Template expression does not compile from commandline

cbr...@rapitasystems.com

Jun 18, 2015, 5:43:49 AM6/18/15
to xtend...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm trying to get a working XText project integrated in an automated pde build system.  The following example compiles within eclipse, but not from the commandline:

The error I get is:

[java] 22: no viable alternative at input '» test ''''

It seems to be the FOR that's causing the problem.  Can anyone tell me why?

The commandline I'm using (from an ant script) without the entire classpath list is:

     [java] Executing 'c:\rvsdevtools\jdk1.7.0_09\jre\bin\java.exe' with arguments:

[java] '-classpath'

[java] 'org.eclipse.xtend.core.compiler.batch.Main'

[java] '-cp'

[java] '-d'

[java] 'xtend-gen'

Many thanks!

Sebastian Zarnekow

Jun 18, 2015, 5:45:27 AM6/18/15
to xtend...@googlegroups.com
This looks like an encoding issue. Please make sure that your cmd line build uses the same encoding as your Eclipse workspace.

Best,
Sebastian

Chris Bryan

Jun 18, 2015, 6:30:27 AM6/18/15
to xtend...@googlegroups.com
I see!  That does seem to be the problem.

For what it's worth, changing the eclipse workspace default (Cp1252) didn't iron out the problem for me. I had to manually convert the encoding with Notepad++.  I converted to ANSI, and ant seems to be happy without using any file.encoding setting.

Chris
--
Chris Bryan
Software Engineer

For real-time verifications issues and discussion, follow the Rapita Systems blog