Missing documentation of overridden methods

Glyn Normington

Dec 18, 2013, 11:54:38 AM12/18/13
to yar...@googlegroups.com
I am involved in a project in which we have ended up with some documented superclass methods overridden by undocumented subclass methods. We use `yard stats --list-undoc` to fail the build if there are any undocumented methods, but these methods appear to be documented.

Unfortunately, YARD doesn't inherit the documentation of the superclass methods for the subclass methods. So we end up with a successful build with missing documentation.

For a trivial example, see: https://gist.github.com/glyn/8025385. We are running YARD 0.8.7.3.

I have scanned the documentation and lists of options, but cannot find any way to get YARD to inherit documentation for overridden methods or complaining about undocumented overridden methods.

Have I overlooked some options or should I log some issues to propose these features?

Loren Segal

Dec 18, 2013, 4:26:11 PM12/18/13
to yar...@googlegroups.com
It looks like the undocumented check might be missing some methods.

A workaround would be to run your own query with the list command:

$ yard list --query 'docstring.blank?'
lib/A.rb:14: B#a

- Loren
--