How to compile XTend from source?

redhat...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2016, 7:01:53 PM3/30/16
to Xtend Programming Language
I would like to do some hacking in the XTend source, I cloned the repository here which contains both XText and XTend. I would like to build the standalone XTend compiler but when I execute './graddle assemble' I get:

Could not copy MANIFEST.MF to '/home/timothy/Drive/Projects/Java/xtext/web/org.eclipse.xtext.web/build/tmp/jar/MANIFEST.MF'.
> A Jar can only accept a valid file or directory: /home/timothy/Drive/Projects/Java/xtext/web/org.eclipse.xtext.web/build/classes/main

Any idea how to fix this error? Also should I be building the entire XText repository like I'm trying to do or is there a way to build only the XTend standalone compiler?

Note: Not sure if it matters but I'm not using eclipse.

Dennis Hübner

Mar 31, 2016, 3:27:24 AM3/31/16
to Xtend Programming Language, redhat...@gmail.com
Hi redhatter,
I didn't get this error when running

./gradlew assemble

You can try to run the maven build first:

cd maven/org.eclipse.xtext.parent
mvn clean install

Regards,
Dennis.

redhat...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2016, 2:17:57 PM3/31/16
to Xtend Programming Language, redhat...@gmail.com
Looking back in the output I think this line is the problem:

:web:org.eclipse.xtext.web:compileJava SKIPPED

Why would it skip compiling the web module?

redhat...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2016, 2:19:39 PM3/31/16
to Xtend Programming Language, redhat...@gmail.com
With maven I get the following error.

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal 'org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-packaging-plugin:0.23.1:build-qualifier': Unable to load the mojo 'org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-packaging-plugin:0.23.1:build-qualifier' in the plugin 'org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-packaging-plugin'. A required class is missing: org/apache/maven/plugin/LegacySupport
org.apache.maven.plugin.LegacySupport

redhat...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2016, 4:45:42 PM3/31/16
to Xtend Programming Language, redhat...@gmail.com
I was finally able to get it to compile by running the following.

./gradlew assemble -PbuildServer

But how do I build the standalone compiler? The jar file in plugins/org.eclipse.xtend.standalone/build/libs doesn't contain any code.