Debug Xtend in Eclipse

januar...@googlemail.com

Oct 27, 2016, 9:55:33 AM10/27/16
to Xtend Programming Language
Can anybody tell me which code is respsonsible for displaying the submenu "Show Source" in the Debug view where I can usually select "Xtend", "Java" or "Default".
In some projects I observe that the submenu is completly missing while in others the menu appears.
I would like to study the relevant code.

Sven Efftinge (sven@efftinge.de)

Oct 27, 2016, 11:45:19 AM10/27/16
to xtend...@googlegroups.com
Jdt does that through their support for

januar...@googlemail.com

Oct 28, 2016, 10:55:29 AM10/28/16
to Xtend Programming Language
Thanks for your hint! Now I found the relevant code of JDT.

januar...@googlemail.com

Nov 7, 2016, 4:37:12 AM11/7/16
to Xtend Programming Language
The missing "Show Source" menu could be related to the use of the XtendBatchCompiler in our code generation application:
  • The user can select .xtend files in a GUI which contain classes implementing an interface defining a generate(...) method.
  • When the user triggers the code generation the XtendBatchCompiler and the Eclipse JDT BatchCompiler compile the .xtend files to .java and then to .class.
  • These .class files are then loaded and the generate(...) methods are called.
We follow this approach successfully for many months but since we use the XtendBatchCompiler we can no longer debug the .xtend files. Only the derived .java files are displayed.
Previously we loaded the .class files generated by the Eclipse Xtend Tools and debugging worked perfectly.

Does anyone know how to get back Xtend debugging in this situation? Or at least why it does not work anymore?

Thanks for all your answers in advance!