Compilation Error: "Problem while loading annotation processor: Problem during instantiation of .."

lum...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2015, 2:42:02 PM2/26/15
to xtend...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've got a maven based project using Active Annotations in Eclipse which seems to properly build and run on various machines (Linux, Windows), except for one specific Windows setup.
The above error message is displayed for any Active Annotations I use from the upstream project.
Active Annotations from core work correctly. (@Data etc.)

The only hint I've found so far is that the machine defaulted to Cp1252 file encoding. (And thus gave me errors when opening Active Annotations in the upstream project containing: «»).
However, the file encoding is now properly setup (UTF-8) for both projects, but the downstream project still refuses to compile.

To clarify; the project containing the annotations compiles correctly, but the downstream project that uses them gives the following error:
"Problem while loading annotation processor: Problem during instantiation of <NAME>:<NAME>"

This error is displayed for any Active Annotations from the upstream project, even trivial ones.

I have not been able to find any more detailed error message, and the exact same project works across different installations.
I have tried re-installing eclipse, clean, and even tried the complete eclipse download featured on the Xtend webpage.
I've also tried clearing out the maven & workspace repo to see if any contaminated artifacts were causing the issue.

Install: Windows 7, Eclipse Luna, Xtend IDE2.7.3.v201411190455, JDK 1.7

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(Or how I can find more detailed error reports)

Alexander Karpov

Nov 12, 2016, 5:51:03 PM11/12/16
to Xtend Programming Language, lum...@gmail.com
Hi,

I'm facing exactly the same problem with Active annotations in Xtend.
Have you found the solution for your case?

It looks like not too much people came across it so far...
Frankly speaking your case is the only one i could find with google.
I'm expecting there should be a very simple solution :) please give me a hint!