Probably two bugs in resolving type hierarchy and type parameters

kirstenk...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2016, 7:13:13 PM8/26/16
to Xtend Programming Language
Hello,

we've recently tried to port a bigger project to Xtend, because we want to switch to this fabulous language :)

Most parts of the Xtend conversion have been awesome, but we have not been able to get rid of some strange errors. We have reduced our complex structures and found (at least) two generic issues in the context of covariance and interface type hierarchies and another in the context of generics.

We've filed two bugs:

Could you comment on them?

We have currently a big problem especially with the first one (covariance). We haven't found an easy and nice workaround in our real project, i.e. it would require a lot of refactoring. On the other side, our hierarchies are perfectly fine in Java. So if it is considered as Xtend insufficiency and fixing is not too problematic (i.e. there is at least a chance that it gets fixed soon), we will consider a workaround, which can be removed later on.

Thanks a lot in advance!