Cannot mount a volume on a replicated dir server setup

ggui...@gesa.com

Jan 18, 2013, 3:56:09 PM1/18/13
to xtre...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have successfully setup XtreemFS 1.4 with a 3x3 setup on CentOS 6.  All services are started and I can create a volume and I can see that it exists by viewing the MRC status pages.  My trouble starts when I attempt to mount the volume on a client.

I issue the command (testxtfs is the folder I am attempting to mount, command is issued in the parent folder):

mount.xtreemfs xtreemfs-dir1,xtreemfs,xtreemfs-dir3/testVolume testxtfs

And I receive an error of:

fuse: unknown option `xtreemfs'

I thought, well, maybe its because theres a dash in the hostnames, so I tried it with ip adresses and received the same error (but with the first specified ip as the "unknown option" host).

Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance.

Felix Hupfeld

Jan 18, 2013, 4:00:31 PM1/18/13
to xtre...@googlegroups.com
2013/1/18 <ggui...@gesa.com>
This is a known bug http://code.google.com/p/xtreemfs/issues/detail?id=267 and fixed in trunk, but there is no bug fix release available yet.

DIR/MRC replication is currently not a stable feature, and you will likely hit other bugs there. However, we are working on it and it should be ready towards end of the quarter. I am happy to keep you posted about its progress. Until then I suggest that you continue without it.

... Felix