Short stories.

Matt

May 10, 2010, 8:27:39 PM5/10/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
I thought it might be a good idea to place an area for short( 2-3
paragraphs to 1 page) stories for people that aren't comfortable with
writing long stories. It'd also be a good way to get more writers
started.

I'll, as always, give an example.

Yukkuri family and the first spring..
___________________________

In a peaceful forest, a small valley hidden away high in the
mountains, there is a small yukkuri clan, with a big Dosu Chasing off
the strong animals, and the others gathering food or taking care of
the little ones.

"Big shis! Reimyu ish helwping Eajy!"

A small Reimu, little more than a day old is carrying a small berry
with it's braids.

"Little Sis! That's Marisha's job! Jusht wait Eajy! Marisa will get
sho much food, we'll need a new Eajy place to hold ich all!"

A larger Marisa, single braid pointing at the small Reimu.

"Big Shis ish Gweat!(X4)

In a hollow tree on the edge of the little yukkuri village, there
lives the most common of yukkuri families a papa Marisa and a mama
Reimu, and five koyukkuris, one Marisa, all that remains of their
first stalk of children and four baby Reimu's, born just the day
before. It is their first spring, and Papa and big sis will hunt,
while Mama and the babies watch over the house.

This is big sis' first hunt. She'll learn to carry things in her hat,
the safe places to find food.

Far for the touch of humans, out of reach of other yukkuri, the Forest
high in the mountains can be loving and it can be cruel, but this is
but a snapshot of the idle days.

End.

Like that. I picked a natural setting, but what you pick is up to you.
Every one is welcome to post. In fact I encourage it.

Tinweasel

May 10, 2010, 9:24:54 PM5/10/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Short shots are a fun way to waste time. Let's go!

**********

"Let me show you my field," the farmer said.

The reporter followed behind the old man, her pencil scratching
halfheartedly at a steno pad. /The old man was haggard,/ she wrote, /
plainly exhausted from hours of painstaking labor. The kind we don't
do in cities anymore./

"It's a silver lining that you came out here now, miss," the farmer
said, "but clouds are clouds. We tried to give those little pests a
chance to live and let live, but..."

The fence posts had been toppled, earth dug out from around the base
to make them fall. A pink hat lay half-smashed beneath them, holes
shredded in it by the many closely-spaced strands of barbed wire that
lay stretched between the posts. /Cunning little beasts, for sure,/
went the writing on the pad. /Cunning because they figured out that
the far side of the fence posts didn't have any wire, and would make a
safe bridge. Beasts because they left their own to die under the
falling fence./

"Look at all those crumbly holes in the ground," the farmer said.
"Look at all the plants the yukkuris broke. That was weeks of work,
and this was just the field with the fast growers. I don't even want
to think about what'll happen if they get to the wheat or the corn."

/Which, in the end,/ the pencil scratched, /is why most of the village
picked up shovels and pitchforks, and why they're following that boy's
directions to the village of bouncing heads. It's only in cities that
the damage yukkuris do isn't to your friends and family./

The farmer looked over the journalist's shoulder and smiled. "I like
your style, missy," he told her. "You go give those yukkuri-rights
idiots a face full of hell."

Poweryoga

May 11, 2010, 12:46:14 AM5/11/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
"The left flank can't hold! We need to retreat, ze!"
"Mukyuuu!!! Negative!! Hold your position!"

Patchouli screamed to the sergeant, before resuming her screaming into
the radio for reinforcements and supplies.

They had been holding this bombed out easy place for the past 3 days.
The last radio transmission that came in yelled about mister tank
before going silent. Marisa had came to Patchouli in a rain of fire,
requesting permission to retreat.

A small squad of yukkuris that were sent to hold the whole entire 12
mile line. There were so few of them that they only had 10 yukkuris
per mile. If there was indeed an armored assault coming their way,
the line would crumble into dust. They had no anti-tank guns, they
barely had enough ammo for infantry fire.

Mister human's infantry yukkuri had come in ferociously, with mister
bang-bangs and big giant suii-cars they later found out were called
"mister tanks". But this was their forest, their land, and they will
defend it to the last yukkuri if they needed to. Over the course of
the past year and half, they had captured enough enemy equipment to
reverse engineer the technology, and had in turn started to mass
produce their own mister-bang-bangs and mister tanks. But supply
lines were long and there weren't enough red-pepper pellets to go
around. Every other yukkuri were given mister bang-bangs and every
other yukkuri were given mister pellets

When the yukkuri before you died, you picked up their mister-bang bang
and start firing.

Sergent Marisa, a veteran of the war in the past year and half,
mumbled to herself as she dragged her wounded leg back to her fox
hole, dodging machine gun fire and firing back a few times. A sudden
rumble in the distance stopped Marisa in her tracks.

A column of shiny new mister tanks rolled over the hill in the
distance, a sea of yukkuris following close behind. Marisa had read
about them earlier in the week.

"MISTER PANTHER---"

The panther tank fired a high explosive round into the foxhole, and
Marisa disappeared in a flash of light and bean paste.

The defensive line crumbled. The yukkuris' valiant efforts wasted and
will never be remembered.

[Epilogue]

"YUGYAA MISTER PANTHER TANK GO AWAY--"
"PUFF!! Reimu will get angry!!"
"Yugyaa-"
"Yugiii---"
"Shoot at Reimu, ze!! Marisa is escaping easy! Slowly... Slowly..."

Matt

May 11, 2010, 12:45:03 PM5/11/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Good job guys.

Tiny Marisa is found.
__________________________________

"Fwood! Maricha's fwood! Gwive ich bwack eajy!"

Baby Marisa is a premature koyukkuri, no bigger than the end of a
man's pinky, the only surviving sister of a stalk that the parents
knocked off. Tiny hat to small too float on, braid too short to carry
things, there's no way she will survive the winter without help.

"What..The hell is wrong with this thing?"

Mister is the owner of the house that the Marisa slipped into.

"Hisss!"

That's mister's cat, hissing at the tiny yukkuri. Bending down, mister
picks up the tiny Marisa, dropping it in the cup on the counter.

"Yuwaahh! Maricha's Foot-foot hurts!"

The short fall, no more than a four or five inches, left the tiny
yukkuri in much pain, but, fortunately for it, there is no wound.

"Hmm... This thing is weird looking and tiny. Maybe it's the chihuahua
of yukkuri?"

A light bulb seemed to go off above mister's head.

"I've got it! I'll raise this thing and breed it! It'll be the new toy
pet!"

Thus begins Mister's adventures in making a malformed yukkuri popular.

Ohai

May 11, 2010, 1:46:26 PM5/11/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Did this while waiting for a torrent. Enjoy!

A quiet day turned wrong.

"...yububububu..."
"YUPLEH"
"YUGII"
Heh. Annoying little...
"YUNYAAAAAAA!!!"
I got my lighter out.
"Mwommie... I wanch choo wub-wu- Yuwaiii! Its like flyin- YUAAAAAAA?!
WEIMUS MIZZDDER FEED-FEED? IT HURDS?!"
"Die easy! Stop making Reimu's cute little sisters feel hurt-hurt! YU-
*Crush*
"It's like flying in the sky! Mister wall please move!!!" *splat*

Ah, what a fine day, I thought to myself. Walking in the park in
spring is so relaxing.
After a lot of examinations, some projects and three all-nighters (one
of which was my last), I set this day aside for some R&R time.

I sat down on a park bench and pulled out my netbook from my bag.

Seems that no one mails me something, if ever anything. Ah, heck, I'll
just go read some doujins and listen to B**App**...

"Yuyu! Take it easy!"
"Give us some sweets mister!"
"YUU!!"
"This is a sneaking mission, ze! Slowly, slowly, slowly~"
"Schitty mister chould die eajy! Den geeb us dewichiouch sweech-
sweech!"
"Yuu... Maricha is hungwy..."
"Marisa is getting angry! PUFFFFFF!!"
"Die easy! Die easy!"

Persistent little buggers... What an eyesore... How'd these things
even became to be, anyways...
I was lost in my train of thought.
Suddenly...

"YUYU!!!"

Fwap.
Splat.
The sneaking Marisa lunged for my open netbook and slammed at the
right-hand corner of the screen, making it fall. It crushed 3
koyukkuris, a Marisa and two Reimus.

"YUWAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

Okay... that got my attention.

I was surrounded by twentyorso Yukkuris. About 6 of them were the size
of a normal basketball, the others were smaller (size of a golfball).

The yukkuris weretrying to find the source of the scream, only to find
three of their kind crushed under a "mister noisy noisy". "MY
BABIEZZZZZZ!!!"

One of the adult yukkuris jumped and slammed on the screen, breaking
glass in the process. Another made it to the keyboard and did the same
thing, keys flying everywhere...

"THIS IS PUNISHMENT!" "Punish easy!" "Yuu! Punich eajy!"

SHIT. This day quickly turned sour.

BECAUSE OF THESE... THESE...

I snapped. These shitheads are gonna pay. I grabbed and put the now-
crushed computer in my bag.

Looks like a cliffhanger, don't you think?

And, feel free to point out mistakes and errors concerning my work.

Matt

May 11, 2010, 1:56:08 PM5/11/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Well, the only thing I can say as far as corrections go is more of a
personal preference, spelling out the numbers makes it flow better.

Yeah, those yukkuri brought that on themselves.

Three

May 11, 2010, 1:56:22 PM5/11/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Churned this out in a couple hours. Weee.

****
The phone rang. “Mr. Johnson, Easy Park’s management has some matters
to discuss with you.”

“What? I paid for last month didn’t I?”

“Yes, sir, you did.”

“Then what’s the problem?”

“Why don’t you come in and we’ll discuss this. What time would work
for you?”

Easy Park wasn’t actually a park. Instead it was more like a
combination greenhouse, daycare and pet store. For yukkuri owners with
small apartments or busy lives, Easy Park was a Godsend. Here was a
place where pet yukkuri could play and socialize with minimal harm.

“Glad you could make it today, Mr. Johnson. Please, take a seat.”

“What’s the problem?”

The Park’s director took a deep breath. He didn’t look happy to say
what was next. “We’ve received complaints about your behavior at Easy
Park.”

“What? But my Alice is a gold badge. She’s behaved perfectly.”

“Yu! Alice is so city-sect!” Mr. Johnson had brought his pet Alice
along in a padded carrier. The director smiled at the yukkuri warmly.

“Yes. You’re quite city-sect, Alice. Ahem. Mr. Johnson, it’s your
behavior I’m talking about. Several of our members have accused you of
abuse.”

“I don’t get what you’re talking about.”

“I see you don't understand. We went through our records to find the
reported incident. Just for confirmation, let’s review the tape.”

The director turned his monitor so the two of them could both watch.
It was video shot from the cameras in the building’s Sunshine Room.
The room was carpeted, the furniture short and with rounded edges.
Everything was brightly colored and lit. In the middle of the room
three yukkuris tried to balance a ball on stacked blocks. There was no
sound.

Mr. Johnson entered, carrying his gold-badge Alice. The three yukkuris
turned and began bouncing up and down. Mr. Johnson walked to the
center, pushed the three away from the blocks and grabbed the ball.
One was struck by a tumbling block as the man pushed another away from
trying to recover the ball. While he played catch with Alice the three
yukkuris tried to join in, pushed away with greater force until giving
up and huddling together in a corner.

“So? They were bronze badges. They were in my way.”

“They were testing for silver that week. Their owners had to cancel
the examinations so their pets could recover from the stress.”

“Still bronze and I’m not letting borderline trash close to my Alice
unsupervised. I don't see what I did. It’s in your rules, after all.”

“Mr. Johnson, while you may technically be in the right about your
actions, Easy Park does not condone that attitude. Those rules are in
place to prevent badge-related conflict. In addition, members are to
report issues with other yukkuri, not take action themselves. That is
also in our rules." The director readjusted the monitor. Those owners
have threatened to cancel their memberships unless action is taken;
we've refunded their testing deposits but others are coming forward.”

“I don’t see how that’s my problem, director.”

“We’ve received similar complaints over the last few months of
borderline yukkuri abuse and creating of a stressful environment, but
hadn’t had a name to go with it. I’m starting to suspect the two may
be related.”

“Are you accusing me?”

“Easy Park is marking your account, Mr. Johnson. Until this matter has
been resolved, I’m afraid you’ll be under close supervision.”

“What? I don’t need this bullshit. I’m canceling my membership.”

“If that’s how you feel. Just notify accounts receivables on your way
out and we’ll refund next month’s fees.”

With a muttered curse, Mr. Johnson picked up the carrier and left. The
director frowned and made some notes. As they headed for the exit, the
gold-badge yukkuri spoke up. “Alice wants to say hello to Chen1 Please
can we see Chen?”

“Shut up.”

“Why would you say thaaaat!”

aozf05

May 12, 2010, 2:00:25 AM5/12/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
This might be a bit long for a short story.

---------

"What's this!?"

