was to make a game that had both Yukkuri abuse and love, and that is what I had been advertising it as in the past. While games that focus on purely the love of yukkuri and raising them are rare at best, I am not sure we should just change this into a pure love game now. About the potential players, I like yukkuri and I am neither a child or a teenage girl, and I know people who are like me who like yukkuri. On top of this, Yukkuri are related to Touhou, and from hat I can tell that is how a lot of people find out about it, so I think that it would not be as likely for children to play this.

However, since I am not the programer, and since we solve things democratically I will be fine with it if the other members vote to change the direction of game.

Marcopolo1613

no leída,
17 oct 2012, 13:06:0917/10/12
a yukkuri-r...@googlegroups.com
im not saying that there wont be people like you playing the game, im just saying if you were to make a graph of the users and their age, it would resemble the ages for minecraft but leaning towards the female audience due to the "cuteness" factor. That being, most of the players will be children and girls, obviously not all, but most. I'm staying that we should aim for a PG or E demographic, and that means using discretion.
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos