After deleting a class, documentation for it is not automatically deleted (causes failures on rubydoc.org)

peter.vand...@gmail.com

May 12, 2013, 3:03:13 PM5/12/13
to yar...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Recently discovered YARD, thanks for this great software :-)

One issue: when I delete a class, the documentation for it seems to remain
in that location (unless I do `rm -r doc/*`).

That is OK locally, but on rubydoc.org, this delete is probably not done, so when
following the link

  InvalidProvenanceError    (under Dbd :: ProvenanceFact in the left pane)

on rubydoc.org I get Oops from rubydoc.org.

RubyDoc.info YARD Documentation Server

Oops,

We Couldn't Find That Page

Sorry, but we couldn't find the page /github/petervandenabeele/dbd/master/Dbd/ProvenanceFact/InvalidProvenanceError in the petervandenabeele/dbd Github repository. Are you sure that class, method, or file exists?

RubyDoc.info is powered by yard 0.8.5.2 (ruby-2.0.0)

This is an error class that was under Dbd::ProvenanceFact, but I moved under Dbd
recently (commit

Locally I have this yard version

/Users/peter_v/pp/dbd $ yard --version
yard 0.8.6.1
/Users/peter_v/pp/dbd $ yard config -l
:load_plugins: false
:ignored_plugins: []
:autoload_plugins: []
:safe_mode: false

Is there something I can do to force the deletion of classes I moved in the
resulted YARD documentation on rubydoc.org? Maybe a "force" on the
directory?

Many thanks,

Peter Vandenabeele

peter.vand...@gmail.com

May 12, 2013, 3:13:15 PM5/12/13
to yar...@googlegroups.com, peter.vand...@gmail.com
Sorry to reply to self. Situation changed ...

By now, the rubydoc.org documentation has been updated (I should have waited longer),
and the behaviour is correct on rubydoc.org.

Still on my local system, I was seeing this behaviour that a moved class is not
removed from it's old location (maybe I need a special --force command?).

Thanks,

Peter Vandenabeele