Eclipse outline shows all items with same value

Daniele Antonini

May 27, 2017, 7:18:45 PM5/27/17
to Xtend Programming Language
Hi,

I use:
- linux
- eclipse neon 4.6.3, build id 20170314-1500
- xtend  2.12.0.v20170519-1412

I have the following problem with the outline view, every visible items have always the same value.
You can find multiple screenshots to understand better the wrong behavior.

Regards

outline-3.png
outline-2.png
outline-1.png

Christian Dietrich

May 28, 2017, 2:37:29 AM5/28/17
to Xtend Programming Language
Hi can you share a reproducing sample class as well? Does this happen in xtend only or in Java as well

Daniele Antonini

May 29, 2017, 3:26:12 AM5/29/17
to xtend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian,
The problem is related to xtend files only, Java classes works perfectly.

As soon as possible I'll try to reproduce the problem with a smaller class.

Regards

On 28 May 2017 08:37, "Christian Dietrich" <christian.di...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi can you share a reproducing sample class as well? Does this happen in xtend only or in Java as well

Daniele Antonini

Jun 1, 2017, 5:18:41 PM6/1/17
to xtend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cristian,

I have the problem also when create from within eclipse an "Xtend Introductory Examples".
I think this info is enough for you to try to reproduce.

If I create a java class inside the same project the outline works without any issues.
I've attached some screenshots and eclipse installation details.

Can I activate some verbose mode or logger or whatever to give you more information?

Regards

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 9:26 AM, Daniele Antonini <daniele....@fhoster.com> wrote:
Hi Christian,
The problem is related to xtend files only, Java classes works perfectly.

As soon as possible I'll try to reproduce the problem with a smaller class.

Regards
eclipse-details.txt
xtend-outline.png
java-outline.png

Daniele Antonini

Jun 1, 2017, 5:24:03 PM6/1/17
to xtend...@googlegroups.com
As additional info:

CRTL + o on xtend class works fine,
CRTL + ALT + h on xtend class works fine

Christian Dietrich

Jun 2, 2017, 1:11:15 AM6/2/17
to Xtend Programming Language
I have the feeling there is something broken with your eclipse.
see my screenshot

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-02 um 07.06.57.png

Christian Dietrich

Jun 2, 2017, 1:26:27 AM6/2/17
to Xtend Programming Language
and here a screenshot from linux mint

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-02 um 07.25.16.png

Christian Dietrich

Jun 2, 2017, 1:28:26 AM6/2/17
to Xtend Programming Language
so the only way to analyze is to remote debug from one eclipse instance to another on your machine. but i am not sure if this a task i should assign to you ;)

Daniele Antonini

Jun 2, 2017, 7:02:18 AM6/2/17
to xtend...@googlegroups.com
Christian,

yes this could be a though task :)
before to start it I can install a fresh eclipse and see if the problem is still there.

I'll keep you updated.

Alessandro Carraro

Jun 6, 2017, 4:37:09 AM6/6/17
to xtend...@googlegroups.com
I've had the same exact problem for a long time (from the "fresh install" of neon.3+xtend, no other plugins). It was resolved recently by updating the xtend plugin i think, but i'm not sure when or if it had been resolved in that way, simply because i stopped looking at the outline view because it was useless.

here is my working setup:

  Xtend IDE 2.11.0.v20170201-0242 org.eclipse.xtend.sdk.feature.group Eclipse Xtend
  Eclipse Platform 4.6.3.v20170301-0400 org.eclipse.platform.feature.group Eclipse.org
  Eclipse Java Development Tools 3.12.3.v20170301-0400 org.eclipse.jdt.feature.group Eclipse.org

my other computer (I have not access to it now) could still have the problem. this evening i'll check, if it has got i'll send the list of plugins