maven plugin for 2.5

all...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2014, 6:05:49 PM1/10/14
to xtend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Xtend masters,

Xtend 2.5 is awesome. I have been really waiting for the 2.5 xtend-maven-plugin release to be able to use the new stuff from but it seems like it is not coming. Is there some expected date for the release?

I've been trying to do the release myself locally but the compilation always fails somewhere even if I follow the guide lines. It would be really important to get the new version as the compiler bug #421744 is tormenting us.

Thank you,
Andras

Christian Dietrich

Jan 11, 2014, 3:41:49 AM1/11/14
to xtend...@googlegroups.com, all...@gmail.com
Hi the plugin is at maven central since 11-Dec-2013

Christian Dietrich

Jan 11, 2014, 3:44:51 AM1/11/14
to xtend...@googlegroups.com, all...@gmail.com
P.S: the bug you mentioned seems to be fixed in 2.5.1 (which is not yet out)

Andras Kovi

Jan 11, 2014, 6:20:56 PM1/11/14
to Christian Dietrich, xtend...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info. I’ll need to check our nexus’ central mirror settings. I couldn’t find the new release there and some other sites have not picked it up either.

I this case, can anyone please tell me how to release the xtend-maven-plugin. I don’t care if 2.5.1 is still not out, but it cannot be much worse than it is with 2.3.
I already went through the http://wiki.eclipse.org/Xtext/Contributor_Guide. I have the latest eclipse dsl, I even updated the xtend plugins. Opened the workspace and many of the projects have errors.
What I don’t know is where to go from here. What are the next steps to release the maven plugin and all its required dependencies?

Thank you in advance,
Andras

Sven Efftinge

Jan 13, 2014, 4:23:10 AM1/13/14
to xtend...@googlegroups.com
You don’t need to release it yourself.
The current master is available as a snapshot build from

signature.asc

András Kövi

Jan 13, 2014, 12:09:29 PM1/13/14
to Christian Dietrich, xtend...@googlegroups.com
I went ahead and checked out the 2.5.0 tag. Thought I could simply cherrypick the fix and make my own release. I simply tried to mvn install on the 2.5.0 tag just to see that it works. But an integration test fails (see below.) Is this possible or I have something misconfigured?

simpleSmapMultisource(org.eclipse.xtend.maven.XtendInstallDebugInfoMojoIT)  Time elapsed: 12.235 sec  <<< FAILURE!

junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: null expected:<...   void this;

      [  void _javaB;

      ]}

    }

...> but was:<...   void this;

      []}

    }

...>

at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:81)

at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:87)

at org.eclipse.xtend.maven.XtendInstallDebugInfoMojoIT.simpleSmapMultisource(XtendInstallDebugInfoMojoIT.java:203)

Sebastian Zarnekow

Jan 13, 2014, 12:33:07 PM1/13/14
to xtend...@googlegroups.com, Christian Dietrich
Hi,

there have been fixes in the 2.5.1 stream that allowed to simplifiy the generated code. Therefore the expectation of the integration test was updated.
Please make sure that you have a consistent setup for the maven plugin of Xtend and the tested change.

Cheers,
Sebastian

signature.asc

Meinte Boersma

Jan 19, 2014, 6:35:19 AM1/19/14
On Saturday, January 11, 2014 9:41:49 AM UTC+1, Christian Dietrich wrote:
Hi the plugin is at maven central since 11-Dec-2013

Nevertheless, the Maven and standalone plugins at central are still at version 2.4.3. The standalone plugin doesn't play nice with 2.5.0 w.r.t. the overloading of + w.r.t. Strings.

Sven Efftinge

Jan 19, 2014, 1:50:18 PM1/19/14
to xtend...@googlegroups.com
There have been some restructuring regarding the maven artifacts
The maven plug-in is this org/eclipse/xtend/xtend-maven-plugin/
And the ‘standalone’ is obsolete and has been split up (org.eclipse.xtend, etc.)

So everything is there in 2.5.0 but some bits had been renamed.

signature.asc

Meinte Boersma

Jan 21, 2014, 3:39:13 AM1/21/14
to xtend...@googlegroups.com
On Sunday, January 19, 2014 7:50:18 PM UTC+1, Sven Efftinge wrote:
There have been some restructuring regarding the maven artifacts
The maven plug-in is this org/eclipse/xtend/xtend-maven-plugin/
And the ‘standalone’ is obsolete and has been split up (org.eclipse.xtend, etc.)

So everything is there in 2.5.0 but some bits had been renamed.

Ah, thanks for the clarification: it works now.