git branching with Xtend IDE 2.9.1.v201512180746 org.eclipse.xtend.sdk.feature.group Eclipse Xtend

Manav Brar

Mar 16, 2016, 8:34:35 PM3/16/16
to Xtend Programming Language
Need advice
Have multiple branches the problem is when I switch a branch the version of the xtend now regenerates xtend generated code, but I need to merge code from another branch in the current branch I am it. I don't remember how I solved this same problem in the original branch to start with.

Please ask more questions if the repository committers didn't understand me.

Sven Efftinge (sven@efftinge.de)

Mar 17, 2016, 9:05:06 AM3/17/16
to xtend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Manav,

the compiler will regenerate the files that have changes when switching a branch. You shouldn't check in the generated sources in the first place, but if you did so, the resulting java source will match the one in the repository, so I either misunderstood you, or the xtend sources and the generated java code is out of sync in your repository.

Sven