does xsockets work on azure web sites ?

JohnK

May 24, 2015, 3:11:08 PM5/24/15
to xsocke...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I tried a demo project and deployed to azure websites (I am using the developer license).
But it was not working.
I enabled web sockets on azure and configured the xsockets connection url accordingly (left port number the same).
Is it not working because i used the free developer license?
Would like some confirmation that it works on azure web sites, before going for a commercial license.
Thanks
John

Ulf Björklund

May 25, 2015, 11:21:06 AM5/25/15
to xsocke...@googlegroups.com
Hi John

XSockets work on Azure websites, but you do not need to enable websockets on Azure since xsockets uses its own websocket protocol... Not the one from microsoft.
Only time you need to enable websockets on Azure is if you use the Owin host of xsockets.

However, I recomend you to host xsockets in a worker role instead of in the website.

Regards
Uffe

JohnK

May 27, 2015, 12:49:26 AM5/27/15
to xsocke...@googlegroups.com
Thanks ,
I'll give worker role a try

Ulf Björklund

May 27, 2015, 1:18:10 AM5/27/15
to xsocke...@googlegroups.com
There is a sample with a worker role here
https://github.com/uffebjorklund/TI-CC265