I came home to find my house in ruins. I searched the house for the
culprits which I found sleeping on the remains of my blanket and
pillow: A father Marisa, a pregnant mother Reimu (mammalian
pregnancy), 2 koReimus, and a koMarisa, a normal family. I searched
the rest of the house for damages. My brand new computer was now just
a pile of scrap metal covered in bean paste and sugar water. The
yukkuris had managed to open the fridge and had eaten everything in
it. The freezer was still full though. It seemed a little yukkuri
had gotten in and frozen to death pretty quickly. Papers had been
thrown everywhere. The couch cushions in the living room had been
ripped to shreds....

But more importantly, the house invaders were sleeping peacefully over
there. It was time for pay back.

I woke the yukkuris by dropping a book to the floor. They all
jumped. As soon as Marisa got her bearings she noticed me.

"This is Marisa and family's yukkuri place! Give us sweet-sweets then
leave slowly!"

The usual trash-yukkuri greeting. I smiled and picked up Marisa.

"It's like flying in the sky! Hey, what are you doing!? Put Marisa
down and give us sweet-sweets then get lost! Or else Marisa will get
angry and do puff-puff! PUFF-PYUGYAAAA ID HURDSSS!!!!"

I started by ripping out chunks of Marisa's hair, starting with her
braid. I took my time to let the pain sink in. When there wasn't
much hair left, I proceeded to pull out her teeth, one by one.
Thankfully she was too busy screaming in pain and possibly too stupid
to realize she could bite down on my hand. When there were no more
teeth, I stuck my finger in her eye and twisted it around. It
exploded immediately. I decided to eat the other one, which came out
with a 'pop'. It was like a delicious, sugar-coated lollipop. Yum!

All the while her family watched. But they seemed more angry than
scared. How stupid of them.

I finished by ripping Marisa's "foot" off then dropped her to the
floor. Her family crowded around.

"yu...yu....yu-yu...."
"Heh. Broken already?"
"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAAAAAT!?"
"DWADDIE!!"
"Wick-wick!"
"Mishter! Heal dwaddie then leave slowly!" said a little koReimu.

I picked up this koReimu.
"GIBE BACK MY LIDDLE ONE!!"
"WIDDLE SHIS!!"
"Yuu! It'sh like fwying in da grgrleg!?"
I'd stuck my knuckle in little Reimu's mouth.
"Do you really think a little piece of shit manju like you can order
me around? You think you can just waltz into people's homes and
declare them yours? I'm bigger and smarter than you. DID YOU SEE
WHAT I DID TO THAT PATHETIC BEAN PASTE BUN YOU CALL A FATHER!! I can
do so much worse than that. People everywhere are doing worse than
that. Ever heard of the Factory?" They started pissing. "No amount
of 'puff-puffing' will make any human listen to you! No one gives a
damn about you! We're not your slaves! You're our toys! Shitty
little manjus!"

And then I turned her inside out.

"Here, you wanted your little one back?" I smiled.
"YUGYAAAAA!!! LIDDLE ONE ANSWER MEEE!!!"
"wick-wick!"

Now they were scared. I kicked in mother Reimu's stomach. Bean paste
poured from her mamu-mamu.

"The unborn little one...!"

And then I thrust my fist into her mamu-mamu and crushed whatever was
in there for good measure.

"aah...ah...little....one....yugu...ta...ke..it eas....ea....easy..."

Is this one broken already too? What weak-minded parents. Oh well.
One koReimu and one koMarisa left. I took Marisa's hat and said, "Hey
look Reimu! A yukkuri that can't take it easy!"

"That won't fool me! Marisa is Marisa! Marisa is Reimu's little
sis!"
"Is that so?"

I picked up the inside-out little sister, put Marisa's hat on it, and
shoved her into big sis Reimu's mouth and then made her do chewing
motions and swallow.

"Look Marisa! Big sis Reimu ate your hat and little sis Reimu!"
"YUGYAA! Marisha's amajing hat! Gibe it back je!"
"But Mister made Reimu eat it!"
"A yukkuri that eats other yukkuris and steals accessories is a
yukkuri that can't take it easy!" said Marisa.
And she started attacking. But it was useless. With her bigger body,
Reimu was easily able to kill her little sister, who was stomped into
oblivion.

"haa...haa...I did it! I killed the yukkuri that couldn't take it
easy!"
"Good, good. Here's your prize meal!" and I gestured towards her
broken parents.
"But that's mommy and daddy. I can't eat mommy and daddy!"
Good to see she was still sane.
"Then get out!"
And then I left young Reimu and her now dead parents outside to
survive in the streets alone. I hope this was a lesson to her about
'Mister Humans'.

Tea

May 12, 2010, 11:04:55 AM5/12/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
It's a lazy sunday morning.
Just coming up on 9:59.

Mister is still soundly asleep, but in a minute or two it'll be time
for him to wake up. He used to have trouble dragging himself out of
bed on the mornings, but now, thanks to a recommendation from a friend
he's found a solution.

"Yuu...yuuueeee...!"
"Hwelp mwe.... eri...in....!"
"*Cough* Mukyu... *Cough* jish doeshn't look like an eashy place!"

Next to the bed, there's a strange looking device. It looks a little
bit like those slot candy dispensers, but quite a bit bigger. At the
bottom, where the candy would come out of a normal dispenser, it
instead consists of a small funnel, leading into three, small see-
through compartments. They're plain and see-through, apart from a
metal plate at the bottom. Every day, four yukkuris are rolled out
from the container at the top and into these compartments.

2 Kaguyas, for nutrition. A patchouli to mix into your morning coffee.
A Chen-Ran hybrid, similar to chocolate covered rice cereal.

"Pwease... dun do misder beep-beep!"
"Mukyu~n... running out of mishter chime!"
"Yuuuuueeeee~ Cand dage id eashy!!!"
"I dun ged id~ I dun geeeeddd iddd!!!"

Of course, as this happens every day, the yukkuris know that something
bad is going to happen, even if they haven't witnessed it directly.
The screams and smell of roasted manju are enough. Oh, god heavens!
Look at the time!

10:00AM
[BEEP!][BEEP!][BEEP!]

The alarm set off. It's time to wake up! The yukkuris immediately
started crying and screaming from the loud noise- not only that, but
what the noise means. The container at the top started shaking, as
well. No doubt the scene inside it is absolutely magnificent, but it's
a shame we can't see into it. The metal plates immediately switched
on, and heated up in no time.

"YUUUUEEEEEEE!!! SWAVE MWEEE EIRIN~!!!"
"MUKYUUUUUUUUUUUUU----"
"YUGBUUUUUYEEEEEE!!! ID BURRRRRNSSSS!!!!"
"YUAAAAA~ I DUN GEDDDD IDDD~ HOOOOOOOOT!!"

The metal plates are made out of non-stick materials in order to
prevent the roasted manju clinging, breaking when being lifted to eat
and being messy. Nobody needs the hassle of cleaning in the morning!
All these yukkuris are special breed, too. The vomiting behaviour has
been removed, so they can't create a mess like that either. Although
yukkuris taste exactly like normal foods, they don't have any of the
health consequences (How? Who knows? MAGIC?), which has made them an
extremely poplar convenient and tasty food.

"Ahhhh..."

Mister stirred out of bed.

"It looks like today's gonna be a great day..."
[BEEP!][BEEP!]
"Hmm? It's done already!"
*Click*[Good morning - please enjoy a healthy breakfast and a good
day]

"y...u..........er...i...n...."
"..."
"jus....wan....eashy...."
"y..u....haEauU....aAAeE...."

Always have a healthy and fulfilling breakfast to start your day!

Poweryoga

May 12, 2010, 12:12:06 PM5/12/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Great little stories!! Keep up the good work. :)

Poweryoga

May 12, 2010, 12:22:56 PM5/12/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Double post:

@aozf

I actually wrote a similar story a while ago, focusing on a home
invasion story that featured the rare uu-box. :D

I never got around to finishing it though, but if people are
interested I can post up a few pages and see what people think.

Matt

May 12, 2010, 1:23:53 PM5/12/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
We're always interested. Always.

Matt

May 17, 2010, 2:19:02 PM5/17/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Sense of self.

It seems like a simple thing, but is it really?

A tiny figure pondered this, sitting next to a much larger form for
warmth in a large cave. It had been born a yukkuri, slow, simple, and
horribly arrogant. A Marisa type.

Now, all yukkuri have a vague semblance to the person the are modeled
after, with the bad traits geared toward the extreme.

Reimu Hakurei, for example, is rude, lazy, and a bit selfish. On the
other had she's naturally talented, kind hearted, and treats humans
and youkai equally.

Marisa Kirisame is self-serving, over competitive and very dense.
She's also hard working, inquisitive and friendly.

This small figure was born a Marisa type, witch's hat and a braid,
nothing to define her from her same type sisters. This had changed
with the loss of her hat, the near instant abandonment by her parents
and sisters had driven her far from other yukkuri and she happened
upon a swordsman. At first the little koyukkuri was frightened, as the
man was large and imposing, but with the sharing of food and the
company of the first thing that could talk back in days, the hatless
koyukkuri soon warmed up to the wanderer, and they spent their days
together. The man practicing and the yukkuri watching. The yukkuri
discovered friendship beyond the self-serving nature of yukkuri.

Then came the change. The first was the little yukkuri's desire to
move like the man, with arms and legs and a supernatural grace. This
desire saw the birth of a great hunger, at the end of which, the
little yukkuri was much larger, and the creation of a small body. The
little yukkuri discovered the desire to learn, and overcame her need
to put everything below her.

Days later the little body of paste still could not keep up with the
man, and he told her that only bodies of flesh and blood benefited
from hard work, and the change came again when hard work overcame her
denseness.

Day later still, the little yukkuri, who no longer resembled a
yukkuri, gained a desire for her own name, for she was not Marisa
Kirisame. She was herself, the yukkuri who had become a youkai under
the tutelage of the sage of the mountain, and he named her Nodoka.

And the saint of the sword who had become the youkai sage gained a
hard working, inquisitive and friendly child.

Three

May 17, 2010, 10:13:25 PM5/17/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
“Twelve! The answer is twelve! Reimu knows the answer!” The cantaloupe-
sized Reimu jumped up and down on her pillow, braids flapping with
excitement. Catching the light, her silver badge flashed.

“Whoa there Rem! You’ll spill your drink!” Sure enough, the table was
shaking and the contents of Reimu’s cup threatening to splash over the
edge.

The yukkuri stopped bouncing and looked at her owner with a frown.
“Reimu is sorry. But Reimu is excited she knows the answer!”

He chuckled and ruffled Reimu’s hair. “Sure you do. Let’s watch and
see if you’re right.” Together they watched as the yukkuri on the
screen, an Alice type, used a stick to point out the correct card on
the table. Then after putting the stick down carefully, the yukkuri
said the number, counted up to it and back down to zero. After a
moment’s pause, the testing official offscreen clapped and the smiling
Alice was carried to the next table of cards by her owner.

It was the Yun-Yah Corporation’s Badge Examinations, broadcast
annually. Mister and his silver Reimu were watching the tests, Mister
with his beer and popcorn and Reimu with her orange juice. This Alice
was the fifth yukkuri to be tested so far, and the second to make it
to numbers. Previous applicants had included a Marisa that tried to
fight in the socialization phase, a Chen that wouldn’t stop puffing at
the testing official and a Patchouli that gave birth on the obstacle
course.

“Yu! Reimu was right!” The yukkuri began to bounce again, caught a
glance from her owner and stopped.

“Right you are, Rem. Here.” The owner refilled Reimu’s cup and put a
handful of popcorn next to it.

“Camel corn! Mister is so nice! Thank you Mister!” He tried to correct
her, but the yukkuri was already engrossed in the treat and the test’s
next phase. Here the Alice was given questions about city life, such
as behavior in shops or how to call for help if the owner was ill.

“Green means go! Stay away from dogs! Give list to Mister Storeman and
say please!” As Reimu answered each question correctly (or close
enough), so did the Alice. At the end, the testers spoke together,
tallying up the yukkuri’s actions. Not only was knowledge scored, so
was behavior. A yukkuri that answered every question right but made a
mess or was rude rarely made it to Gold status.

This time, the Alice made it. A few points were deducted for attitude
(it had refused to listen to the tester at first) and clumsiness
(twice during the block-stacking the yukkuri had put the smallest
blocks on the bottom). Again the testing officials clapped as the
owner clipped the shiny golden badge on a beaming Alice.

“When will Reimu get a gold badge?” Reimu finished picking kernels off
the table and looked at her owner.

“The money’s still a little tight. Maybe next year, okay?”

“Yu…okay Mister. Can we play with cards now? Reimu wants to be ready!”

Matt

May 18, 2010, 2:00:53 AM5/18/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
I know that I wrote a story here earlier. Why hasn't it shown up?

Three

May 18, 2010, 2:40:30 AM5/18/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
@Matt. Weird. Could it be your connection freaked out while uploading?
That or it got marked as spam I suppose.

