Yuicompresor Linux Problem

Javier Otero

Jul 16, 2015, 5:07:53 PM7/16/15
to yuicom...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

First of all, sorry for my English :P

I have a problem using the yuicompressor library.

I work in a java web project and I use Yui to compress the javascript files.

When I generate my war from a Windows machine all works fine but when I do it from Linux I have a problem.

It depends on the library version I use. There are two different situations (int both cases I use jdk 1.7):

  •  Using library versions 2.3.6, 2.4.2, 2.4.6 and 2.4.7 when I compress the js files, the library replace some "}" for "} get". For example:
function test_function(){
alert("hello");
}

Is compressed this way:

function test_function(){alert("hello")}get }

So, when I try to load this javascript file in the browser I get a malformed javascript error.

  • Using library version 2.4.8, when I try to compress the js file I get this error:
bad language version 170

As I say at the beginning of this post, this problem only appear when I generate my war in Linux, but not in Windows...

After a few days  looking for a solution no longer know where to go.

Appreciate your help.

Regards from Spain ;)