Xtend, GWT and Eclipse

chris...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2016, 4:05:17 PM6/22/16
to Xtend Programming Language
I have a clean eclipse workspace with both Xtend and GWT plugins installed, I have created a simple (GWT) Web Application Project, which runs fine with the sample code it provides.

When I introduce an Xtend class (called Foo), that generates Java code in the xtend-gen source directory, the GWT compilation step complains:

[ERROR] Line 110: No source code is available for type aaa.bbb.client.Foo; did you forget to inherit a required module?

I tried adding the xtend-gen source directory to the xxx.gwt.xml file, i.e. I added:   <source path='xtend-gen'/>    ...that didn't work.

So, my question is how do I configure GWT and/or Xtend and/or Eclipse to pick up the Java source code generated by Xtend?

Thanks

C.

Sven Efftinge (sven@efftinge.de)

Jun 23, 2016, 2:08:21 AM6/23/16
to xtend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

the typical way is to inherit from the gwt module that we provide. See here for example https://github.com/xtext/auto-gwt/blob/master/src/main/java/de/itemis/xtend/auto/gwt/AutoGWT.gwt.xml

Sven

chris...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2016, 10:20:22 AM6/23/16
to Xtend Programming Language
Thanks for the info, that set me on the right path, needed to add xtext and guava for gwt too.