Two versions of XTend?

Carl

May 5, 2017, 8:54:32 AM5/5/17
to Xtend Programming Language
Hi,

I've got an issue. I got some code for an Eclipse plugin in my company. It is organized in .xpt, .ext and .oaw files. Looking for oaw lead me to believe that the .ext files are written in XTend. However the code looks completely different than what I can find in the documentation.

Bindings are done with let instead of val.

There's no top-level class.

Functions don't start with def, but with the return type, e.g.:
String
function_foo(String val):
    let list = val.split(""):
    function_bar("10", list, 0)
    ;

What language is this? And if you know, where can I find the appropriate documentation. It seems to be related to OpenArchtectureWare, and the extension .ext leads me to belive it should be the XTend language. Was there some huge breaking change in XTend?

I need to make some changes to the code.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Carl

Sven Efftinge (sven@efftinge.de)

May 5, 2017, 8:56:44 AM5/5/17
to xtend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carl,

you are looking at an old version of Xtend which was developed as part of the M2T Xpand template language.
It is incompatible with Xtend and in fact the new Xtend supersedes not only the old Xtend but also the template language Xpand.

Best Regards,
Sven

Karsten Thoms

May 5, 2017, 9:03:51 AM5/5/17