Intellij Beta

Jacob Goodson

May 13, 2015, 9:16:43 PM5/13/15
to xtend...@googlegroups.com
Has the beta begun yet or not?  If so...invite?

Sven Efftinge

May 15, 2015, 9:42:25 AM5/15/15
to xtend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jacob,

the beta release is due Monday.
We will post a message to the group, when it is available and explain what works and what doesn’t.

Have a nice weekend!
Sven

On 14 May 2015, at 03:16, Jacob Goodson <submissio...@gmx.com> wrote:

Has the beta begun yet or not?  If so...invite?

Jacob Goodson

May 15, 2015, 1:56:20 PM5/15/15
to xtend...@googlegroups.com, efft...@itemis.de
Thanks for the update!

Christian Vogel

May 20, 2015, 4:24:53 AM5/20/15
to xtend...@googlegroups.com, efft...@itemis.de
Is that the next monday from now or? :-)

Sven Efftinge

May 20, 2015, 5:01:07 AM5/20/15
to xtend...@googlegroups.com, Sven Efftinge
No it is the Monday, that comes tomorrow. :-|
Sorry, it was a busy week with XtextCON and we found a stupid bug in the beta we wanted to release on Monday,
so we are going to rebuild tomorrow.

Christian Vogel

May 20, 2015, 5:49:09 AM5/20/15
to xtend...@googlegroups.com, efft...@itemis.de
No worries, have a great time at the conference!

Sven Efftinge

May 22, 2015, 2:52:17 PM5/22/15
to xtend...@googlegroups.com, Sven Efftinge
Hi all,

we have released a beta version of our ongoing development stream today, that includes the upcoming IDEA support.
The current state is still bad, as there are obvious problems like race conditions in the editor that cause
arbitrary compiler errors. Also performance is really bad. Other stuff does already work ok, but the fun is elsewhere :-|

If you still want to try it out, here is the link for the IDEA plugin : http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/tmf/xtext/idea/2.9.0.beta2/

We will keep working on it and one of the next betas will be better for sure.
If you are into Xtext or interested in more details, here is more info:

Cheers,
Sven

Stefan Oehme

May 22, 2015, 4:26:11 PM5/22/15
to xtend...@googlegroups.com, efft...@itemis.de
The correct link for the IntelliJ update manager is:

http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/tmf/xtext/idea/2.9.0.beta2/updatePlugins.xml

Also, I'd like to mention specifically that Xtendroid won't work with the current beta. We will fix this in one of the next betas.

Toby Kurien

May 23, 2015, 1:16:01 AM5/23/15
to xtend...@googlegroups.com
Cool, thanks for the update and keep up the great work :-)