xtend on the web with ninja (and DSL routing?)

Carl Perfect

Jun 27, 2015, 5:49:04 PM6/27/15
to xtend...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I'm playing with ninja and xtend to get the perfect lean jvm based web stack.
And I must say that I'm pleased with the results.

http://i.imgur.com/KUbf1qb.png

So far I managed to demavenized ninja (which makes everything faster and more enjoyable if
you are not head over heels with maven XML) and introduce xtend as the language of choice
for my application.

My next goals are to push the envelope with xtend a bit more to ease up:
   - the route definition
   - the method results caching (likely with active annotations)
   - any other idea/suggestion ?

For now my question is about the routing DSL that was presented some time ago.
Do you know what is the best way to integrate the DSL to my project?
the capture above show what the Routes.xtend needs to be at the moment while
I would like to try the DSL approach.

Any pointer?

Cheers,
Carl.

Toby Kurien

Jun 28, 2015, 1:20:45 PM6/28/15
to xtend...@googlegroups.com
Check out what I did with my Sparkler framework, it may give you some ideas :
https://github.com/tobykurien/Sparkler

Sven Efftinge

Jun 28, 2015, 1:24:14 PM6/28/15
to xtend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carl,

cool, looks good! The routing DSL is really just an example, that will probably not make people happy who want to do real web applications.
I woud recommend to do something along the lines of what I did here [1], i.e. use an active annotation to make a pretty rest api :

If you think an external DSL fits better, you could write one of course and have a look at our example DSL.
But you shouldn’t just reuse it.

Looking forward to see more of it! :-)

Sven