I can't stop writing these things.

--------------------------------------
Last week I found a family of yukkuris in my garage, the most pitiful
yukkuris I had ever seen. The parent was a bedraggled Alice, one eye
frozen shut and the accessory ripped and dirty. The koyukkuris, two
Alices and a Marisa, were just as dirty and damaged. They didn’t move
with the vigor I had seen in friends’ yukkuris; they barely had the
strength to flop out of their mother’s mouth and huddle closer to each
other for warmth.

“Mawiza is hungy…” “Alich wanch munch-munch.” “Where ish Daaa?”

“Garage is not city-sect, but is warm. Alice knows little ones are
hungry. Stay here, Mommy will find food.” The babies gave muted cries
of agreement and tried to rub against their mother. I could see her
wince as they gave up in seconds.

From my vantage point, I watched as the Alice began searching. She
moved with painful slowness, favoring one side of her foot. I kept
silent as she checked the workbench, under the car and among my still-
wet boots. With each potential hiding place, her expression became
more desperate. Then the Alice noticed me, standing at the doorway
between house and garage. Her reaction was one of horror.

“Little ones get back in Mommy’s mouth! Mister Human is here!” The
koyukkuris started to cry out, weakly “yu”-ing and trying to roll for
safety. The Alice herself tried to pick up the pace and hop, but
couldn’t hop without pain.

“Hey, take it easy.” The younger Alices and Marisa gave a weak “Eajy!”
while the mother stopped and started to respond.

“Take it- nooo! Alice is so sorry! Alice and little ones will leave
Mister’s easy place!” The whole situation was sad. I had experienced
my share of wild yukkuris breaking in and claiming my place as their
own. This Alice was not like the others, demanding food and service. I
didn’t know how it had gotten through the storm outside to here, but
it had. And the experience had utterly broken the Alice. It would
rather die outside than fight.

I didn’t keep yukkuris, but sometimes I’d watch them for a friend.
There was a bag of food from last time, sitting in arms’ reach of the
door. Alongside that were bowls and a worn blanket. I grabbed these
and returned to the garage.

The Alice had reached the kos and was trying to get them into her
mouth. They wriggled and flopped, trying to crawl up her tongue but
failing. As I stepped closer and closer, her movements became more
frantic. She was trying to pick up kos with her teeth and swallow
them; any longer and I’m sure she would have injured her children.

Reaching in carefully, I pulled a motionless baby from her mouth and
set it in the bowl, followed by its siblings. They “yu”-ed and stared
at me with frightened eyes, but didn’t have the energy for anything
else. It was alarming how cold they felt to the touch.

“What is Mister doing with Alice’s babieeeees. Give them baaaack.” The
Alice was nudging my leg as I shielded the bowl from her. Picking her
up in the blanket was tricky, but after a few seconds’ of wrestling I
had the Alice and the koyukkuris safely in my arms. “Mrphhh! Mrphhh!”

Onwards into the kitchen, where yukkuris went into the sink for
safekeeping. The Alice was kept wrapped in the blanket, the darkness
calming her down. Out came more bowls, food processor, orange juice
and the bag of yukkuri food: dry bite-sized chunks (for a yukkuri).
Blended with juice, it made a nice paste, perfect for a syringe.

“Here.” Carefully I picked up each koyukkuri and squeezed a little of
the mixture into the mouth. Finished with them, I moved to the mother,
now also too weak to resist. Several more times I repeated the
process, checking to see if the yukkuris had absorbed their meal and
adding a little more. By the time the food was gone, the yukkuris had
begun to show a little more life. The kos’ temperatures were up, and
the Alice was starting to revive.

I didn’t have any cages big enough to hold the whole group, or even
just the Alice. So I did the next best thing: put them in the unused
closet beneath the stairs. In with them went a couple blankets and a
shallow water dish, placed in one corner. Barricading the door with a
chair, I tried to sleep again.

Hopefully in the morning, things would turn out.

Toawa

May 18, 2010, 2:42:11 AM5/18/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
I saw one from you; the making of a bodied yukkuri was it? You know, if
you mail into the list, it doesn't bounce it back to you, it just sends
it to everyone else...

Matt

May 18, 2010, 3:26:55 AM5/18/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
So you guys can see them? I sure as hell can't.

Three

May 18, 2010, 3:32:02 AM5/18/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
The last story of yours I see is the one with the Marisa, the
swordsman and her getting a body.

Matt

May 18, 2010, 3:36:31 AM5/18/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Yeah, You guys are defiantly seeing my posts. Has this happened to
anyone else before? I can't see the posts I make, but I know that they
are here because you've replied to them.

Matt

May 18, 2010, 3:42:49 AM5/18/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Hey! I can see this one!

Still can't see the story I posted though.

Toawa

May 18, 2010, 3:47:21 AM5/18/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
If you post if directly via Google Groups, then you'll get it in the mail. If you post by mailing to the list, you will not get a copy.

Matt

May 18, 2010, 3:53:29 AM5/18/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
I AM posting it directly to the group. I shouldn't have to sift
through my e-mail to read the group.

Tea

May 18, 2010, 8:41:47 AM5/18/10
On May 18, 8:36 am, Matt <Mattwea...@live.com> wrote:
> Yeah, You guys are defiantly seeing my posts. Has this happened to
> anyone else before? I can't see the posts I make, but I know that they
> are here because you've replied to them.

Yeah, it's happened to me. Usually they show up within an hour though,
or at the very max a day.

Matt

May 18, 2010, 2:32:34 PM5/18/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
The story finally showed up, so I guess I'll stop worrying about it.

Moeman

May 18, 2010, 11:10:52 PM5/18/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
I thought I'd add something, but all I can come up with relates to
ideas for longer stories I have.

Well, here's a prequel that would have never happened otherwise!

---
Marisa stared at the pile of bean paste. "It happened again da
ze. . ."

Once again a member of the clan had vanished. It only provoked mild
curiosity among the others, who just assumed they were taking it easy
somewhere. Marisa was the only one who seemed to actually notice the
piles of bean paste, much less make the connection. The other yukkuri
just shied away from that area, with a faint sense that there's an
uneasy smell in the area. The fact that these piles had faces and many
stalks growing from them sent a clear and terrible message.

Marisa knew what was happening. But it decided to keep this troubling
news from the others. Firstly, the other yukkuri wouldn't be able to
take it easy if they knew. Also, it would be dangerous if the culprit
knew Marisa had it figured out. Finally, the first yukkuri that should
be reported to is the elder Patchouli, who Marisa was sure couldn't
take the shock well.

"Patchy has too much to worry about! Marisa will find out who does
this!" Without knowing it, This Marisa was well on it's way to
doshood.

Marisa took it really easy during the day. So much that Patchouli
scolded it a little for not collecting enough for winter. But Marisa
decided that finding the killer was more important work. Having rested
during the day, Marisa watched from the bushes at night.

Just as Marisa suspected, one of the Alices in the clan was secretly a
rapist. It's chosen victim, a Reimu was waiting in Alice's "super easy
place to see the stars." It was surprised when Alice suddenly appeared
and began refreshing.

"Ah!"
"Refreshed!"
"A, Again?"
"No more!"
"Zdob iid!"
"Wanded do dage id. . ."

Satisfied, it left, and Marisa left for home once Alice was safely out
of range.

Marisa decided to watch Alice carefully, and paired itself up with
Alice for foraging. Alice found Marisa's company enjoyable, and was
fully unaware of Marisa's true intention. Alice unwittingly trapped
itself when it invited Marisa to a "secret easy place."

Patchy had already noticed the decline in the clan's population. It
was relived when it was asked to witness a more trivial matter. Marisa
traded hats with another Marisa. the other Marisa was envious of the
popularity This Marisa had gained for it's hard work. It accepted the
trade without another thought. This was to be a secret only to the two
Marisas and Patchouli.

Told of it's "date" with Alice, The Marisa eagerly became bait. When
Alice struck, the truth became clear. The shock caused Patchouli to
vomit, but being able to catch the culprit immediately prevented a
potentially deadly uneasiness.

Once Patchouli realized this was the cause for the rapid population
decline, Alice was stopped, and stalks were broken in the process. The
Shocked Marisa demanded the hats be changed back, and Alice was
detained.

It was decided that an appropriate punishment would be the same fate
as Alice's victims. In the morning Alice was presented to the clan,
refreshed by both Marisa and Patchy, and left at the mercy of the
clan. Alice began to flee, Making a desperate dash toward the paths of
mister humans, hoping for anything that might happen. Escape as other
yukkuri stop frightened, or even a swift death at human hands.

The first two stalks were still beginning to form as Alice was caught.
Alice was stopped at the side of a dirt path, no humans in sight. Some
gave up chase, but Alice was forcefully refreshed several times before
being left for dead. Not having taken vulnerable shape until Alice was
immobilized, the first two stalks started to form healthily.

Matt

May 19, 2010, 4:17:18 PM5/19/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Hmm, I really like three's story. It'd be interesting to see it
continued.

Three

May 19, 2010, 10:40:55 PM5/19/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
@Moeman
Interesting story, just a bit confusing. So the vigilante Marisa
switched hats so it could be alone with the rapist Alice? Crafty.

@Matt
Thanks, I left it very open-ended. Might try and continue it if I can
solidify some ideas.

And now, another story. Instead of being productive.
-------------------------------
“Do you have it?” He spoke in a loud whisper, trying not to be heard
by passer-by.

“Uh uh. What is the phrase?” His companion waggled a finger in his
face. Unlike him, she didn’t speak with a whisper. In fact, she spoke
a little too loud for his comfort, even with the speakers blaring. Her
words were also slurred, and sweat traced the outline of a scar going
from her temple to chin.

“Um…yuku- yukkuri shiteitte ne?” He stumbled over the unfamiliar
words, wondering what they meant. She however only smiled and extended
a hand.

“Good, now we can talk.” The slurring disappeared. “Follow me.”

Out they went, through the kitchen, into a parking lot empty except
for a black sedan. As they approached, a thickset man exited the car,
glaring at the two. The woman barked something in another language and
the man pulled a pet carrier from the trunk.

He rubbed his hands nervously. “Is it in there? Can I look?”

She nodded. “Yes, it is in the carrier. It’s still sedated, but
wearing off soon. If we open it now, it will wake up and cause much
noise.”

“Okay. I guess. Wh-what about the badge?”

“Don’t worry, it is gold-trained. They have new encryption on badges;
we could not find solution in time. Now, where is other half of
payment?”

Hands shaking, he withdrew an envelope filled with bills of varying
denominations and handed it to her. With practiced ease she counted
the contents, selected a few bills and handed them back to him. "You
get refund, spend it on badge." With another barked command to her
companion, she took the carrier and handed it over.

“Here, your very own three-tailed Chen. I do not need to tell you we
never met, no? Farewell and pleasure doing business.”

The long ride home, he could barely restrain himself from peeking
inside the carrier. What if he had been tricked? But the soft snoring
reassured him. Once home, he rushed to the room set aside for his new
prize, filled with quality toys and accessories for yukkuris. With
shaking hands and a grin on his face, the man undid the many latches
and locks, pulling off the carrier’s lid to reveal-

“Shtupid Mister Human! Bwing Deibu sweet-sweetch! What are you?
Shtupid? Don’t tag id eajy and hurry!”

Matt

May 19, 2010, 11:17:34 PM5/19/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Oh man, the guy got trolled by and illegal yukkuri dealer of all
things? Lol.

Moeman

May 20, 2010, 7:58:07 AM5/20/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Here's some clarification of that point.

The vigil Marisa was watching Alice closely to catch it in the act
with it's next victim. Marisa itself turned out to be Alice's target.
The hat switch was so patchy could see what the Alice was doing
without the smart Marisa getting raped to death in the process.

The envious other Marisa wanted to be popular, so it gladly accepted
the identity swap, and was pleased to hear it already had a "date"
lined up with it's new identity. Naturally, it demanded it's old hat
and identity back after being nearly raped to death.

Moeman

May 20, 2010, 11:05:21 PM5/20/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Okay, here's something I was thinking of putting into a bigger story,
but it doesn't fit.

---
An Alice sat on the sidewalk as it's three very young babies, two
Marisas and another Alice, looked around curiously but fearfully as
their mother called out to passerby.

"Alice is trained! Alice's babies are very city-sect! Alice had a gold
mister badge! Please take Alice and babies as your pet! Alice's babies
are hungry! They haven't eaten anything since mister stalk! Please
take Alice and babies home!"

This was a very common scene. At the same time, what to do about the
problem was being discussed between yukkuri stores, pet yukkuri
owners, and the authorities on yukkuri badges. The gold badge yukkuri
were considered perfectly trained to the extent that they could be
trusted alone outside. But an alarmingly high rate of gold badge
yukkuri accepted stray or wild mates.

