Extend a custom theme?

Edan Schwartz

Feb 7, 2014, 11:40:10 AM2/7/14
to yui...@googlegroups.com

I know that you can extend the built in default theme by overriding template files. I'm wondering if it's possible to do the same, but extending a custom theme other than default.

Use case:
There a handful of open-source YUIDoc themes on the internets. Some of them provide a better baseline for my project than the default theme. However, I would still like to add my own tweaks. As it stands, my only option for doing this is to fork the custom theme, and tweak its source. Forking the theme means that it would have to live outside of the rest of my code base, which is not ideal. I would prefer to keep the original custom theme clean, and add my own adjustments on top of it.

Possible usage:

Could the "themedir" yuidoc.json options be an array? Something like:

{

"options": {

"themedir": ["themes/customTheme", "theme/customTheme-extended"]

}
}