Bootstrap 3.0

Guilherme Coelho

Sep 23, 2013, 5:20:43 PM9/23/13
to yii-bo...@googlegroups.com
Hey there! Question: when do you plan on upgrading to Twitter Bootstrap 3.0? Thanks!

Lev Zemelman

Sep 24, 2013, 6:19:53 PM9/24/13
to yii-bo...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have modified BootMenu, BootNavbar to work with the 3.0 navbar. Can post the code if anyone is interested. However, I am hitting the following issue. 3.0 seems to need a higher version of jquery then the on that is bundled with yii. Upon upgrading the jquery, I get other issues. Example " jQuery('#yw0_button').live('click',function(){ " . This seems to have to do with the live method being deprecated. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get bootstrap 3.0 to work with the rest of yii.

Cheers,

Lev Zemelman

Brandon Hatch

Sep 24, 2013, 6:26:39 PM9/24/13
to yii-bo...@googlegroups.com
Hey Lev,

I wish I could be more help.  I usually just sit in the back and read as my skills are not really there enough to contribute much.  The other day I implemented this http://www.yiiframework.com/extension/yii-bootstrap3-module/  and so far have not had any problems.  It's just running locally now or I'd post a link but so far so good!

Brandon

Lev Zemelman

Sep 24, 2013, 10:12:54 PM9/24/13
to yii-bo...@googlegroups.com
Nice one. Ironically, doesn't document how to use its navbar, which is one of the main things.

Brandon

Sep 25, 2013, 3:55:52 PM9/25/13
to yii-bo...@googlegroups.com
Agreed.  I spent a bit of time looking for docs on the navbar myself and didn't come up with much.  For my purpose I just used CMenu.  It works,  It's just not using the module so kind of defeats the purpose I suppose.  If you find anything more appropriate I would like to see it.

$this->widget('zii.widgets.CMenu',array(
'htmlOptions' => array(
'class'=>'nav navbar-nav'
),