Gradle: using the standalone compiler

Stephen Agneta

Apr 7, 2014, 9:15:25 AM4/7/14
to xtend...@googlegroups.com

 Hello all,
   I have a newbie question for the group. I couldn't get the gradle plugin for xtend working properly. I think it is still a work in progress. I then turned to the xtend standalone compiler: 'org.eclipse.xtend:org.eclipse.xtend.standalone:2.4.3'

   Is that considered acceptable? Is the standalone compiler kept up-to-date or is it deprecated? I am somewhat concerned given that the latest Xtend libs are 2.5.1 and the standalone compiler is at 2.4.3.

   Any light on the subject would be appreciated.

   Thanks in advance,
      Steve

Stefan Oehme

Apr 8, 2014, 12:46:19 AM4/8/14
to xtend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

could you please tell us what didn't work for you with the Gradle plugin? That would be very important feedback.

Considering the StandaloneCompiler: Of course you can use it directly. It is now part of "org.eclipse.xtend.core". The latest version is 2.5.3.

Cheers,
Stefan

Stephen Agneta

Apr 8, 2014, 7:36:03 AM4/8/14
to xtend...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I did find the standalone compiler within the core library after I posted that email. It's working great. Great to have confirmation on that so much appreciated.

As for the gradle plugin, I will reinsert it and recreate the error and post the information for you.

STeve

Stephen J Agneta
Principal Software Architect
Bjönd