YCLSA statement on the occasion of the 103rd anniversary of the ANC

Khaya Xaba

Jan 8, 2015, 4:20:21 AM1/8/15
to yclsa...@googlegroups.com

YCLSA Press Statement

Thursday January 08, 2015

YCLSA statement on the occasion of the 103rd anniversary of the ANC

The Young Communist League of South Africa [uFasimba] congratulates the African National Congress [ANC] on its 103rd anniversary. The YCLSA says happy anniversary to the movement of Nelson Mandela, Oliver Tambo and Walter Sisulu and a trusted ally of the South African Communist Party [SACP] our motherbody and the Congress of South African Trade Unions [Cosatu].

Formed January 08, 1912 in Bloemfontein, the formation of Africa’s oldest liberation movement was to change the course of history of South Africa. Our glorious liberation movement has stood the test of time from a liberation movement to a party in government and continues to be a beacon of hope for our people. The ANC continues to be a champion of the interests, aspirations, and needs of our people.

The birth of the ANC in 1912, the SACP in 1921, YCLSA in 1922, and ANCYL in 1994 and Cosatu in 1985 led to the 1994 democratic breakthrough. All these progressive formations worked tirelessly for our liberation and their resilience led to the 1994 democratic dispensation.

As the YCLSA we will forever be grateful for the pivotal role the ANC played in liberating our people from the shackles of white minority rule. The rights, freedom and independence we enjoy today are as a result of the selfless and militant ANC cadres who dedicated their lives to liberating the majority black people from the rule of the Boers. The ANC, the people’s glorious movement, liberated millions of South Africans from the stubborn and the brutal apartheid government.

Majority of our people in the country still bear the brunt of the triple challenges of unemployment, poverty and inequalities. While we note the strides made by the ANC government since the 1994 breakthrough, most of our people still live in abject poverty with no basic services. We call on the ANC to immediately look into the issues of land redistribution and the crisis of electricity which has a huge potential to sink our economy.

We, however, hold strong a view that it is through the National Democratic Revolution [NDR] which the ANC is leading that will turn the country into a non-sexist, non-racial and prosperous South African. Working together with the other components of the tripartite alliance the ANC is the vehicle to take South Africa to prosperity and economic freedom.

No other government has supplied its citizen with 3, 3 million houses in a space of 20 years. The ANC government has connected more house on the electricity grid in the last 20 years than the apartheid government did between 1892 and 1994.

It is for this reason that as the YCLSA we will continue to vote and campaign for the ANC government. We hereby commit ourselves to campaign for the ANC in the 2016 local government elections. We will pull our weight to ensure that the ANC wins overwhelmingly. It is our view that no other organisation has the best interests of our country like the ANC. We also continue to encourage YCLSA members who are above the age of 18 to join the ANC.

On the 103rd anniversary of the organisation we call on the ANC to decisively deal with those who continue to give the organisation a bad name. The ANC is not corrupt but individuals inside the movement are. The organisation must purge those who continue to line their pockets which resources that are meant for the working class and the poor. The ANC is and should be a home of cadres who are only occupied with improving the lives of our people. The time of going back to the root is now and we trust the current leadership that it will return this giant to the ideals of Oliver Tambo, Walter Sisulu and Nelson Mandela.

YCLSA says “Phila kungunaphakade Khongole wabantu”

Issued by the National Secretary of the YCLSA, Cde Mluleki Dlelanga, on behalf of the YCLSA National Committee.

For more information contact:

Khaya Xaba

YCLSA National Spokesperson

Cell: 074 5 204 204