The reason seemed clear, as luxurious and safe the life of the typical
pet was compared to wild yukkuri, and especially urban strays, one
strong desire was left unmet. The companionship of a mate and the
resulting children. Even though the training was designed to convince
them that wild and stray yukkuri were not easy, gold badge yukkuri
would put their desire to refresh above their training.

This Alice was one of the many in this situation. Living in a
luxurious house on the edge of town, Alice fell for a wild yukkuri
from the nearby forest.

"Yu, come refresh with Marisa!"
"No! Mister will be angry! Mister might take away Alice's food, or
even throw Alice out!"
"You don't have to be afraid! the great Marisa will defeat the human,
ze! That slave will know his place, ze!"
"Go away! Don't talk about Mister like that!" *Puff!*
"Yuuuu? Alice mist have been tricked by the Mister human!"
"Yu?"
"Mister always gives Alice food, protects Alice, and cleans up after
Alice right?"
"Yes! Mister does all that! But Alice isn't supposed to make messes."
"See I knew it, ze! Mister human is tricking Alice into letting the
slave off easy!"
"But, Alice isn't sure!"
"Marisa will show you! Let's refresh, and for Alice and Alice's babies
Marisa will teach the slave respect!"

As Alice's thoughts turned to babies and refreshing, and the grand
promises of what Marisa called "A proper slave," Alice's resistance
wore down. The owner was suddenly met with an arrogant wild yukkuri,
And it's pet growing a stalk. Marisa was kicked out of the house into
the yard, and Alice pleaded for It's owner to show Marisa mercy. After
finishing off Marisa, The owner decided that a gold badge yukkuri that
is wiling to mate with wild yukkuri isn't worth keeping. When Alice
lingered on the lawn, it was kicked off the property. After landing on
the edge of the road, Alice climbed onto the sidewalk, where it knew
it would be safe from mister cars. Alice wasn't seriously injured, but
one of the four babies had been knocked off. Alice then set out for
the city, where it knew there were lots of mister humans, maybe one
that will take it's family in as pets.

It had been nearly two full days since the babies were born. Being
born the child of a high class pet, they seemed to have inherited
their parent's tastes, and refused what edible garbage their mother
had found. Though they were nearing starvation, they couldn't
understand why their mother wasn't providing the tasty foods they knew
from inherited memories.

One human stopped, he had been thinking of getting a yukkuri. is this
one's claims of having been gold certified were true, it might make a
decent pet barring whatever defect caused the owner to reject it.
"Take it easy"

The response was typical, the family responded in chorus. "Take it
easy!"
"So you had a gold badge?"
"Yes! Alice earned a mister gold badge! Alice will behave perfectly if
you take Alice's family!"
"And ober de shweet shweets ze!"
"Sowwy for bein soo cude!"
"Why would you say that! Mister humans won't take us if you're rude!
Do what mommy taught you!"
"Yu! Mawicha won't wisen to usewess mama who can'ch gib good fwood!"
"You should listen to her, I'm got giving you a home if you're rude."
"vorg ober da swee swee or go die!"
"Whyyy! Do what mommy taught you or we can't take it easy!"
"So you were trying to teach them?"
"Yes! Alice will teach them properly! Please give Alice a chance!"
"Maybe you haven't been teaching them the right way."
"Yu?"
"You have to be very firm with them, or they'll just ignore you. Watch
how I do it"

The human took out a small candy-coated chocolate. “Ask politely for
this”
“dat's Mawicha's! Gib it!”
“chut up and gib Mawicha mizder candy!”
“Mizter hooman, give candy to city-sect Awice!”
“That's not right, you don't get it.”

One of the Marisas tackled the man's shoe uselessly
“dis is punichment!”
“Die eajy!”

“So you're threatening me now? I'm going to show you real punishment.”
the man snatched the accessories of all the baby yukkuri. The mother
watched in silent shock. “Now you have to ask politely to get these
back” The little yukkuri didn't listen, and continued to threaten and
attack. “If you keep being rude, your accessories will meet mister
fire” This was something that registered faintly in the minds of the
babies. They knew it was something that couldn't take it easy, but the
feeling was only enough to cause a confused “Yu?” from them. He put
the accessories in his pocket.

The man picked up a small papery piece of unidentifiable garbage, took
out a lighter, and set fire to the scrap and dropped it for the
yukkuri to see. Next, to took out the accessories and held them over
the lighter. The baby yukkuri instinctively called forth some
humility.
“Pwease don burn mizder hairbannn!”
“Mawiza is zowwy!”
“Mawizza will doo anyding!”
“Good, now how do you properly ask for your accessories back?”

This breakthrough was not lost on the mother. “Babiies! Say “please
give it back!”” The baby yukkuri repeated the message, and the
accessories were returned. One of the Marisas regained its confidence
completely. “Now vork ober da swee-swee and die eajy!”

“You'll have to do this again then.” The little Marisa's hat was taken
again. “Mawicha aweady zaid id! Gibe id bagg and die eajy!”

“In that case, punishment.” The light was brought back, and little
Marisa's hat was set ablaze. “Mizder haad! Ged bedder! Wick-Wick!”
Licking the flames directly, it didn't take long for Marisa's tongue
to catch fire. Knowing only the pain of burning, it never even began
to think that closing it's burning tongue would smother the flames.
The fire spread to it's lips, it's face, and consumed until the baby
yukkuri was only a pile of ash.

“WHYYYYYYYY!” Screamed the mother. “This is the best way, they have to
be afraid of punishment or they won't learn.” Alice began pondering
this. “You still have two children, see how well they behave now?” The
man took the accessories from the remaining yukkuri. Immediately they
responded politely, although panicked at the same time.

“Bwease gib bag mizder haad!”
“Bwease gib bag mizder hairbaan!”

“That's very good,” replied the man, giving back the accessories.
“Because you did it right the first time, I'll give you a reward” Each
of the babies was given a candy-coated chocolate. The man turned to
the mother. “see how well that worked? Now, it rained the past few
days, so you have a safe place to stay tonight too right?” Alice
replied “Alice found mister box and put mister bag over it, but it's
not an easy place, please take Alice and babies home!” The man
answered. “You'll have to train your children first, I won't take rude
yukkuri, and I'm sure you don't want to abandon them. Stay in your box
one more time tonight, I'll give you this, use it to train them
properly.” Alice was handed the bag of candies the koyukkuri were fed.
“Mister candy! Alice understands! Will you pick Alice up from mister
box?” Alice asked. “Sure, show me where you live, if your children are
well behaved tomorrow, I'll take all of you in.”

After showing the man the box, Alice was called by one of it's
children. “Dach's Mawicha's mishter candy! Gib Mawicha some now!” The
bag was swung at the little Marisa, knocking it over. “That isn't city-
sect! From now on you ask nicely, or you get punished!”
*puff*
“Mawicha is a shiddy-sect sishter! Apawogize! Aaa! Awizez Hairbaan!”
“Wile mwommy is dizwagded Mawicha wil hab de candy! Mawicha's Haad!”
“Behave properly, or get bigger punishment! Ask for them back nicely
or mommy will tear them up!”
“Why wood you zay daat!”

The man left the scene, leaving Alice to train it's children. Things
were going to be different tomorrow for sure.

Matt

May 20, 2010, 11:28:32 PM5/20/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
They inherited a lot of shithead attitude from that Marisa.

Good story.

Three

May 21, 2010, 12:12:36 AM5/21/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Thanks for the clarification.

Also, fun story to read. I really want to see what happens next. It's
nice to see a "human and street yukkuri" story that doesn't end in
stompings for everyone.

Working on a continuation to the Winter Alice story I posted earlier.
Keep it in this thread or start a new one?

Matt

May 21, 2010, 12:16:19 AM5/21/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
If it's become a full story, I think you should put it in it's own
thread.

Three

May 21, 2010, 2:47:46 AM5/21/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Well I've got one chapter down. If I can get more going, I'll post a
new thread. Yukkuri Rescue's hit a brick wall right now anyway.

----------------------------
“Fore!”

“Ouch. Right into the rough.”

“Well, shit. My boss says ‘Hey Fred, nice job on that presentation.
How about we go golfing next month?’ And I say ‘Yes, Mr. Johnson.’
God, I’m such an idiot.”

“Yeah, well, not like you can say no, right?”

“Whatever. Let’s just find the damn ball.”

“Yuu?” Something landed with a crash, waking the Marisa from its nap.
Just outside the nest hole, it discovered a strange new thing. She had
never seen anything like it in her short life, a marked white ball,
shining in the afternoon sun and just her size.

“Yuuu-“ Marisa was supposed to stay hidden in the nest until its
mother returned with the day’s meal, but this was too much to ignore.
Was it food? A new treasure? A new friend? Marisa’s stomach growled.
She crawled closer, sniffing the strange object, ready to taste when
the sound of footsteps froze the yukkuri, tongue stretched, almost
touching the ball.

“Why don’t they just cut this stuff?”

“Defeats the purpose.”

“Hmph. Oh, there it is. I think. Do the rules say anything about
clearing the grass away?”

“I don’t think so.”

“Good. I’m not reaching down there, who knows what's hiding in here?
One, two, FORE!”

“YUGHGHGHGH” The club missed the ball, but not the Marisa. It vanished
in a spray of paste, it’s broken husk sailing down the green.

“Oh Jesus, what the fuck was that! You know what? I'm done for the
day. Fuck this, let's go have a beer instead.”

Ohai

May 21, 2010, 3:27:18 AM5/21/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Might make my short story the prologue for a chaptered one.

Ohai

May 21, 2010, 3:34:44 AM5/21/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations

Poweryoga

May 21, 2010, 3:32:21 PM5/21/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
I lol'd greatly at this. Gives a whole new meaning to "bogey". :D

Matt

May 29, 2010, 6:35:15 PM5/29/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
"Ich's Weimu's Eajy pwace! Geezer ge-Yubleh!?"

With a sigh, I squash yet another koyukkuri that had somehow made it's
way into my house, this one making a home from a tipped over garbage
bin. This makes seventeen so far in the last three days. This has to
end. There a undoubtedly more hiding somewhere, so the best way to
draw them out is to trick them. I clear my throat.

"Mmm, This Cake sure is sweet! Good thing there are no yukkuri's here
to take it!"

Eight ko's come scrambling from nowhere, drooling and shoving their
siblings out of the way, moving quickly, I snatched one up, a Marisa
and crush the rest with a few quick stomps.

"Cake! Ich's Maricha's cake! Fwork ich ober!"

It didn't seem to notice me killing it's siblings, it's own
satisfaction being the only thing on it's mind.

"If you lead me to your parents, I'll give you lots of cake."

It eyes seem to sparkle and it squeaks a slurred okay over and over
again. You see, yukkuri can't count higher than three, so any number
after is 'lots', so in this Marisa's mind, I've just offered it
infinite sweets.

Putting the ko down (on the porch so it can't see it's dead siblings),
I pick up my tool bag and follow it into the woods behind my house.

Twenty or so minutes later (mostly because Marisa kept stopping to
demand that I give it cake now) we came to a clearing, the big, old
trees making this the perfect spot for yukkuri to make homes, but...

I see hundreds of koyukkuri. All of them are Marisa and Reimu types
and in the shadow of a large tree I see...IT. The biggest Reimu I've
ever seen, easily three times my own size, seven or eight normal sized
Marisa's around it humping away at it. It was pumping out dozens of
koyukkuri at a time, in my fear I do the only thing I could...I turn
and run, smashing the komarisa with the first step.

I need to tell the government, or pest control or someone.

I think I've found the cause of all the home invasions and destroyed
fields lately.

Poweryoga

May 31, 2010, 1:36:45 AM5/31/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
"Please let Hina take it easy here.... Hina is a good yukkuri!"

The dosuyukkui looked Hina over, and quietly chatted it over with
Patchouli.

This is a small easy place led by a dosuyukkuri, with just over 50
families. Hina had been traveling the mountain roads to get to the
forest, and on the way she narrowly avoided a mudslide that covered
the village below in meters of slushy dirt.

"Sure, ze!! Hina looks like an easy yukkuri!! Please take it easy with
us!"
"Thank you dosu!!"
"Patchouli here will show you to a nice easy place, ze!"
"Follow Patch....Y...Yugu...."
"Patchouli?"

Patchouli coughed a few times, and collapsed on the floor. A small
pool of cream leaked out of her mouth, and Patchouli took it easy
forever.

"PATCHOULIIII!!! WHAT HAPPENED!!!"
"Yu? Dosu, is something wrong?"
"Reimu!! Please go fetch mister orange juice!"
"Yu yu!! Reimu will be right back!!"

Reimu hurried into the storage area, a large cave carved out of the
mountain side by the dosuyukkuri to use for storage. Here, the most
precious things are stored. Mister orange juice, mister plastic
bags... things yukkuris couldn't procure themselves.

"Ah, here it is!"

A small rumble.

"Chen gets it!!! EARTHQUAKEEEEE!!!"
"Yu yu!?!"

