Class Missing from doc, shows up as Spy#and... instead

Daniel Wentworth

Mar 30, 2018, 2:32:00 PM3/30/18
to yuidoc
I have three scripts to document, and I have two out of three working in my pipeline test. I can't figure out why the third is behaving the way it is.

File 1 (Successful)
/**
The Carbohydrate Builder allows point and click style generation of a condensed sequence.

@module CarbohydrateBuilder
@author Dan Wentworth
**/

/**
cbLogic.js handles the logic of the carbohydrate builder

@class cbLogic
**/

File 2 (Successful)
/**
cbView.js handles interaction with the GUI.

@class cbView
@module CarbohydrateBuilder
@author Dan Wentworth

**/

File 3 (Fails)
/**
cbData.js handles manipulating and storing data.
@class cbData
@module CarbohydrateBuilder
@author Dan Wentworth

**/

File 3 shows up in the Classes list as "Spy#and.cbData" but clicking on it pulls up an error. Any ideas what I should be looking at?

Daniel Wentworth

Mar 30, 2018, 2:57:44 PM3/30/18
to yuidoc
Digging a little deeper, it seems that the "Spy#and" portion relates to Jasmine tests. That is likely a rabbit hole. Far more interested in what might cause the cbData script to be skipped.

Daniel Wentworth

Apr 5, 2018, 10:11:51 AM4/5/18
to yuidoc
I solved this issue myself. The problem occured because I ran the command "yuidoc ." from too high in my filesystem: It was finding conflicting issues in my Jasmine tests. The Jasmine tests seemed to win if a class name was close to their spy class name.

The solution was to add the Jasmine-related folders to the exclude field in the yuidoc.json, along with any other folders I did not want documented:

"options": {

        "exclude": "jasmine,jmol,jsmol"

    }

Sped up my doc build times too.