Module description being overwritten

coder...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2015, 8:52:16 PM3/7/15
to yar...@googlegroups.com
Most of my libraries have a top-level module in lib/mything.rb. I add the docstring to the module in that file and all is well, until I add a second file that nests things under that namespace. Then I often get docs built that use the "docstring" from lib/mything/whatever.rb which is actually just my license header. How can I make sure that my docs from the main file are used?

Loren Segal

Mar 7, 2015, 9:37:25 PM3/7/15
to yar...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This is asked often enough that there should probably be some text about this in the getting started guide, but multiple (2+) newlines separate code comments from objects. See https://github.com/lsegal/yard/issues/689 for more information.

Loren

--

---