Reimu began to hop out of the cave when the ground started shaking
violently, and she fell over and spilled the orange juice all over the
floor. A second later, the cave collapsed along with the mountain,
sealing Reimu and everything within forever.

Dosu looked around in panic as nests caught on fire, a herd of wild
boars trampled through the easy place, and the wind changed directions
and started spreading the fire directly into the camp.

"Everybody!!! Let's escape eaYUPLEH"

A small rock fell from the mountain and struck dosu on the head, and
she flopped over.

Within five minutes, the yukkuri camp has been destroyed.

"Yuuuuu, what happened?!?! Hina ... doesn't get it... But this
doesn't look like an easy place..."

Sighing to herself, Hina hopped over the dead yukkuri bodies and
continued to search for her easy place.

Matt

May 31, 2010, 1:58:46 AM5/31/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
...Poor Hina. On the other hand, she may have single handedly
prevented a large scale yukkuri invasion because, well fifty families
is a lot given how fast yukkuris can breed.

qaz

Jun 1, 2010, 3:46:04 PM6/1/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations

here is a story i worked on for a little while. It may need more work
though.

It was an extremely hot summer’s day. To the yukkuri’s it has been the
hottest that any of them have experienced in their lives. However
during all of this one yukkuri was happy to be outside in this
weather.

“Mister lets go outside”

“It is to fucking hot out I want to stay inside. Besides Alice, I have
work to do”.

Alice was a 2-month-old yukkuri that had been born in this kind of
weather. She remembers little of her past, but knows she loves it when
it is hot out. On her head it was clear she was a gold badge pet. She
loved mister.

“come on mister alice wants to go out side”

“No alice, I am not going to the park today”

“but whyyyy”

“cause its 99 degrees out there and I am not risking my gold badge pet
melting on the sidewalk”.

“but inside is not city select enough, I can’t take it easy”.

“ I said no, end of story”

Mister’s name was ray ashlent and he lived in New York. He adopted
Alice when she was just a two week old koyukkuri. Alice has been
polite she want to. At time she to the point where he wanted to kill
her before.
At this point alice was crying.

“I wana go ouwide”

Alice would get over it in a while but ray had a way to speed up the
process. He reached in to a cage. This cage had yukkuri that he
captured all around the city. In the cage there was 4 Marisa’s. he
only collected Marisa’s because Alice liked them so much. He took a
marisa out of the cage and placed in into Alice’s fun box.

“YU mister give me sweet sweets now”

“is mister deaf is he blind put Marisa down easy”

He tossed marisa in the box. It asked for sweets and tried to escape.
It was no use.

“hey Alice guess what I got for you”.

“y..y..yu a present for Alice”

“Yes open the door to the box and find out”

Alice opened the door to the box. She saw a marisa trying to get out
of the box.

“yu”

“barisa!”

She ran over and raped it till it died. Alice was happy. At this time
ray went to work with a smile on his face. he would clean the box
later.

Three

Jun 1, 2010, 5:28:26 PM6/1/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Going to be honest here and say yes, that needed a little more work.
Grammar and punctuation are all over the place.

Was going to post a story, but my attempts at Yukkuri Shakespeare
didn't go so well. Yukkuri-izing Middle English just sounds bad.

Toawa

Jun 1, 2010, 6:58:15 PM6/1/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
And capitalization.

OTOH, it did quite remind me of the Marisa Dispenser, which I quite enjoyed.
http://bbs.shii.org/yukkuri/post/view/16335

Poweryoga

Jun 2, 2010, 1:42:55 AM6/2/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
I'm not sure how a rapist cang get a gold badge...

On Jun 1, 6:58 pm, Toawa <pap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> And capitalization.
>
> OTOH, it did quite remind me of the Marisa Dispenser, which I quite enjoyed.http://bbs.shii.org/yukkuri/post/view/16335

Three

Jun 2, 2010, 1:59:27 AM6/2/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Well it sounds like Mr. Ray (I don't know why, but giving the owner a
name and even a tiny amount of backstory is just weird) is enabling
the behavior. Probably some sort of lazy training/reward method, like
giving your dog table scraps so it'll stop whining.

To overthink things, I don't know how it'd get a gold badge when the
owner seems to be of the "oh shut up already" type and the Alice
appears to be a "doesn't understand no" type. Gold badge takes a lot
of time and effort, both on the owner and yukkuri's part, right? And
the Alice's speech patterns are immature, and...I'll just stop for now.

Toawa

Jun 2, 2010, 2:00:03 AM6/2/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
It's not going out raping *random* yukkuri; only those yukkuri that its
owner provides...

Three

Jun 2, 2010, 2:10:43 AM6/2/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
But it's probably setting up an assumption that raping is okay in the
Alice's mind. Depending how frequently the Alice is rewarded in this
manner, it might not think it's a "sometimes" reward and is more of a
common privilege. Makes playdates with other yukkuri reeaaal awkward.

Toawa

Jun 2, 2010, 2:22:47 AM6/2/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Well, there's always black-market gold badges...

Three

Jun 2, 2010, 2:29:45 AM6/2/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
I have double-ribbon Reimu here, very rare...you interested?

Just the badge itself? I could see that. Still seems like a dumbass
move though, seeing as you'd be paying extra for the prestige of a
gold badge but not the behavior of a properly trained yukkuri. More
trouble in the long run...

Matt

Jun 2, 2010, 2:56:24 AM6/2/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
*Snicker* Yeah. Go buy a three tailed Chen, and tell me how well that
works out for ya.

Three

Jun 4, 2010, 4:53:12 PM6/4/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Got inspired by http://bbs.shii.org/yukkuri/post/view/13174

-------------------------------

"Time for Reimu's munch-munch!" The yukkuri pressed against the
chicken wire, tongue lolling and braids flapping. "Hurry, lady,
hurry!" Though its skin was dirty and saggy and the ribbons were faded
and worn, the Reimu didn't seem to mind at all. All it cared about was
the approaching woman and her bucket of delicious food.

Wordlessly, the woman slid the enclosure's tarp roof back and with
grunt she hefted the bucket over the waist-high fence and poured.

"Yuuuu! Yuuuu! Taaasty! Taaaasty!" Eggshells, vegetable peelings, used
teabags and all kinds of kitchen debris poured into the shallow
trough. The Reimu was practically dancing, drooling at the banquet
before it.

"Well? Dig-" holding a clean handkerchief to her face, the woman still
had to gag at the stench. "-in." The Reimu didn't answer, already face-
deep in the slop. Trying not to breathe too deeply, she fished out the
yukkuri's litter pan. and dumped the contents into another bucket. The
expelled filling would go into the expansive garden covering the other
half of the yard, feeding the fruits and vegetables there.

This dirty, rough-mannered yukkuri would continue to prove it's worth,
unlike the the rest of it's home-invading family.

Tea

Jun 4, 2010, 5:57:18 PM6/4/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Reminds me of the concept for yukkuri based recycling and sewage
treatment facilities. I wonder though, after a few generations the
yukkuris would probably become used to eating the crap (literally)...
and they either wouldn't mind it, or they'd keep the memories of how
bad it is (and how good other food is, but they'll never get it) and
become depressed.

Three

Jun 4, 2010, 6:51:45 PM6/4/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
I was thinking of those stories as well, the picture just reminded me
of the concept.

The backstory of this yukkuri is that it was the youngest of a gutter
trash family. It probably knew what sweet and non-garbage things
tasted like but only as rare treats (if at all). It knew humans have
places to live that aren't boxes or dumpsters, but not much else.
Getting it to eat leftovers and old vegetables and live in a fenced-in
doghouse wouldn't be too hard. Especially when that's all it gets so
either eat up or die.

Was going to add all that, but figured I was going to get off on a
tangent way to easily.

Three

Jun 4, 2010, 6:59:44 PM6/4/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Oh and was going to give my answer. Derp.

I figure if they're started early enough eating junk they'd be used to
it. Catch them right off the stalk and they'll have minimal memories
of good foods. Successive generations are going to get used to the
situation real fast.

Really though, it depends on how smart your yukkuris are, and how much
of a memory they can hold.

Three

Jun 8, 2010, 3:04:59 AM6/8/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
T-T-T-triple post! I feel a writing mood coming on. Anything people
want to see?

----------------------------------
In the abandoned lot behind my apartment there’s a miniature clan of
yukkuris. Two or three families of mixed types spend their days
harassing passerby, digging through garbage and basking in the sun.

One day I decided to have some fun with them.

“Hey Mister! Deibu is a pitiable single mother! Give Deibu sweet-
sweets for cute babies!”

“Marisa is the strongest, ze! Give treats or Mister dies!”

“Alice is wonderful yukkuri, give Alice your love…”

It doesn’t take long for a half-dozen dirty, rude yukkuris to gather
around. I see Reimus, Marisas, Alices and one skittish Chen, watching
from the edge of the clearing. Gutter trash of all sizes, from
tangerine-sized babies to adults the size of volleyballs fight for my
attention. It’s a horrible racket, but they keep at least an arm’s
length away from me.

The noise stops as I pull three objects from my bag. They’re ugly
things, with a leering yukkuri crudely etched on the front and a pin
on the back: Trash Badges, available in vending machines anywhere. All
eyes are locked on those coppery objects.

“I have three badges for three good yukkuri here.”

“Hand badge to Marisa, Mister or else!”

“Ooh, Alice is so very city-sect, give Alice badge…”

“Deibu has cute babies to feed! Give Deibu sweet-sweets now!”

“Quiet! You yukkuris know how to do tricks, right? The best tricks get
a badge and I take them home.” I smiled at the looks of longing on
those dirty faces. A couple were even drooling. “Line up and- I said
line up!” I had to slap an overeager Marisa and Alice who tried to
shove others out of the way.

Mostly, it was a waste of time. The trash would puff up, roll on the
ground or give a horrible series of shrieks and squeaks it called a
song. One Marisa took a dump, looked me in the eye and demanded I eat
it. An Alice gave a passable imitation of a cat-food jingle; where it
heard it, I have no idea. The smallest Reimu twirled its braids while
swaying back in forth. The Chen, with some encouragement, came out of
hiding, hopped to the center and chased its tails around in a rough
figure-eight before darting back to cover.

“Very good!” It wasn’t hard to sound enthusiastic for the eager
yukkuris. I was looking forward to what happened next. “Line- stop
that!” The same Marisa was sitting on a smaller Alice. “Now, let me
see, who was the best?”

The badges went on the braid-twirling Reimu, a baseball-sized Marisa
that pissed itself in fright as its performance piece and the singing
Alice. The other yukkuris puffed up, cried and kept knocking into my
leg, demanding their own badges. Save for a couple pinches and light
kicks, I ignored them all.

“Now take Alice home!” The other two chimed in as well, demanding the
food and treats that were their assumed right. The others glared at
them. Curious about the commotion, more yukkuris had come out from
their burrows.

Standing up to admire my handiwork, I couldn’t keep from grinning.
“Oh, did I forget to say? I can’t take yukkuris back today. You’ll
have to wait until tomorrow.”

“Why would you saaaay thaaaat?”

“Weimu want Mishter TV and Mishter Bed now!”

“For those healthy paws and claws-”

I shook a finger at them. “Tsk. Tsk. Tomorrow. If you’re still here
tomorrow, I’ll take you home.” With that, I was off, leaving three
dumbfounded yukkuris and twice as many glaring ones watching. I'm
looking forward to visiting tomorrow.

Matt

Jun 8, 2010, 3:38:54 AM6/8/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
I might have actually taken the Chen home if it was a good yukkuri.
Which is implied by the fact that it was scared(Either of the
shitheads, or it actually knows that humans are stronger than it.)

If you're taking requests, I'd like to see you continue that one with
the Alice and it's ko's in the garage. I think it has a lot of
potential.

Three

Jun 8, 2010, 1:22:52 PM6/8/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
The Chen was just scared of strangers. Thought about spending some
more attention on it, but this Anon isn't one you'd leave with decent
yukkuri.

I'm actually working on that Alice story. Stalled on where it's going
in the long term, but making progress.

Poweryoga

Jun 8, 2010, 4:36:02 PM6/8/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
A hunter is one with her environment.

Still as a rock. Move like the wind.

The strike is fast and decisive.

The hunter is aware of everything around her.

The hunter is the feared one.

The hunter is phantom in the darkness, the truth behind scary children
stories.

The swift.

The merciless.

Flandre dove through the dark, her red eyes leaving behind a trail as
she ripped through the sky. She opened her mouth wide, and latched
herself onto the head shaped object. A sharp pain shot through her
mouth as she found herself biting into an unexpected hard object.

"OWWWWWWWWW!!!!!"
".... uu?"
"WHAT THE FUCK BIT ME!?!?!? OWOWOWOWWOWOW---"

The head thing suddenly fought back, random appendages flailing
through the sky and narrowly missing her wings. Flandre dove back
into the sky, her head filled with confusion and her mouth hurting.

