Installation issue

Stephane H

Mar 8, 2010, 9:28:12 AM3/8/10
to xuggler-users
Hi,

I am very new, and try to install and run the tutorial about dev on
Eclipse.
http://blog.xuggle.com/2009/01/23/how-to-write-your-first-xuggler-application-in-eclipse/

To make it more simple, I even just tried this pieace of code :

import com.xuggle.xuggler.IContainer;

public class GetContainerInfo
{
IContainer container = IContainer.make();
}
}

I really think I did all that was required, but when executing the
downloaded source code, I get this error :

2010-03-08 16:27:28,371 [main] ERROR com.xuggle.ferry.JNILibraryLoader
- Could not load library: xuggle-xuggler; version: 3; Visit
http://www.xuggle.com/xuggler/faq/ to find common solutions to this
problem
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no xuggle-
xuggler in java.library.path
at
com.xuggle.ferry.JNILibraryLoader.loadLibrary0(JNILibraryLoader.java:
265)
at
com.xuggle.ferry.JNILibraryLoader.loadLibrary(JNILibraryLoader.java:
168)
at com.xuggle.xuggler.XugglerJNI.<clinit>(XugglerJNI.java:19)
at com.xuggle.xuggler.IContainer.<clinit>(IContainer.java:1457)
at GetContainerInfo.main(GetContainerInfo.java:10)

As far as I can see, there is a /usr/local/xuggler/share/java/jars/
xuggle-xuggler.jar and the manifest says :
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.7.0
Created-By: 1.5.0_16-b02 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Implementation-Vendor: www.xuggle.com
Implementation-Title: xuggle-xuggler
Implementation-Version: 3.4.1012
Main-Class: com.xuggle.xuggler.Converter
Red5-Plugin-Main-Class: com.xuggle.xuggler.Global
Red5-Plugin-Main-Method: init
Class-Path: commons-cli.jar logback-classic.jar logback-core.jar slf4j
-api.jar xuggle-xuggler-test.jar

I do feel this is going to be a shame for me ... but well.

Thanks for your help.

Stephane

Art Clarke

Mar 8, 2010, 10:59:26 AM3/8/10
to xuggle...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephane,

Try this:
http://wiki.xuggle.com/Frequently_Asked_Questions#How_do_I_set_DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH_in_Eclipse_on_Mac_OS.3F

- Art

http://www.xuggle.com/
xu‧ggle (zŭ' gl) v. To freely encode, decode, and experience audio and video.

Use Xuggle to get the power of FFmpeg in Java.

Stéphane Hercot

Mar 9, 2010, 3:41:42 AM3/9/10
to xuggle...@googlegroups.com
Hi Art,

and thank you, not only for your answer, but for your work and your tutorials ! Great job, really.

Now I didn't tell you that I was on Linux, so Mac-OS solution was not helping unfortunately. But the whole topic helped me to solve the issue, here is how :
. in Eclipse : File -> Properties
. select the project then Edit
. choose Environment
. add the environment variables there.
Name = XUGGLE_HOME and Value = ${env_var:XUGGLE_HOME}
Name = PATH and Value = ${env_var:PATH}
Name = LD_LIBRARY_PATH and Value = ${env_var:XUGGLE_HOME}/lib

Thanks,
Stephane