The man screeched and flailed his arms around, and Flandre flew back
into her roost, confused and agitated from the failed hunt.

A hunter... makes mistakes sometimes.

Matt

Jun 8, 2010, 7:30:47 PM6/8/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Lol, she bit some guy's head, right?

Tchus

Jun 8, 2010, 6:11:29 PM6/8/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Something i've had in mind for a few weeks but didn't fancy writing
until now. Enjoy!

--------------------------------

“YUUUUUYUN! GRAMPA DIS IS DEIBU'S NEW EAZY PLACE! GET OUT NOW BEFORE
GWEAT DEIBU KILLS YOU! YUGYUN!”
“Wha?” the old man said blearily. Sleep had been hard coming and he
wasn't about to give it up so easily.
“Schtupid smewwy gweezer can go die eajy! Yun!”
“Yugu! Die and weave wuvwy home for deibu's cude babiez!”
“Showwy for bweing sho cude! Go Die Eajy!!!!” Tiredly the old man
opened his rheumy eyes. A big head, and three small balls were
talking to him from the wall. No, wait a minute, that couldn't be
right. He rubbed his eyes with his free hand before sitting up. A
big dirty yukkuri was puffing and screaming at him. From in front of
her came cries from three smaller, but just as dirty, baby yukkuri.
Great, just great, guttertrash.

“What do you lot want?” The big one, about a foot and a half in
height, with stringy hair and frayed red braids puffed at him again.
“This is Deibu's new eazy place! Old man should leave now before
deibu hurtz him!” The three little ones hopped up and down excitedly.
“Mwommie ish bwig and stwong!”
“Mwommie will makhe you pway! Kweeping aw da eajy pwaces to
yourshelf!”
“Schtupid owd man!” Four trash yukkuri trying to barge into his
place. Oh well, nothing else for it, oppurunities like these rarely
came twice. These shitheads must really have dirt for brains to
accost him. He reached down and grabbed one of the ball sized babies.
“Dis ish wike fwying!” and chomped into it. Having bitten into it's
rear the little shithead screamed for it's mother before he finished
it off.
“YUGYUUUU! MWOMMMiieeee” *crunch* *crunch* ... *gulp*
“YUEEEAAAAAA!!! WHAD YOU DO TO DEIBU'S CUDE LIDDLE BWABIE!!!”

Deibu screamed at the old man, but didn't move, as he reached down for
a second one. To deibu this was incomprehensible. Humans normally
just threw some food to her and then walked away, or left, rather than
fight. To her it was because she was big and strong, to the humans it
was simply because she was annoying. The two remaining babies hadn't
even moved, scared stiff by the horrible old man eating their sister.
He grabbed the next and pulled it up to his face before it started
wriggling. Opening his mouth it was an odd coincidence that the
wriggling screaming infant excreted in fright. The man closed his
mouth in surprise for a few seconds and the infant regained some of
it's earlier bravado.

“Chake dat old man. Ead weimus poo poo and wee wee!” But the man,
finding that sugar water and stale bean paste weren't all that bad,
simply shrugged and swallowed.
“YUUUUUUEE!!!! PWEASEEEE MISHTERRRR!!!! DON EAT WIDDLE WEIMUUUU!
YUUUERGH~” the old man swallowed her in two bites.
“YUUUUUU! DEIBUS LIDDLE ONES!! YUGYUUUU! The mother finding some
sense at last, charged the old man and banged aginst him. Knocked
momentarily back, but not stunned, the man wrapped his arms around
deibu and squeezed.
“YUGYUUUUN! Let... Deibu... goooooooo!” but the man continued to
squeeze. Soon Deibu began to expel bean paste and sugar water. It
came from every orifice as the pressure on her insides increased.
Finally it surged from her as he squeezed the very life giving paste
from her and when her eyes popped out she expired.
“Yurgruuuuu~”

From a few feet away, a terrified little reimu watched as the man ate
the remains of her mother.
“Mwo... mwommmie!? Sch... schisters?!” The old man noticed the final
yukkuri which gazed up at him, wide eyed and simple from the
terrifying experiance. It's mind finally snapped as she saw him
reaching down toward her. With no resistance at all he picked it up,
popped it into his mouth and chewed it noisily.

A few minutes later the old man had finished off the mother before
rubbing the last of her off of his dirty old top. Full for the first
time in a few days. Grabing a sheet of cardboard he pulled it over
himself, and went back to sleep in his cardboard box.

Agares

Jun 9, 2010, 3:28:01 AM6/9/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Hey Three, thanks for your stories. They are great to read.

Three

Jun 10, 2010, 4:36:44 AM6/10/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
@Poweryoga, Tchus
Nice stories! Made me laugh and kept me curious until the end.

@Agares
Thanks!

Is there any story behind the Trucking Yukkuris on OYP? Far as I can
tell they're hobo yukkuris or something.

---------------------
“Walking, walking! Easy, easy! Walking, walking!” Seven yukkuris walk
down a dirt road, mostly Marisas with a couple Reimus. They are
arranged in a line, largest to smallest. Covered in dust from the
day’s travels, all are happily singing their “walking song.”

The road is quiet and empty. The few cars that come slow down and wait
for the yukkuris to pass. Some honk the horn or the driver yells out
“Take it easy!” The yukkuris stop to wave and yell “Take it easy!”
right back, before resuming their travels. After an hour following the
road, the yukkuris cut through an overgrown field, lost in sight
beneath the swaying grasses. They’ll keep moving until nightfall,
stopping only to rest before continuing onward.

“Nobody knows why they do it.” Dr. Boslin has studied the Wandering
Yukkuri phenomenon over the last six years. “Avoiding predators,
letting a feeding ground regenerate or just out of boredom? They can’t
tell us.” This is one of the Where most yukkuris prefer to build a
nest and stay near it, these yukkuris lead a more active life. Each
family moves along an invisible, endless route. With the exception of
winter, the Wandering Yukkuris rarely spend more than a night in any
one location.

“They’ve been here forever,” says Dolores, a longtime native. “It’s
only in the last few years that they’ve come back, though. When I was
growing up, we thought we’d lost them for good.”

Dolores refers to the construction that took place from the 50s
through the 80s. Photographs from the period show busy roads with
yukkuris in pieces on the asphalt, parents and siblings crying or in
shock nearby. The elimination of winter and overnight nests, as well
as predation by stray pets and bored locals further reduced their
numbers.

“To this day, we’re still not sure how many families are still left.”
A retired doctor, Ronald Fairbanks spearheaded the effort to preserve
the Wandering Yukkuris. “Best case scenario, there’s maybe a dozen
still moving around. Compared to the thirty or more pioneers recorded,
it’s a major loss. What’s more, we’ve lost some of the rarer
varieties. Nobody has seen a Rumia in decades. The last known Nitori
sighting was back in ’74, when the old textiles plant was
demolished.”

Thanks to a public awareness campaign, the Wandering Yukkuris have
started to return in greater numbers. While some familes have learned
to avoid traffic, donation drives have helped build tunnels beneath
the busier roads. The use of landscaping has redirected some families
around dangerous spots, such as downtown or the local garbage dump.

“Family is safe from rain. Chen gets it!” A family of Chen and Ran
types are happily nestled in an old doghouse, safe from a summer
shower. Many locals have taken to providing food and shelter to
Wandering Yukkuris that pass through their property.

“It’s wonderful,” remarks Mrs. Swan, a mother of three. “The children
love it. We’ll get up early every month to wait for them to come
through. They’re so adorable.”

However, not everyone is pleased with the comeback. One farmer has
taken steps to keep his property off limits to yukkuris. His fields
are surrounded by barbed wire and irrigation ditches, while fence
posts feature dried-out yukkuris. The Reimu family that once passed
through the area has given up trying and has settled down.

“The man’s a short-sighted idiot.” Neighbors refused to give their
names, but had plenty to say about the situation. “He said the
critters were eating his crops, so he put the fences up to stop them.
Now they’re nesting in one place and they’re eating my crops. If he’d
just let the damn things move along we wouldn’t be having this
problem.” Others have complained, but still the farmer refuses to
budge.

“I don’t get why everyone’s so bent out of shape about the little
shits. Mice are pests too, but you don’t see anybody building houses
and having parties about them. I don’t see why they should be treated
any different.”

At least for now, the Wandering Yukkuris are free to live as they
will, a local treasure that adds color to the region.

Tea

Jun 10, 2010, 10:51:50 AM6/10/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
I don't think there's any story or reason behind the trucking
yukkuris. I think the guy just wanted to draw a load of yukkuris in
different places... I'm not even sure it's the same family throughout.

CubisticArt

Jun 10, 2010, 1:33:17 PM6/10/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
That's actually an interesting idea, that there are "Wandering
yukkuris" as opposed to normal ones. One thing though, I think you
accidentally part of this sentence:

"This is one of the Where most yukkuris prefer to build a nest and
stay near it, these yukkuris lead a more active life."

Yeeeah.

Poweryoga

Jun 10, 2010, 5:43:43 PM6/10/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Great stories. :D

Wandering yukkuris, that's pretty interesting... Reminds me of the
mass migration of lemmings.

Tea

Jun 10, 2010, 5:58:52 PM6/10/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
It is a pretty different and interesting take; however, there have
been a few comics before where yukkuris go travelling a lot, but most
of the time that's to find a new nest or something else, like food.
Although I figure after a while, if being fed at certain towns and
places, those moving for the sake of it will eventually associate
wandering with food and do it for that reason instead.

Three

Jun 10, 2010, 11:13:42 PM6/10/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
@CubisticArt

D'oh. Guess that's why I shouldn't drink and write at four in the
morning.

@Poweryoga
That sounds like a story idea right there. Or at least the whole
"lemmings over a cliff" myth that Disney started.

@Tea

Not too many of those stories end well though, right? All I can think
of is some OYP drawings; there was the one series that featured death
by snake, ants and wild boar.

These yukkuris were motivated by Plot. They've been moving around
before people showed up, the attention people give them is just a
bonus. Kind of like migrating birds/butterflies. Putting a feeder in
your backyard means you're more likely to see them, but they were
going to be in the area anyway.

Ohai

Jun 11, 2010, 9:24:30 AM6/11/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Awesome story, a nice transition to the others.

Three

Jun 17, 2010, 3:15:43 AM6/17/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
I love this picture too much: http://bbs.shii.org/yukkuri/post/view/20635
----------------------
"Mukyu." It was a sound halfway between a phlegmy cough and the noise
one makes to get another's attention. "Mukyu."

"Hm?"

"Turn the page."

"Not yet. I'm still reading." It wasn't a total lie; he had been stuck
on the same sentence for the last five minutes. Not his fault the
afternoon sun was making him sleepy.

"Mukyu. Patchouli is finished reading. Mukyu."

"Too bad. I'm not. I don't think you're even reading. You just look at
the pictures, don't you?" Quickly he skimmed the page. Blah blah blah,
blah is connected to the blah, in blah the blah...

"Mukyu! Mister is so mean. Patchouli is reading the words!" He grinned
as Patchouli jiggled in indignation. His head nestled against her
bulk, it felt like a vibrating cushion.

"Sure, sure. I'm finished anyway." He turned the page. More blah blah
blah-

"In the year 9-0-5, Sir Al-be-r-et, Al-ber-t, Albert lead the re-be-
li-" Still quivering, Patchoili began to read out loud, sounding any
words over two syllables out slowly. It was slow going, and
distracting from his own reading. He reached out to the nearby box of
crackers, grabbed a handful and reached behind him.

"-the Flo-ri, Flo-ren-ti- Mukyu! Mister is spoiling Patchouli!" There
was a tickling sensation as the yukkuri ate from his outstretched
hand.

"I guess so." He yawned. "Listen, Patch. This book's kind of boring.
Want to take a break?"

"Mukyu..." The response was muffled. "Patchouli is feeling sleepy
too."

"Good..." In minutes, human and yukkuri were fast asleep.

Acer

Jun 17, 2010, 10:31:36 AM6/17/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
nice.

Ohai

Jun 18, 2010, 2:50:44 AM6/18/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Going to write something out of my boredom. Forgive me on errors, etc.

I recently got (more like trapped) a rapist Alice from a woodland
behind my apartment. I locked it up in a glass container, having two
Reimus inside (also got from the woods).

"REFRESHREFRESHREFRESHREFRESH"

Holy shit, this thing is crazy. I wonder...

*a week after*

"This is our easy place now! Die, shitty Grandpa! Then, give us sweet-
sweets!"

Ah, the infamous yukkuri take-over announcement. Four, five, six...
Wow, eleven blobs of stress-relief. Six koyukkuris, three Marisas and
two Reimus entered the open window in the balcony.

I came home one afternoon to find these manjuu in my living room. Good
timing, my Alices are getting REALLY lonely in their boxes.

Oh well, might as well do this little "experiment" of mine.

I took out the boxed Alices and opened the latches on the glass boxes.
Dohohohoho, this is going to be fun.

"Mister, is it time?" "Yeah. Take the babies, I'll take care of the
others."

"YUNYAAA!!!!! ITS ALICEEEEEEEE!!!"

The yukkuris were wailing, running away from my "pet" Alice. Trying to
escape, huh? Too bad. I rushed over to the glass door and locked it.

"YUU!!! Mister door is closed?! Open up or I'll get angry!!! *PUFF*"

"REFRESHREFRESHREFRESHREFRESH"

I locked Alice back in the box with the koyukkuris.

"MY BABIEZZZZZZ!!!! YUBLE-*splat*"

A Marisa tried to jump down to the box. I caught it and crushed it
with my handy tenderizer (rolling pin).

"Yububububububu-"

I took out a bottle of chili oil and force-drank it on one of the
Reimus, with amusing results: It flailed its braids, knocking over the
bottle to itself.

Oh, which reminds me, I still have some lemonade left over...

I brought the lemonade out. "Hey, you shit manjuu, want some sweets?"

"Yupii! sweet-sweets! Sweet-sweets!"

I poured the sour-sweet refreshment over them. "Sweet-swee-YUGIII!!!
DIIS IZ ZOUR!!! MIZDER STOOOB!!!" I wrenched one Reimu's mouth open
and poured it down.

It threw up.

"Mister used lemonade on Reimu! Its Super Effective!!! Hahaha, lol."

"REFRESHREFRESHREFRESHREFRESH"

Stopped writing, writer's block. Comments, suggestions, etc.

tora

Jun 18, 2010, 9:32:56 AM6/18/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
I'm pretty sure lemonade is a yukkuri sedative. It's used that way in
a lot of experimentation stories.

Poweryoga

Jun 18, 2010, 6:22:06 PM6/18/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
I think only bitter things and spicy things are bad for yukkuri. I
remember one little comic where the mother was incapacitated because
of a super sour lemon drop though, so I guess its sedative.

But how did the yukkuris get on the balcony? :p

Acer

Jun 18, 2010, 6:26:45 PM6/18/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
flying reimu? *Shhhh* or MST3K mantra

Ohai

Jun 18, 2010, 11:09:37 PM6/18/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Whoops, I slipped up.

>Lemonade as a sedative

Yeah, I had no idea that it's supposed to be a sedative. :P I was just
thinking "Oh, lemonade is sour, so go with that."

>Balcony

I saw a balcony with stairs outside a few days ago.

Three

Jun 18, 2010, 11:45:05 PM6/18/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary about using lemonade.
Probably depends on the lemon/sugar ratio and the shock of the sour
taste would probably affect the yukkuri regardless of how sweet it is.
All depends on the author's concept of yukkuris.

That last line by Anon cracked me up though. There's something about
Anons being crazy being so funny but scary.

I was going to post another Patchouli story but it's gone past two
pages with no signs of stopping.

Poweryoga

Jun 19, 2010, 12:22:51 AM6/19/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
"Hey~ Ho~ Hey~ Ho~"
"""Hey~ Ho~ Hey~ Ho~"""

A small group of Marisas rowed their way across the small pond,
gleefully trailing their father Marisa like a line of small
ducklings. Five little Marisas followed their basketball-sized
father, slowly waddling through the water with little pieces of leaves
and wide sticks.

"Eajy!! Eajy!!"
"Mwommie ish sho cool! Mwommie ish sho fast on mister pond!!"
"Yufufu, when little ones grow up, little ones will be fast too!"
"Mawisha will be like daddy when she grows up!!"
"Mawisha choo!!"
"Yufufu, work hard little ones!!"

The mother Reimu watched with a smile in their little nest on the
rocky banks of the little pond as the entourage left their nest. A
giant willow tree was their home, dug safely under the towering trunk
of the tree where the family snugly fit under the roots. The weeping
branches arced over the water, leaving a nice harbor for the Marisas
to embark on their aquatic journey. A relatively new home, father
Marisa found this little pond earlier last week and had managed to dig
the new home with a little bit of effort.

Their target for today: A small cluster of reeds and their delicious
seeds. The same cluster they had harvested all last week. The food
is plentiful around the area, with no visible predators in sight.
They would be able to live here peacefully for a long time...

"""""Eajy!! Eajy!!""""""

The little Marisas waltzed closer to the cluster, unaware of the murky
shadow following them.

"Ok little ones!!! We are at mister reeds!!.... Yu?"
"What ish it daddy?"
"Mawisha will collect lotsh today choo!"

Marisa turned back to her koyukkuris and frowned.

One... Two... .Three.... Three.....

Hm, doesn't look like anything's missing. But Marisa had a nagging
feeling in the back of her bean paste brain that something was wrong.
Oh well.

"Ok little ones!! Let's collect lots of mister seeds for mister munch-
munch!!"
""""Undershdood eajy!!!""""

Splash.

"Yu?"

Marisa turned back around again, looking at the eager koyukkuris that
were picking away at the smaller reeds.

One... Two... Three....

Hm, all seems well. But yet....

"Yu....? What ish.... YUGYU-"

Splash.

"Yu yu?!? Little one!?!?"

One... Two....

"YUUUOOHHHHHH WHERE DID LITTLE ONE GO!?!?!?"

"Daddy!?!? Big shish went misshing!!!"
"Yuuuuu!?!?! Liddle shish disappeared!!!"
"It's dangerous here little ones!!! Let's go home easy!!!"

What had happened here? This was such a nice easy place before...
they had picked seeds here all last week and there was nothing here to
bother them.... mister fish didn't come this close to the surface, and
there was no Remilias around... did little ones flip overboard
accidentally?

"YUPLEEHH--"

This time Marisa saw what happened.

Little Marisa just.... sank into the water, hat and all This leaves
one last little ko-Marisa.

"Little one!!! run away easy!!! Mister water don't be mean and give
back Marisa's little ones!!! PUFF!!!"
"YU YU!!! Running away eajy!!!!! EajYUGYAAAA--"

Little Marisa sank into the water while father Marisa puffed uselessly
at the uncaring water. Marisa panicked.

"YUUUUUUUUU!!!! YUUUOOOOOOOO LITTLE ONESSSS!?!?!"

Marisa looked down into the water, desperately searching for her
little ones... and a small dark pair of eyes looked back up at her.

A yukkuri in the water!?!

That was the last thing Marisa thought as she sank into the water, her
hat inexplicably failing to stay afloat. Water entered her eyes, her
mouth, and she gurgled uselessly as she sank like a rock.

=======

"Yu yu~~ I'm home~!"
"Yu~! Welcome back~!"
"Lots came down today!! Little ones would be able to eat for a long
time like this!"
"Yuuuu~~ Then it's mister munch-munch time~!"
""""Myunch myunch tymeeee~~!!!""""

Nitori and Murasa rubbed up against each other, and little bubbles
floated to the surface of the pond as the koyukkuris happily sucked on
and licked the bean paste away from the captured ko-Marisas and
Marisa, their drowning faces screaming in agony as they enjoyed the
pain of being eaten alive whilst underwater. Four little Nitoris and
three little Murasas swarmed over the koyukkuris and munched noisily,
and the two parents moved towards father Marisa and began to suck out
their bean paste. Like a pack of piranhas, in less than 30 seconds
there was nothing left of the Marisa family save for little black
hats.

""""""Munch~ Munch~~~ Happiness!!!!!!""""""""

=======

"Yu... What's taking Marisa and the little ones so long...."

<fin>

Ohai

Jun 19, 2010, 9:22:11 AM6/19/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
A nature/Nitori story? How nice, thanks, Poweryoga.

I thought it was a bullying Anon at first, though.

Tea

Jun 19, 2010, 9:35:30 AM6/19/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Hmm... now I'm wondering about yukkuri fishing...

tora

Jun 20, 2010, 8:31:57 AM6/20/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Nice. Have there been any yukkuri Murasas before now?

I've seen footage of how rapidly a boat can capsize if a large air
pocket hits it from beneath. Perhaps the Murasas use air bubbles to do
this as well?

Tea

Jun 20, 2010, 9:39:50 AM6/20/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
There have been few; emphasis on the few part. A yukkuri is quite a
weak creature, so personally I doubt they would be able to create the
strength to create the air bubbles to capsize boats, although they
might be able to do so to capsize other yukkuris. At most, perhaps the
DOS versions might.

Poweryoga

Jun 20, 2010, 12:04:25 PM6/20/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
I'm attributing it to magic. Though I'm more interested in what a
murasa could be filled with.

Poweryoga

Jun 20, 2010, 2:06:12 PM6/20/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
"Target in position."
"Roger that. Deploying Sentry 2. Sentry 2, check in. Over."

A crackle and fizz came over the intercom, and the officer frowned and
looked blankly at the black intercom. He looked over his shoulder and
the radio officer shrugged.

"Repeat, Sentry 2, check in. Over."
"Yu, sorry, ze. Marisa couldn't get mister intercom working, ze."
"Sentry 2 reports an equipment malfunction, please check-"
"Yu!! No, mister intercom is working fine, ze. Marisa, deploying!"
"Roger that."

Marisa, her faced smeared with camouflage paint and wrapped in
camouflage cloth wrappings, slid silently out of her hiding spot in
the middle of the night, slowly making her way past the dew-laden
grass. Her black witch's hat were smeared with green and black mud,
with sticks and leaves sticking out all over, and Marisa's golden hair
has been carefully tucked in and blackened with mud as well.

Half the size of a man, Marisa is a big yukkuri that some have said
would become a dosu-yukkuri one day. Marisa is indeed special.

A crackle over her intercom.

"Sentry 2, report position. Over."
"Shut up, ze! Marisa is trying to...."

A flashlight caught her eye and Marisa dropped down into the mud,
becoming as immobile as a rock.

"Yu, contact."

Two men armed with AK-47s and rifles chattered to themselves in a
language Marisa didn't recognize, and one of them lit up a cigarette.
The men shuffled away, and Marisa could hear sticks and grass crunch
under their booted feet, and soon the jungle was silent again.

"Take care of those two, ze. Mister ak-47 and a hunting rifle, ze."
"HQ, roger that. Sentry 3 on her way."
"Marisa, location within sight. Engaging radio silence, ze."
"Roger. HQ out."

Marisa slowly inched up, looked around, and saw her target. A small
camp with a bonfire lit in the middle, there were about 4-5 tents
littered around the fire along with men standing around talking and
smoking.

Marisa's eyes darted around.

AK-47s. Scoped hunting rifles. boxes of ammunition. Food, water,
flashlights.

Cages.

Marisa squinted and took a closer look. The fire flickered and the
change in light illuminated the objects in the cages.

Kaguya, Mokou, Byakuren. Keine.

Koakoma, Komachi.... Even a justakkuri. Rare yukkuris. Captured to
be sold at an absurdly high price to collectors.

Marisa unslung her specialized rifle, and took a deep breath. She
moved the mouthpiece of the rifle over her mouth, and drew up her
camouflage attire so that she was no more than a rock in the middle of
the jungle. She looked into the scope of her rifle, and picked out a
man who was smoking a cigar.

"Safety off, ze. Die easy."

The sharp whine of energy gathering in her mouth was dampened by the
mouthpiece, which also redirected the high energy flow into the
rifle. The frame of the rifle juttered a bit as the energy flowed
into the firing chamber, and in the next second a small whine sounded
as a lance of light punched through the man's neck, severing it
cleanly.

Marisa swung her rifle around in a small arc across the camp while the
beam was still firing, and the surprised poachers only had a split
second to look as they were cut into halves by the searing energy ray,
which dissipated into the night. Marisa let the mouth-piece drop and
sucked in a huge gasp of air, and she felt the sweet-tangy taste of
her own bean paste as her breath came in ragged gulps. The shot
always burned her mouth... she'd have to file a complaint about these
inefficient mouthpieces.

"Camp neutralized, ze."
"Sentry 3, Marisa got the two patrolling, ze. Cleanup is on the way.
Return to base, ze."
"Acknowledged easy."

Marisa melted into the night, the surprised yelps and cries of the
caged yukkuris behind her. In less than five minutes, three men
dressed in dark green, also armed with Ak47s, moved into the camp to
retrieve the frightened yukkuris.

====

In a world where rare yukkuris are as endangered as African elephants
and the bald eagles, the government has been cracking down on poachers
and animal traffickers that sneak into yukkuri reservations and
capture these yukkuris for profit. Easy to capture and easily stored,
the yukkuris have become an easy revenue for both terrorists and
poachers. It is estimated the illegal-yukkuri trade cash flow number
in the hundreds of millions of dollars every year, and has funded more
than 100 terrorist operations across the globe so far. With the
increased areas of operation by the poachers, governments have picked
their brains for a way to supervise these areas.

Then they discovered yukkuris and their ability to creat dosu-sparks.
Yukkuris were cheap to train and reproduce, and they were a non-issue
if they were killed.

Years later, these specialized yukkuri brigades are the fear and bane
of every poacher.

Acer

Jun 20, 2010, 9:32:21 PM6/20/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Solid Marisa Yukkuri.
okay not really but interesting concept and a great short story

Toawa

Jun 20, 2010, 10:53:26 PM6/20/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Oh, one other thing... When replying to list mails, especially stories,
make sure you cut out the story so you don't end up quoting the entire
(potentially large) thing...

tora

Jun 21, 2010, 1:15:34 AM6/21/10
On Jun 20, 11:04 am, Poweryoga <nospam11...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm attributing it to magic.  Though I'm more interested in what a
> murasa could be filled with.

Creamed spinach?

Nice short, by the way. Still, I wonder if it might not be a bad idea
to be arming yukkuri.

Three

Jun 23, 2010, 3:20:29 AM6/23/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
“There. How’s that?” Sitting back to admire his handiwork, the man
smiled at the yukkuri.

“Mukyu! Stalk no longer hurts. Thank you Mister!” Resting on a pillow
in its cardboard box nest, the Patchouli looked up at the man, being
very careful not to move. Protruding from the Patchouli’s forehead was
a pencil-thin stalk with three growing yukkuris. Extending from the
box’s roof were a handful of strings, tied to the stalk, keeping the
stalk from bending and breaking.

“You’re welcome.” He double-checked his handwork, making sure the flow
of paste wasn’t impeded by the string. “Thirsty?”

“Yes.” Disappearing and returning a minute later with a cup full of
ice and juice. A purple straw protruded from the lid, full of twists
and bend. Seeing this, Patchouli waved its hair in place of dancing.
“Mukyu! Mister remembered Patchouli’s crazy straw! Mister is so kind!”

Taking long sips, both Patchouli and Mister watched as the babies
twitched and swung back and forth. Eyes closed and mouths open, the
Marisa and two Patchoulis appeared to be sleeping. Below each unborn
yukkuri was a carefully arranged nest of cut-up blankets.

“Won’t be long until the babies are born. Can you stay still that
long?”

The Patchouli gave a tiny nod. “Patchouli can wait. Patchouli wants
for babies to be born easy.” A thought crossed Patchouli’s mind,
giving a troubled scrunching of its features. “Mister is still letting
Patchouli keep two babies, right?”

“Of course I am. Do you know which ones?”

“Mukyu. Little ones that look like Patchouli can stay. Mister can take
other one.”

“I knew you were going to say that. You’ll be a good mother, won’t
you?”

“Patchouli will teach them what Mister has taught Patchouli!”

Mister grinned and rubbed the yukkuri’s cheek. “Of course you will.”
Placing a baby monitor by the soon-to-be-mother, Mister stood. “Well,
I better get back to work. Yell if you need me, okay?”

“Okay Mister!” As he returned to his study, the man could hear both
from the yukkuri’s room and the monitor on his desk Patchouli singing
to her babies.

Acer

Jun 23, 2010, 7:33:49 PM6/23/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Would like too see more of that story. Well written btw.

Tea

Jun 23, 2010, 7:47:58 PM6/23/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
> “Mukyu. Little ones that look like Patchouli can stay. Mister can take
> other one.”

Better watch that Patchouli, lest it turn into a species elitist.

Three

Jun 24, 2010, 12:49:12 AM6/24/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
@Acer
Thanks. That story's going nowhere after this, but I have another
Patchouli story I hope to knock a few chapters out for.

@Tea
Yeah, might be a problem down the road if the story had any future.
The Unnecessary Backstory I came up with is that the other parent was
a Marisa (duh) that Mister brought over because Patchy wanted kids.
Wasn't exactly a nice yukkuri so there's some resentment towards
Marisas there on Patchy's part.

Tinweasel

Jun 24, 2010, 10:05:46 PM6/24/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Some quick filler for y'all, because I'm having writer's block on my
main work-in-progress.

"Mukyu! Patchouli wants to talk to mister human easy, please!"

The farmer was picking up a shovel, already preparing to splatter the
latest yukkuri to come demanding a share of his hard-grown crops. He
would wait until the yukkuri actually tried to get food from him, just
in case other yukkuris were watching and ready to be traumatized into
staying away from Mister Farm.

"Patchouli's clan keeps getting bigger, you see, and there's not
enough mister munch-munch growing in the forest! At this rate, we
won't be able to gather for Mister Winter when it comes..."

He hoisted the shovels up and rested it across his back, waiting for
the inevitable demands and irrationality and accusations that "you
can't take it easy".

"But mister human has lots of mister vegetables growing in mister
human's easy place, so Patchouli was thinking..."

The farmer shifted his grip, preparing to bring the shovel off of his
shoulder and down onto the pastry-head in front of him.

"Mister human, please show Patchouli the secret to making lots of
mister vegetables grow in one place like that!"

The shovel clattered to the ground.

"Are you sure? It ain't easy work..."

"Mukyu! Not taking it easy for a bit now means Patchouli can take it
easy a lot more later! Daddy told Patchouli so!"

The farmer smiled. Even if this cream puff's clan was as much of a
bunch of trash as he suspected, there would be at least one family of
yukkuris ready to become his assistants.

Acer

Jun 24, 2010, 10:38:09 PM6/24/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
A very realistic depiction of how a farmer might react in this
situation. Well done.

Three

Jun 25, 2010, 12:56:30 PM6/25/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Weird. I thought I posted a story here last night. Anybody see it?

Three

Jun 25, 2010, 3:15:02 AM6/25/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
“Yueh! Weimu ish dwonig!”

“Yuyuyuyu, Marisa is the strongest for sure, ze!”

“Reimu’s cute baby! Mommy will save little- ooph!”

“Stupid not-easy Reimu not sharing Mister Ball with Marisa! The strong
Marisa will make you pay, ze!”

“Hewp! Mwomie shave Weimu!”
“Code Three in the ball pit, Code Three in the ball pit.”

The lady sighed. “Nothing to do here. I’ll handle it.” Code Three:
yukkuri-on-yukkuri violence. Easy Park maintained strict membership
requirements, but bad apples did get through with frustrating
frequency. Jogging down the carpeted halls, she passed room after
room; a brightly painted koyukkuri nursery, the plant-filled Yuuka
House, the gym with miniature treadmills and so on until she reached
her destination.

Where was- oh. Damn. Normally no room in Easy Park was left
unattended. At the moment however, it looked like whoever was on duty
today had decided to take a break. There was the “Out of Order” sign
on the door, but he or she had forgotten to lock it and owners had
dropped off their pets and left. Taking a breath, she slipped inside.

The Ball Pit was a room with not one, but four ball pits. Each was no
more than five or six inches deep, filled with golf-ball sized plastic
balls. Right now the room was empty, except for the seven or so
yukkuris. Most were happily “swimming” in the farthest pit.

“Hewp! Shtupid Weimu dat won’t shave Weimu iz bad!” She could just see
a frantically waving braid poking from the closest ball pit. There was
no danger there; the balls were too light to cause harm and with Easy
Park’s caretakers were experts at relieving yukkuri trauma. The ko
wouldn’t remember a thing in an hour. Closest to the door however, she
could see the problem unfolding.

One Marisa, Gold badge shining on its hat, was sitting on a slightly
smaller Reimu. No, sitting wasn’t the right word; it was crushing the
other yukkuri, slowly. Already filling was leaking from the Reimu’s
mouth and eyes as tears streamed down its face.

“Yuyuyu! Stupid yukkuri should admit Marisa is the greatest, ze!” Oh
Hell. She couldn’t read the markings, but there weren’t many Gold
Marisas that had that annoying verbal tic. She should have guessed.
She really wanted to just let the Marisa finish killing the Reimu. She
had nothing against the Reimu, but getting this annoying, spoiled
trash-with-a-badge out of Easy Park for good would almost be worth
getting written up.

“Yuuughffff…”

“What’s that? Does Reimu accept defeat? Then Marisa shall make Reimu
her concubine, ze.” The Marisa began to undulate, grinding against the
captive yukkuri, causing more harm. The lady sighed again, louder.
Damn. It hadn’t even noticed her standing over the scene at all. She
crouched, grabbed the Marisa’s hair with one hand and reached into her
breast pocket with the other.

“What? Shitty old hag, let glorious Marisa down, ze!” It was angry
now, puffing and waving its single braid, not caring as hat and badge
fell away. “Marisa will defeat weak human and-“ From the pocket came a
pen-sized syringe of sedative, jabbed with more force than probably
necessary. The yukkuri fell silent and drooling in an eyeblink.

The cameras could see her and the situation, but they had no sound
pickups. As she called over the radio for a cage and emergency care,
the Reimu at her feet twitched and dribbled more filling; it would
live, at least. From the ball pit came silence as the koyukkuri had
undoubtedly shouted itself to sleep. In the far corner, the other
yukkuri continued to laugh and play, oblivious to everything else.

Just another day on the job.

Poweryoga

Jun 25, 2010, 2:20:37 PM6/25/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
In the Year 20XX, Yukkuris were discovered.

Initial contact was benign, but hostilities over the treatment and
classification of yukkuris soon erupted.

However, all of that came to an end one day when the yukkuris
attacked. Now, mankind fights for survival.

******

Twirling through the sky, the F-22 Raptor struggled desperately with
impossible g-force turns and banking maneuvers, a desperate attempt to
shake the squadron of Flandres trailing behind the fighter. Bright
sparks arced from their mouths, spitting death in the form or arcane
bolts of energy at the rate of one deadly ray a second. The F-22's
engines suddenly glowed a bright blue purple, and the plane lurched
forward with an astonishing boost in speed followed by a loud crack
from the sound barrier. The Flandres snickered, and folded their
wings inward.

Five small cracks followed the F-22 as the Flandres easily chased
after the air-superiority fighter at the speed of Mach 1.5, seemingly
mocking the 1141.8 mph that the man-made plane worked so hard to
achieve.

"I can't shake them!! They're too fast!! Please tell me those AA
batteries are in position!!"
"Battery four to Spectre, missiles are hot. Firing."

Loud shrieks came from the mobile missile batteries, as streaks of
screaming death locked on and fired on the five Flandres trailing
behind the F-22. The Flandres noticed the vapor trails, and began to
move about in an impossible direction, defying gravity and physics
with every 90 degree turn and loop they make.

Rays of energy streaked towards the missiles, exploding them in mid-
air like blossoming flowers. A few of the missiles got through and
cracked against Flandre's skin, shearing the flying yukkuris in half
before detonating, sending three of them tumbling from the skies in
fiery fireballs.

Two of the Flandres screeched and began to retreat, but a sidewinder
missile caught one as she tried to turn, and the missile tore through
the skin without exploding. Pieces of meat, skin and crystallized
wings splattered in the sky, landing in the forest and mountains after
falling for over a minute.

"Uuu!?!?"

The remaining Flandre looked at her wingman in surprise, before
looking back one last time.

The F-22's vulcan cannon spun up and stitched the Flandre full of 20
mm explosive rounds, and the flying yukkuri disintegrated into thin
air.

"Bogies neutralized. Returning.... wait, what the fuck is that?"

A large object closing in with an extreme speed. Mach 2... 3... no,
faster?!

A giant Flandre the size of a B-29 flying fortress seemingly boomed in
from the distance, shrieking with a high-pitched laugh all the while.
The sky slowly turned black, and a cloud of Flandres slowly followed
the Dosu-Flandre in, clearly unable to keep up with her speed. The
Dosu-Flandre flapped her wings lazily while she remained immobile,
waiting for the rest of her flock to catch up.

"My god..."
"Lävatein"

A red lance of light sliced through the missile battery positions as
Flandre swayed ever so slightly, streaking across the landscape and
leaving a wide gouge the size of a canyon. The air crackled as arcane
energy filled the air, and in the next second the landscape blurred as
reality tore itself apart, arcane energy flooding into the land in a
catastrophic explosion that rivaled mankind's most powerful nuclear
bombs.

A wall of fire 500 feet high could be seen for miles in every
direction as the missile battery position was neutralized in the blink
of an eye. Dosu-Flandre cackled as the swarms of Flandres behind her
closed in on the F-22, rays of energy blazing from their mouths.

<fin>

Coloris

Jun 25, 2010, 4:06:12 PM6/25/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
sweet, a dosu-flan ^^

Matt

Jun 25, 2010, 4:16:35 PM6/25/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
It's well written, but I'm not a fan of yukkuri being dangerous.

Even so, I knew this topic would be a good idea! We almost have enough
for our own yudoc.

On Jun 25, 1:06 pm, Coloris <Colo...@hotmail.de> wrote:
> sweet, a dosu-flan ^^

Acer

Jun 25, 2010, 5:31:19 PM6/25/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Oh snap Dosu Flan... spooky.
Now here's a thought Dosu Mima

Coloris

Jun 25, 2010, 6:00:18 PM6/25/10
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
and dosu-yuuka...if you step on her flowers, you get twin-spark'd ^^
It is loading more messages.